September 27, 2024, 04:16:17 PM

1,531,323 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Boyah has changed too much.

Started by Samus Aran, October 20, 2008, 12:19:59 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

I realize that change is inevitable, but that knowledge doesn't make it feel any better. We've lost so many familiar users over the progression of Powerspike and Boyah that it feels like we've got too many strangers here. No, I'm not just talking about Lawlz.

And what's more, it feels like there's so little to do around here these days. Activity is dominated so strongly by the chat thread that there's very rarely any decent threads to post in (at least not in The Lobby). The Wiki is totally dead, so there's no enjoyment out of updating that anymore. There is no longer any enjoyment out of the silly little antics of administrators...things like the old flash party and the night-long struggle to find the perfect song to embed onto Boyah. Simply put, nothing fun ever happens here anymore.

Hell, there's hardly even any reason to moderate anymore. It's become pretty clear that if I just quit, others pick up the slack pretty quickly. No, I'm not just dropping my mod position, but it may be something I do if I get bored enough to mostly leave this place.

So, for those of you who have been here long enough to know about the fun, close-knit Boyah family we used to have, do you feel the way I do? What do you hate about the current Boyah, and what should we do to improve it? Or am I just spewing nonsense?

Pyrate

Kaz is wise beyond his years. I wasn't here during the Golden Age of Boyah, but I do remember the mods doing silly, fun things a lot, and I miss that.

Wrench

I miss all the fun stuff too. There is normally at least 1 member I'll see each day and have no clue who the fuck they are. I miss being part of the raids at Nsider and GCF's forum. Those were hilarious. Everyone here, myself included, has just grown up more.

Daddy

It's why I wanted to move the chat threads to being created in the chat thread archive so they don't count as posts or luts.

Beta

I am the new generation of Boyah users.

Embrace my comfort.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Khadafi on October 20, 2008, 12:34:38 PM
It's why I wanted to move the chat threads to being created in the chat thread archive so they don't count as posts or luts.

Removing the ability of the chat threads to generate posts and luts wouldn't really change the fact that people would still post in them more than anything else. People don't care about their post counts and especially not their luts that much.

Quote from: TRANSIST SECT on October 20, 2008, 12:36:05 PM

Embrace my comfort.

You're a terrible user and you should be ashamed.

Wrench

Quote from: TRANSIST SECT on October 20, 2008, 12:36:05 PM

Embrace my comfort.

brb leaving boyah

Daddy

I tried to embed songs and people are like LOL IM LEAVING UNTIL SONG IS GONE

Beta

Quote from: Khadafi on October 20, 2008, 12:42:10 PM

Embed some disco.

Daddy

Beta

Quote from: Khadafi on October 20, 2008, 12:43:11 PM
Shut up; you're the worst user ever.

Should I get some sort of reward?

Wrench

We need more exciting stuff even if they are jokes. Like Reaper being Hime and revealing the new Powerspike name. Or even the Balto drawing.

I apologize in advance for my grammar there.

Wrench

Samus Aran

Yeah, people have no tolerance for a little silliness anymore.

Kalahari Inkantation

I understand exactly what you mean. We never do anything silly anymore and we're less of a family than we were last year. :'(

Go Up