April 28, 2024, 08:11:23 AM

1,531,646 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Movies - you've seen recently?

Started by reeper, November 27, 2008, 08:46:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

We finished watching Sybil today. I almost got teary-eyed at the end. :'(

Hiro

Last night, a saw a film, if i recall it was A horror film

reeper

21 Grams - What an awesomely sad movie. It was really a good movie but entirely sad. It's one of those movies that introduces you to characters who don't yet make sense and you don't know how they're related until way late in the movie. Done pretty well. I liked it quite a bit.

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - I read the book before I watched the movie. The aliens are done pretty well and so are the mice. I love the intro but of course the movie left much out from the book and added a love interest of the main character's. I liked it but wish it stuck to the book a lot more. It's an okay movie.

strongbad

Just saw Valkyrie(sp?) today. I enjoyed it.

Wrench

I saw Igor two days ago. Expected it to suck, it really wasn't bad at all.

Pyrate

I saw Life is Beautiful the other day. It's an Italian movie about Italian Jews during the Holocaust. It was pretty good.

Wrench

I saw Amusement. It was pretty cook.

YPrrrr

I saw "the Three burials of melquiades estrada," and thought it was really good after the first 45 minutes. It's about this Border Patrol guy that accidently kills an illegal immigrant who's the good friend of Tommy Lee Jones' character. So then to get revenge, he drags the Border Patrol guy down to Mexico with the corpse of his friend to bury him in his home town. It has some pretty interesting comments to be made on the cultural clash between scenes in Texas at the beginning of the movie and the ones in Mexico later on.

Hiro

Kiki's Delivery Service... yeah. It was fine, other than not much of anything ever happening, the random awkward laughing every 5 minutes, and that god-awful cat. It was just embarrassing, as well as disheartening.

Hiro

Wrench

Quote from: reefer on January 13, 2009, 04:58:29 PM
The ending was fucking lame.

[spoiler]*slits throat*

ends[/spoiler]

So much suspense build up to that? Awful.

it scared me to DEATH!!!! oh my god i nevr wunt my children to see that movie. way to scary!!!1111

Pyrate

Quote from: Forest Hiro on January 18, 2009, 12:24:54 AM
Dude Life Is Beautiful is AWESOME

I lol'd when the dad was pretending to translate what that Nazi guy was saying into Italian. n_u

Hiro

Quote from: Pyrate on January 18, 2009, 03:48:15 PM
I lol'd when the dad was pretending to translate what that Nazi guy was saying into Italian. n_u
yeah it did a great job of being funny while still being tasteful thumbup;

Skylark

Quote from: Forest Hiro on January 18, 2009, 12:24:08 AM
Kiki's Delivery Service... yeah. It was fine, other than not much of anything ever happening, the random awkward laughing every 5 minutes, and that god-awful cat. It was just embarrassing, as well as disheartening.

I love Kiki's Delivery Service. So much. Nothing really did happen, but why should anything happen? It's just sweet.
Why disheartening.

I want to watch it now.

I watched Goya's Ghosts and was amazed.
the book of right on

Bolivian Army

just saw Wanted with friends

good god it was awful  baddood;

Donate now to the Guff Is Great foundation. baddood;

Go Up