October 05, 2024, 09:29:36 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Pokemon pet peeves

Started by Samus Aran, October 25, 2008, 04:52:27 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

I realized today that Pokemon games, as much fun as they are, piss me off so much sometimes. There are a certain number of things that make me curse out my DS all the time.

1.) When Fly misses. What the fuck? Two fucking turns, wasted. Also when paralysis prevents the attack part of Fly.
2.) Bertha's (second Elite 4 member D/P) Quagsire. As if Quagsire wasn't already stupid enough, this one spams Protect and Bertha always seems to use her Full Restore on it.
3.) One-hit KO moves. Why does it seem like they hit me so often, yet it never works if I try to use them?
4.) Sandstorms, rain, sunshine, and especially fog. God damn. Drags the battle out so much.
5.) DUNSPARCE KLJ;LKJSDF
6.) Chatot. Why is this puny fucker hard to catch? I don't get it. I've wasted so many Ultra Balls on it.
7.) Hi Jump Kick. Why does this move always seem more powerful than it's supposed to be when I'm not the one using it?
8.) GARY OAK

Hiro

greg400

The amount of luck that is put into the game. There must be a funnel that leads shit to my face or something because whenever I need a move to hit, it misses and people always seem to get critical hits at the worst possible moment for me.

wawi

I agree on almost all of those. I also hate hatching eggs. I mean...it's not that bad, but I wish it was easier. An item to speed it up would be nice. The biggest pet peeve of mine would have to be the weather types during battles, like you said. I wish it didn't have to say what is going on after every turn.

Also, in D/P, it seemed like the Pokéball system was off. I wasted many Ultraballs on a Pokémon, and it would not work. Then, I'd use all my other Pokéballs and it still would not work. I'd just throw one normal Pokéball after and it'd capture it.

fox127

Quote from: Kazmopolitan on October 25, 2008, 04:52:27 PM
1.) When Fly misses. What the fuck? Two fucking turns, wasted. Also when paralysis prevents the attack part of Fly.
8.) GARY OAK

Agreed.

But, Paralysis is fun, Para-Flinch Togekiss ftw. Make me smiles when my friends lost to it so much they carried a counter for it.  caterpie;

As for the rest, meh, doesn't bug me, especially #4, I love Sandstorm/Rain.

fox127

Quote from: Akiba on October 25, 2008, 05:19:37 PM
I agree on almost all of those. I also hate hatching eggs. I mean...it's not that bad, but I wish it was easier. An item to speed it up would be nice.
Carry something with Magma Armor (Or whatever the fuck it is, Magby has it) ability? Cuts egg hatching in half or something.

wawi

Quote from: the fox(127) on October 25, 2008, 05:21:22 PM
Carry something with Magma Armor (Or whatever the fuck it is, Magby has it) ability? Cuts egg hatching in half or something.

Oh yes, I forgot. It's been a while since I've played  befuddlement Thanks for reminding me. I have an urge to play again.

Claquesous

4.) Sandstorms, rain, sunshine, and especially fog. God damn. Drags the battle out so much.

YES! Why do the battles in D/P take so long? Choose a move, pause, it actually happens, pause, health bar goes down slowly, pause, pokemon faints, pause, opponent throws a second pokeball, pause, pokemon appears.

Ugh.

Also the Battle Tower. I doubt many of you ever did much with it, but damn, the slow battles coupled with the incredible hax the computer gets makes it infuriating, and yet I keep coming back. Have a record of 79.

Specifically in D/P, surf. Apparently Platinum solved these problems of being slow.

Oh yeah, and, "Saving a lot of data."

Lotos

You didn't trade for the Chatot in the game, or are you looking for a specific nature?

Quote from: Claquesous on October 25, 2008, 05:44:42 PM
Specifically in D/P, surf. Apparently Platinum solved these problems of being slow.

Oh yeah, and, "Saving a lot of data."

Did they make the bike faster too?  I got PISSED at how slow the faster gear is.  I'm used to the mach bike from R/S/E.  It seems even a town change, changing of a boxed Pokemon's position, even catching a Pokemon makes it take that extra 10 seconds to save madood;

You mean in mid-air, right?  I know!  It's ridiculous.  It's up there, it should just do damage if it's coming down anyway...

Samus Aran

Quote from: Lotos on October 25, 2008, 06:00:35 PM
You didn't trade for the Chatot in the game, or are you looking for a specific nature?

I'm trying to catch it on my own. I'm trying to catch all of them that I can do myself, actually. Just to see if I can manage it.

Cookie

I haven't played pokemon since Pokemon blue for GB....

I always hated how you couldn't run away from a person you were battling.

Sam

KAZ. I love Gary. ;-; I'd do him.  :|

Anyway, this is simple. The abundance of pokemon in all caves. And repel doesn't even work. :|

And how it seems I can get a pokemon to 1 hp, paralyzed, asleep, super low attack and defence, and yet I STILL can't catch it after throwing 15 ultra balls. Particularly Articuno who I haven't been able to catch in fire red for over a month now. :|
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Tomboh

Quote from: Sam on October 25, 2008, 06:50:04 PM
Anyway, this is simple. The abundance of pokemon in all caves. And repel doesn't even work. :|
since when befuddlement

Hiro

YPrrrr

Hi Jump Kick amuses me... It always seems to miss me, and then they crash and hurt themselves in the process powerofone;

Things that annoy me:
Buying a Porygon
Friendship Evolution
Hyper Fang having pretty much a 100% critical hit ratio against me

The jump in level between the last gym leader and the Elite Four... I don't have the patience anymore. Only reason I beat them in firered was because my Poliwrath was pretty much unstoppable. Hypnosis + Belly Drum + Focus Punch + any potions he needs to recover from Belly Drum. He was level 54 and was one-hitting level 70 pokemon

Go Up