May 06, 2024, 01:12:19 AM

1,531,621 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Movies - you've seen recently?

Started by The artist formally known, November 27, 2008, 08:46:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

Quote from: ilovesloths on May 16, 2012, 02:41:54 PM
the blair witch project was not what i expected it to be. i don't understand the hype.
the hype pretty much died as soon as the movie was released  akudood;

Samus Aran

strongbad

Quote from: Cirno on May 16, 2012, 09:11:33 PM
wtf akudood;

it was the third movie we watched in a row after a couple glasses of wine so we were very tired

Kalahari Inkantation

Classic

Classic

Kalahari Inkantation

Classic

I'll explain on my day off for you. But I'm glad you liked it.
[spoiler]I like it more than Rocky Horror. sillydood;[/spoiler]

Classic

May 20, 2012, 03:18:34 PM #1448 Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 03:21:42 PM by Nation McKinley
Quote from: Sudoroodo on May 18, 2012, 09:00:37 PM
Please do. sillydood;

OoOoOoOokay, so. The best way to explain this movie to someone who hasn't watched the movies is like this. Ocarina of Time compared to Majora's Mask. A lot of the characters return from the previous movie, you get the same sort of action in the movie, but the concept and overall feel are opposites.

Both movies are about breaking from the norm, while still understanding laws and regulations must be followed, but Shock Treatment has more of a liberal (See: evil communist Europeans) message to it. Strangely enough, Denton U.S.A is actually based in Denton Texas, about two hours from where I live.  giggle;

The REAL sequel to The Rocky Horror Picture Show ("Rocky Horror Shows His Heels", then "The Brad and Janet Show", then on to "Shock Treatment") was going to be about the Queen of Transylvania resurrecting her son Frank'n'Furter to find the then pregnant Janet Weiss, who was unsure if the baby's father was Brad, Rocky or Frankie. However, there were many complications. At the time of the filming, there was a huge actor's strike going on, preventing any sort of filming of outside locations. Secondly, because Rocky had gained popularity a little later after its release, a lot of the actors couldn't come back due to previous engagements. And Susan Sarandon wanted half a million. sillydood;
Add limited time, a very limited budget and Fox breathing down their necks, you get Shock Treatment. Though it was a commercial bomb and people very much disliked it at the time, it has gained popularity since then.

What's weird about the movie is in the 80's there was no such thing as reality television. Yet the movie not only eerily predicted television for the next 30 years, but filmed itself as such.What you're watching is supposed to be what the people of Denton were watching at home. A theme of the media taking over our lives. And you've probably caught on to the overly satirical conservative life the people live there, too. That's another factor. In the 80's (and still today in some parts of Texas), things like homosexuality, interracial marriages, etc. were still as taboo as they were in the 50's . Another symbol is America's broken medical system and capitalism, which Farley's little neo-swastika should have made it all clear.

But hey, the Tea Party. I don't want to piss David off though. Let's continue. sillydood;

Now, to the actual movie itself. The movie is described as "not a sequel, not a prequel, but an equal". I can see how it would be a sequel in many ways, but the movie should be determined the way you see it.

You see Brad and Janet entering DTV studios, which happens to be the actual physical home of Denton. All the citizens live there. They live their lives as a television show. And as they enter, you see Janet and the "emotional cripple" Brad (which ironically is the only god damned sane citizen of Denton) enter and are placed in the "Marriage Maze" television show.[glow=black,2,300] As you learned, the whole thing was set up by his evil twin brother, Farley.[/glow] Bert Schinck condemns Brad to DENTONVALE, where he's treated unethically for his [glow=black,2,300]infantile regression.[/glow] Bert is Farley's little pawn, and practically seduces him into his position.

As part of the plan, in coordination with the rest of DTV [glow=black,2,300]the Denton Dossier was cancelled to make room for Janet's debut as the new "Miss Mental Health" for Farley's new Mental Health Program.[/glow] The reason was that the Denton Dossier was unbiased in its programming, where the rest of the shows praised Farley and his agenda. As Janet climbs to become a star, everyone practically becomes horny for her. And she gets an ego bigger than Susan Sarandon's tits. That's big, if you didn't know. During their rehearsals, we come to find out Nation and Cosmo are friends of Bert, and he brought them to Denton. DENTONVALE has the lowest rating of all shows, so something must be done. Fortunately for Nation, she happens to stumble upon Bert [glow=black,2,300] in the bathroom with Janet, trying to peep on her. Bert's not blind at all.[/glow] Nation uses this to her advantage afterwards, during the musical segment "Shock Treatment". [glow=black,2,300]She then exposes Bert. However, to get the ratings, faith and backing of Farley rather than exposing Bert as a fake, the simply act as if their treatments can go as far as healing the blind.[/glow] Harry and Emily Weiss, Janet's parents, then get swept up with the DENTONVALE crew and are all part of the program from that point on.

You probably don't need this explained, but the "Looking For Trade" song segment is about Janet regretting her stardom and the song itself is about the vanity of the celebrity lifestyle.

At that point, both Brad and Janet are so drugged and fucked up, they soon fall in under the program. Farley's FAITH FACTORY show is a symbol of both political and religious blindness. Everyone has fallen under his spell, but Betty Hapschatt and Judge Oliver Wright do a little research after the Denton Dossier was closed. On their silly little 80's DOS computer, Betty comes to find out [glow=black,2,300]Bert's not the only fake. Both Nation and Cosmo McKinley are character actors as well. [/glow] Just another "LOOK HOW FUCKED UP AMERICA'S MEDICAL SYSTEM IS" sort of thing.But nobody knows or cares. [glow=black,2,300]They also come to find that Brad and Farley were separated as children. And this entire operation was done out of spite and jealousy.[/glow] Moving on.

Towards the end, when Brad [glow=black,2,300]escapes Dentonvale[/glow] Janet snaps out of it and the truth is exposed to Denton and all of the world. Brad and Janet are soon disowned by Denton, while the rest celebrate in their prison. The ending scene itself is also pretty obvious with the straight-jackets and whatnot.

SO. That's that. And I mentioned before that the two movies are opposites. This is true in the music department.
Think:

Sweet Transvestite/ I Can Make You a Man  VS. Thank God I'm a Man
I'm Going Home VS. Breaking Out
Super Heroes VS. Anyhow, Anyhow

The themes simply mirror each other.

I've super super condensed the summary. If you have anymore questions, let me know.  giggle;

HIPPO LOVED SHOCK TREATMENT. <3
He texted me at like 1:00 AM saying it was awesome.  giggle;

Classic

May 20, 2012, 03:24:46 PM #1449 Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 05:02:58 PM by Nation McKinley
Also, if you want the soundtracks, I'd be happy to upload them.

Rocky Horror Part 1
http://www.mediafire.com/?29c6kvy2zcam44s

Rocky Horror Part 2
http://www.mediafire.com/?4cfc16pqfro85w9

Shock Treatment
http://www.mediafire.com/?uhhrdoi1a8nyfdg

6M69I69B9

Kill Bill 1 & 2
Hobo with a Shotgun
Zombieland

Also, I just fucking loved "Gothic and Lolita Psycho," good movie imo.
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Hiro

Thor
Captain America
J. Edgar
all today. they were all p.good

Wrench

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Commander Fuckass

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol

probably one of the best Mission Impossible films