September 28, 2024, 08:38:03 AM

1,531,324 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

OnLive

Started by Hiro, March 24, 2009, 03:43:50 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

It has potential. If I can truely play decent games on my shitty computer, I will be happy.

Hiro

Um, It's streaming the games, not downloads. That's the spirit david! Seriously guys, can't you just say "that's a neat concept, i hope it works out" or something along those lines? Like david, he's got the right mindset.

Hiro

AND HEY TYLER, YOU CAN BUY THE LITTLE BOX THING IF YOU HATE PC GAMING SO MUCH

Classic

Quote from: Hïro on March 24, 2009, 05:01:00 PM
AND HEY TYLER, YOU CAN BUY THE LITTLE BOX THING IF YOU HATE PC GAMING SO MUCH

Why would I waste my money on it?

Classic

Quote from: Hïro on March 24, 2009, 05:25:12 PM
Why would you waste your money on a DSi  baddood;

Because it has games I'll play.  n_u

Hiro

Quote from: ãÆ'ªã‚ºãÆ' å¤©å›½ã‚´ãÆ'¼ãÆ'«ãÆ'‰ on March 24, 2009, 05:28:13 PM
Because it has games I'll play.  n_u
Okay, but you already had a DS Lite, they play the same games, and I doubt DSiWare will be very great.  baddood;

But anyways why couldn't you just say "I'm not really into PC games" in the first place?

Skylark

I think it's sort of ironic that Hiro is telling people to keep a positive mindset and hope this works and everything and then attacks the DSi

HEY! BE POSITIVE

I don't think I get the concept anyways...
the book of right on

Zach

Quote from: Skylark on March 24, 2009, 05:35:28 PM
I think it's sort of ironic that Hiro is telling people to keep a positive mindset and hope this works and everything and then attacks the DSi

HEY! BE POSITIVE

It's stupid and won't work, so don't worry about it.

Hiro

Quote from: Skylark on March 24, 2009, 05:35:28 PM

HEY! BE POSITIVE

I wasn't attacking the DSi, I was just showing him that it's not a waste of money.

But I'm not trying to make everyone like it, I'm just telling them not to be so critical of the damn thing.

The concept is that you can play PC games on multiple computers or your TV without installing them, and even a crappy computer can play really high-quality games.

Hiro

Quote from: Zach on March 24, 2009, 05:41:58 PM
It's stupid and won't work, so don't worry about it.
Cool, you know so much better than everyone else.

Zach

Quote from: Hïro on March 24, 2009, 05:42:50 PM
Cool, you know so much better than everyone else.

No more than how you think you know better than those of us who don't want it.

Hiro

Quote from: Zach on March 24, 2009, 05:44:48 PM
No more than how you think you know better than those of us who don't want it.
I'm fine if you don't want to buy it, but you don't have to be a jackass about it, that's all.
I didn't say it was the most amazing thing either, I just I said I hope it works out and if it does, it should be pretty cool.

Hiro

I also think this would work well for people with Macs who want to play PC games without installing windows.

Zach

Quote from: Hïro on March 24, 2009, 05:48:17 PM
I'm fine if you don't want to buy it, but you don't have to be a jackass about it, that's all.
I didn't say it was the most amazing thing either, I just I said I hope it works out and if it does, it should be pretty cool.

I wasn't trying to be a jackass, so I apologize if I came across that way.

I just don't like what it means for the industry. I know it is inevitable that one day we'll have a download-only, one-console kind of approach to gaming. Even OnLive isn't trying to replace traditional gaming, it is the next step up the ladder to getting rid of consoles and streaming everything over your PC.

Go Up