March 28, 2024, 03:18:21 PM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Movies - you've seen recently?

Started by reeper, November 27, 2008, 08:46:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dullahan

Quote from: YPR on December 23, 2008, 10:20:42 AM
None of my friends seem to realize it's a true story
Wait, it's non-fiction?

strongbad

I saw Wall-E yesterday.
Fucking awesome.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Sponge on December 23, 2008, 03:10:59 PM
Wait, it's non-fiction?
Yes, it's about the most famous Hitler-assasination attempt.

Skylark

that movie has Eddie Izzard in it :)

I watched the Dark Knight
the book of right on

Feynman

Movie I haven't seen before? Lately I've been re-watching Bond movies in Blu ray.

However, I also saw Thief for the first time, and it was really good.

LCK

I went and saw The Spirit last night with a few friends. I can't say it was too amazing. akudood;

Dullahan

That new movie with that old guy who lived in a neighbourhood that had some Korean gang and he got along with the nice Korean people.

It was pretty good.

strongbad

Quote from: Sponge on December 26, 2008, 08:42:01 PM
That new movie with that old guy who lived in a neighbourhood that had some Korean gang and he got along with the nice Korean people.

It was pretty good.

Is that the one with Clint Eastwood?

Dullahan

Nyerp

Pyrate

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Oh my god, it was so boring. I walked out of it. baddood;

Det in F♯ Major

Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

russell

I saw The Spirit last night. I didn't know what to expect because all I'd seen was the trailer and Frank Miller's name, so I was expecting something stylized and moderately good.

FUCK

I WAS WRONG

IT WAS HORRIBLE

Roger Ebert gave it 1/10 and said calling the characters cardboard would be a disgrace to a fine packing material. I agree. Also the visual stylization wasn't even very good and Samuel L. Jackson was just stupid and I don't even know who the actor for Spirit was but he almost made me leave because he was so bad.

It is truly a disgrace to film and I don't see how a man goes from Sin City to this

When I got home I watched Matrix Revolution, which I realized I've actually never seen. I think I'd always thought Reloaded was the last one. I'm glad I watched it, it was a good ending and a fairly good movie.

reeper

December 27, 2008, 03:25:12 PM #118 Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 03:32:38 PM by reefer
28 Weeks Later - What the shit? They're obviously a take on the zombie movie genre. It had some cool scenes, the helicopter. But fuck it was really about how the government would fuck us over if there were zombies. It reminded me of The Blindness but with zombies and not cool.

Horton Hears a Who! - It had its moments, some of the characters just pissed me off, the gothic kid was a bit lame. The monkeys were fucking awesome, jesus. Horton had some great scenes but most everyone in Who-ville were just bad characters. Of course this is a kids movie, I liked it overall.

Sukiyaki Western Django - What the shit. It has the wackiness of Kill Bill, but not the cool storyline. The movie is overall just a beautiful looking piece of work with little story. I ultimately watched it because Quentin Tarantino acted in it. It's a good movie.

Day of the Dead (1985) - I watched it a long time ago, but not all the way through. Bubs is awesome. Special effects were so fucking awesome in this movie compared to the previous three (Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead.) I'd have to say it's my favorite of the three.

Dawn of the Dead (1978) - Very respectable movie but I feel that it could have been so much better. The zombies are just blue faced people. It seems like the last 30 minutes were thrown in there as a way for them to escape from the mall. It's a good movie and mostly just fun to watch with a friend just so you can make fun of it.

Marley & Me - I saw it with my girlfriend, mom, and dad. My mom wanted to see a happy uplifting movie for x-mas. As the movie was ending my girlfriend and mom were crying because it was so sad. I admit it was quite sad though. There were scatters of funny parts but mostly it was just a movie about people being angry and sad.

Purple Rain - This is one of Prince's movies. One of the songs can be seen in the end of Clerks 2. The music in between the scenes were a band plays on stage are just awful, it's like a movie about music but some of it is just so awfully cheesy. I do like the movie but maybe only because of the 80s feeling it gives off.

The Silence of the Lambs - Awesome movie. Hannibal is such a great character, though the clues he gives no one would be able to guess them as good as the main character Clarence. I'm planning on watching more of the Hannibal movies.

russell

28 Weeks Later is one of the movies I've seen but never rated on IMDB or Netflix, because I have such mixed feelings about it. I dislike it a bit more than I like it though.

Last night I finally saw Slumdog Millionaire (downloaded a leaked screener DVD, I love the people who leak those), and I regret waiting so long. It's about as good as everyone says it is and not much more... definitely in my top 10 of the year; not in my top 10 ever. It's a pretty moving story and would actually be too serious, I think, if it didn't have that Danny Boyle flair -- ie soundtrack featuring MIA, feel good romance story, disturbingly funny moments involving shit, choreographed Bollywood-style dance number in credits. So overall a 9/10 from me for a unique, insightful, and well-produced movie.

Movies I will watch soon: Milk, Sukiyaki Western Django (finally), Che (Steven Soderbergh; it's a 4 hour long Benicio Del Toro fest), and some indie movies that made a bunch of top 10 of the year lists that I want to see.

Go Up