October 05, 2024, 09:25:02 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The greatest game of last gen (PS2, Xbox, and GCN)

Started by KonohaShinobi, October 30, 2008, 07:19:08 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

KonohaShinobi

What game do you believe was hands down the greatest game of the last generation of consoles?

I believe it to be Okami, second place GTA: San Andreas, third Viewtiful Joe.

Okami has everything, a great original story, AMAZING graphics (character models, artwork, the general atmosphere), cute and funny dialogue, and innovative gameplay (Name another game where you battle using an paintbrush and drawing symbols onto the screen). It had everything.

Also a little side note: This is not a thread for consoles, but for the games, the greatest console of last gen was the PS2, hands down so there is nothing to discuss regarding it.

UnagiPower

in no order

Resident Evil 4
sly cooper
ratchet and clank
Super Mario Sunshine

i like platforming games  n_u

Wrench

God of War series
Ratchet and Clank series
Resident Evil 4

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Honestly, I loved Pikmin 2.

It was interesting enough to get me to play it, but I didn't feel like I wasted my life when I finished.

strongbad

Geno

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Samus Aran

Whether it was overrated or not, RE4 was still one of the best games of the last gen. Other bests include Wind Waker, Ikaruga, and Pikmin (haven't played Pikmin 2).

On the PS2, I haven't played very much, but Shadow of the Colossus is awesome. But that and a tiny bit of Ico, God of War, and DMC2 are all I've played on the PS2, because I'm a fagort and don't own one for reasons beyond me.

Xbox can kiss my ass.  baddood;

Geno

geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Samus Aran

Quote from: Geno on October 31, 2008, 11:09:05 AM
Yeah the Xbox was awful.
Not enough good exclusives

I actually just said that because I never played any Xbox games, but okay. n_u

strongbad

Quote from: Geno on October 31, 2008, 11:09:05 AM
Yeah the Xbox was awful.
Not enough good exclusives

There wasn't many, but the few good ones stood out.
KoTR
KoTR 2
Halo
Halo 2

When I started this post I had more in mind...

Skylark

I can't really say what the greatest were but the ones that I enjoyed most were Wind Waker and Fable... and Morrowind
the book of right on

Nyerp

October 31, 2008, 06:24:59 PM #11 Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 07:54:53 AM by Nefarious Nyerp
okomi and psychonoughts

Geno

Quote from: the guy with the $5000 suit on October 31, 2008, 04:26:17 PM
There wasn't many, but the few good ones stood out.
KoTR
KoTR 2
Halo
Halo 2

When I started this post I had more in mind...
lol it's funny because that's it.

One Man Freak Show

ICO, SotC, Beyond Good and Evil, Psychonauts, Metroid Prime, WW,  I could go on, really. Last gen was awesome.

Hiro

Go Up