if you could squeeze any console into a handheld what'd you choose

Started by ncba93ivyase, July 30, 2008, 01:10:14 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

I would say SNES, but those games could just be put on the GBA with relative ease anyway, so I'll go with Gamecube.

And since when was the Genesis your favorite overall? For ages now you've been saying the SNES was your favorite. Honestly I can't see how anyone would prefer the Genesis over the SNES considering the awful sound quality and just the general shortage of great games in comparison to the SNES. Not that it's a bad console at all, because it really is great, but the SNES still trounces it.

Houdini

Quote from: Kazmuffin on July 30, 2008, 08:29:47 PM
I would say SNES, but those games could just be put on the GBA with relative ease anyway, so I'll go with Gamecube.
I'm pretty sure they make SNES emulators for PSP, so yeah. Also, the GBA lacks the X and Y buttons.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Picasso on July 30, 2008, 09:04:04 PM
I'm pretty sure they make SNES emulators for PSP, so yeah. Also, the GBA lacks the X and Y buttons.

Hasn't stopped them from porting like 50 SNES games to the GBA already. They've managed to work around that little issue one way or another.

Hiro

Quote from: Kazmuffin on July 30, 2008, 09:06:02 PM
Hasn't stopped them from porting like 50 SNES games to the GBA already. They've managed to work around that little issue one way or another.
but how...  befuddlement

Samus Aran

Quote from: Hiro on July 30, 2008, 09:07:05 PM
but how...  befuddlement

I don't really remember. For FFVI, the Y button did nothing anyway and they just changed the X button's only option (bringing up the main menu/pause screen) to Start.

Plus, for most SNES games, the L and R buttons weren't used much, so they could change Y and X button functions to L and R on the GBA. It all works out somehow.

ncba93ivyase

And the GBA has a resolution of 240x160 whereas the Super Nintendo is like 256x224

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Houdini

Quote from: Lawlz on July 30, 2008, 11:12:45 PM
And the GBA has a resolution of 240x160 whereas the Super Nintendo is like 256x224
I'm sure people could work around that.

The artist formally known

Most X and Y buttons weren't used, or if they were, R and L weren't so they could replace those buttons.

See Link to the Past.

Also PSP and DS both emulate SNES, not very well though

C.Mongler

Quote from: reefer on July 31, 2008, 12:50:07 AM
Most X and Y buttons weren't used, or if they were, R and L weren't so they could replace those buttons.

See Link to the Past.

PSP is a fucking beast at emulating the SNES. The only games it can't play are pretty much Super Mario RPG and Starfox.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Picasso on July 31, 2008, 12:36:02 AM
I'm sure people could work around that.
That's cutting out a lot and it really doesn't work well for a lot of games.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

ME##

I'd probably pick the PlayStation 2 or SNES, but as it's been pointed out before the PSP could easily be considered them with emulators and ports of PlayStation 2 games.  befuddlement

UnagiPower

ncba93ivyase

holy shit, i completely forgot the nomad existed when i posted this thread

strongbad

Quote from: reefer on July 31, 2008, 12:50:07 AM

The psp is pretty good at emulating the snes, but the ds sucks dick. The only game that I can get emulate near to perfect is super mario all stars/super mario world, which I have already played to death on other consoles.

Nyerp

Go Up