ITT games you used to love before you realized how shitty they were

Started by strongbad, July 23, 2008, 11:55:15 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

This is a hard topic to explain... What I mean is games that you used to love before you discovered the internet and that there were better games out there.
um er
yeah that

I used to play a shit load of BattleFeild 2: Modern Combat online on my ps2. I had a 1st gen ps2, and I got that online attachment for like $60. I have over 400 hours of play time on that game, but whenever I go back to it, it feels like complete shit compared to games like team fortress 2 and halo.
What really pisses me off about that game now is that whenever you get in a 1 on 1 fight with somebody, the other person always presses crouch twice so they're crawling on the ground, and it makes them a whole lot harder to hit. Whenever I do it too, it just makes it impossible for either of us to land a shot on eachother... That's why I was usually a sniper.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

C.Mongler

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Classic

The Legend of Zelda series (except Windwaker and Majora's Mask. I love those), Super Smash Bros series, any Yoshi game (except Yoshi's Island. That's a good one) and a few others I can't remember now.

The spy who loves you

Quote from: C. Mongler on July 23, 2008, 12:29:28 PM
Sonic (all of them), Goldeneye,
GTFO

Also, Bomberman the second attack, though I still enjoy it.

UnagiPower

most of the games I like aren't too bad, though some of them aren't too great they're still pretty memorable to me

C.Mongler

Quote from: Banjo on July 23, 2008, 03:32:05 PM
GTFO

Also, Bomberman the second attack, though I still enjoy it.

Goldeneye is fucking awful now. Its only good because you enjoyed it because there was nothing better at the time.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: C. Mongler on July 23, 2008, 03:47:56 PM
Goldeneye is fucking awful now. Its only good because you enjoyed it because there was nothing better at the time.
unless you had a pc[spoiler]I didn't :'([/spoiler]

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

C.Mongler

Quote from: Lawlz on July 23, 2008, 03:49:16 PM
unless you had a pc[spoiler]I didn't :'([/spoiler]

hi i'm half life 1 but we have this arguement all the time so watever

NewarkWilder

Dino City
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
Columns
Jet Grind Radio
Prince of Persia
MLB '99
Quake II on the N64
Swords and Serpents
Mighty Bomb Jack
Rudra no Hihou

Shit like that.

Quote from: Lawlz on July 23, 2008, 12:13:16 PM
I've always liked good games.

Of course not. You're the gaming god.

Quote from: They Call Me Classic on July 23, 2008, 01:40:49 PM
The Legend of Zelda series (except Windwaker and Majora's Mask. I love those), Super Smash Bros series, any Yoshi game (except Yoshi's Island. That's a good one) and a few others I can't remember now.

Wow! 99.9% of games are terrible if you consider those bad.

Quote from: C. Mongler on July 23, 2008, 04:08:14 PM
hi i'm half life 1 but we have this arguement all the time so watever

Half-Life was released a good year or so after Goldeneye for the 64.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: NewarkWilder on July 23, 2008, 06:51:57 PM
Dino City
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
Columns
Jet Grind Radio
Prince of Persia
MLB '99
Quake II on the N64
Swords and Serpents
Mighty Bomb Jack
Rudra no Hihou

Shit like that.

Of course not. You're the gaming god.

Wow! 99.9% of games are terrible if you consider those bad.

jet grind radio isn't too bad but it's not too good. maybe like c+ or so

And when I had a heap of great games with my Geneis, like Sonic, Toejam and Earl, Ecco, etc when I was just a wee little kid. When I got my Super Nintendo, the first games I played were Super Mario World, Earthbound, and Super Mario RPG.

i started with the greats and never actually played a bad game

But I suppose the one game I liked as a kid and today does nothing but piss me off is Dynamite Headdy, and it's only because the difficulty level is disgusting.

NewarkWilder

Quote from: Lawlz on July 23, 2008, 07:12:24 PM
jet grind radio isn't too bad but it's not too good. maybe like c+ or so

And when I had a heap of great games with my Geneis, like Sonic, Toejam and Earl, Ecco, etc when I was just a wee little kid. When I got my Super Nintendo, the first games I played were Super Mario World, Earthbound, and Super Mario RPG.

i started with the greats and never actually played a bad game

But I suppose the one game I liked as a kid and today does nothing but piss me off is Dynamite Headdy, and it's only because the difficulty level is disgusting.

I thought Jet Grind Radio was the best thing since a toaster oven when it was released.
Thanks to the DC having shitty firmware (aka the greatest firmware flaw ever), I played a burned copy on my DC a couple months back and it was absolutely awful. I've never played Jet Set Radio Future (or whatever it's called) but I can only hope it's better than Jet Grind.

I'm not calling you out or anything, I'm just saying that it's all subjective.

C.Mongler

Quote from: NewarkWilder on July 23, 2008, 06:51:57 PM

I know that, it was the game that made me realize how shitty Goldeneye is.

Go Up