October 05, 2024, 09:29:23 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Metroid Prime series

Started by Samus Aran, November 05, 2008, 04:11:40 PM

previous topic - next topic

Which of these three awesome games is the best?

Metroid Prime
8 (61.5%)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
2 (15.4%)
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
3 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Go Down

Samus Aran

I only counted the three main ones of the series, which excludes Hunters and Pinball.

But yeah, I've been replaying Prime 1 and 3 recently, so I decided to make a poll regarding the series. Personally, I don't understand how anyone could not consider the first one the best. It has the best atmospheres, music (especially the phendrena and ruins themes), and weapons. Plus, I'm not really fond of the whole dark/light thing that keeps getting re-used.

As for Prime 3, I'll never like the Wii Remote controls as much as the GCN controller ones, so that kind of ruins its chances at being the best for me. It's great still, just too gimmicky at times and stuff. And the music hasn't proved nearly as awesome and memorable as the first Prime.

So yeah, Prime 1 is king.

But Super Metroid is still my favorite Metroid game overall.

Kalahari Inkantation

I enjoy Metroid, but I absolutely suck at it. I'm still on MP1. >.<

Claquesous

Prime is the best. Love it love it love it. I love how sequence breaking adds so much replayability to it, although it has nothing on Super Metroid in that regard. It's harder to sequence break in Echoes, but there are still quite a few cool things possible, and virtually nothing in Corruption.

After playing Echoes a lot more over the summer, I've gained more respect for it. I probably like it better than Corruption, but Skytown is just so cool, so I don't really know.

Can't wait for the Prime/Echoes Wii ports.

UnagiPower

i like metroid fusion and zero mission best

Samus Aran

Quote from: Claquesous on November 05, 2008, 04:16:22 PM
Can't wait for the Prime/Echoes Wii ports.

I never even heard about this until now.

Pyrate

Echoes. I thought the worlds and levels were better, and I liked how it had more cinematics. Metroid Prime is totally badass and I love it, but Echoes holds a special place in my heart. akudood;

the shortest route to the sea

I got Echoes for the gamecube, played it and couldn't beat the sand worm boss thing, and left it. Then, someone let me know that it would be a good idea to play the first game...first.

Holy fuck. I spent so much time not studying for exams and playing that game, it has so many wonderful memories and connotations for me. I've played 2 again, and even three which I loved, but nothing beats Prime 1. Just...nothing.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Samus Aran

Just beat Flaaghra and got the Varia Suit. badass;

I never did like the Flaaghra fight much. It's easily the most boring boss in the game, which is unfortunate seeing as how he looks so cool.

Pyrate

Samus Aran

Quote from: Pierape on November 05, 2008, 04:40:29 PM

Most fun boss ever y/n

i dunno, he wasn't really any more fun than Prime 1's final boss

he did look cooler but neither of them really did a whole lot

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Kazmopolitan on November 05, 2008, 04:19:06 PM
I never even heard about this until now.
Ya, Nintendo's announced that they're working on Wii ports of popular GC games. I think it was like, 2 months after E3. baddood;

Claquesous

C.Mongler

3 is the only one I could manage to enjoy for more than 2 hours  hocuspocus;

[hedy]Zidone

Prime 2 was ballin'.

Sanctuary Temple is one of the best areas in any video game ever.

Quote from: Claquesous on November 05, 2008, 06:07:32 PM
I like Quadraxis better.

YES YES YES

Samus Aran

Quote from: Claquesous on November 05, 2008, 06:07:32 PM
I like Quadraxis better.

agreed

overall I don't think I can really pick a favorite boss out of the games, though

Go Up