October 05, 2024, 09:21:13 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Resident Evil 5 Gameplay

Started by Hiro, August 05, 2008, 03:40:50 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

August 05, 2008, 03:40:50 PM Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 03:53:16 PM by Hiro
http://kotaku.com/5033318/resident-evil-5-ps3-gameplay

Looks pretty slick, although really similar to RE4.
The setting is really similar.
But this one has a tad more un-realistic things, (ie those bat creatures) and the whole thing being in real-time adds a lot of extra intensity to it all, giving it a much more action-y feel than RE4

But the sounds effects and whatnot are top-notch.

I like how the cut-scenes are intergrated into the gameplay (a la Half-Life)

Oh and that knife on his back looks badass.
I bet the whole co-op with that african girl (Sheva) helps a lot too, I'd much rather have her than god-damned Ashley. But how the hell do they do that acrobatic jumping shit? psyduck;

The map looks to be much larger too.

Discuss.

ME##

It does look like it plays rather similar to Resident Evil 4, but I don't think that's a bad thing as long as it doesn't feel as slow as Resident Evil 4 did, but it looks to be faster.  And is it just me or is square used to do a lot of stuff?  befuddlement

strongbad

Didn't we get to see gameplay at e3?

Hiro

Quote from: Davie on August 05, 2008, 04:39:02 PM
Yes, but this is new PS3 gameplay.
And there was no thread about, so yeah.

ME##

Quote from: Davie on August 05, 2008, 04:39:02 PM

Yes, and there was an interview with Takeuchi in Famitsu Wave DVD in March that showed gameplay if I recall.

UnagiPower

the automatic weapon this time around doens't look like it sucks ass

Geno

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

strongbad

Quote from: UnagiPower on August 05, 2008, 04:47:08 PM
the automatic weapon this time around doens't look like it sucks ass

I didn't mind the auto weapon in RE4. I only used it when there were like 5 or more people coming at me at once, and with the attack fully upgraded, I could mow through them easily.

Nate

strongbad

Linkjge

Quote from: Nathan on August 05, 2008, 10:15:30 PM
Wow, Resident Evil 4.2.

Wow a sequel to a enjoyable game, lets bitch about little but obvious difference to the original

Linkjge

Quote from: Nathan on August 06, 2008, 06:44:02 PM
It's the same game. It has the same animations, weapons (basically), a dumb bitch who does nothing but piss you off. etc

Just because RE4 was successful doesn't mean that they should just rehash the game to fucking hell.

Different setting, different characters, different story

jesus christ you're stupid

If the first one was good lets make it again but this time change the game so that it's not the same thing, but good enough to warrant a new experience

it's one fucking game that they're taking years to create, how the fuck is that rehashing?

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Nathan on August 06, 2008, 06:48:00 PM
Also, I don't care if the setting and graphics are better. All they did was take the RE4 engine and make a few differences.
that's what sequels are

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

UnagiPower

Quote from: Nathan on August 06, 2008, 06:48:00 PM
Because they've made way too much Resident Evil and are rehashing everything so they can get some cash in their pockets.

Also, I don't care if the setting and graphics are better. All they did was take the RE4 engine and make a few differences.

what is Final Fantasy

also isn't that what series are

besides it's not like the first RE was like RE4

Go Up