October 05, 2024, 11:23:21 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

nintendo fucking fails at life

Started by mariofreak, July 15, 2008, 10:15:06 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

NewarkWilder

July 22, 2008, 07:20:09 AM #105 Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 10:03:59 AM by NewarkWilder
Quote from: Lawlz on July 21, 2008, 11:44:28 PM
super nintendo vs genesis i can understand because those are both great consoles

saturn vs genesis is you're a shmup fan like me also makes sense

but unless you're a weeaboo faggot that only plays jrpgs, there's no reason to even compare the ps1 to the super nintendo because the ps1 is utter shit

Metal Gear Solid?
Point Blank?
Soul Edge?
Resident Evil? (much better than the botched Saturn attempt)
Castlevania: SOTN?
Tekken?
Crash Bandicoot?
Alundra?
Mega Man 8?
Gran Turismo?
Ace Combat?
Armored Core?
Hot Shots Golf?
etcetcetcblahblahblahblah

JRPGs are the only thing the ps1 offered... damn.
I'd say the Super Nintendo had as much if not more RPGs than the PS1 did.

UnagiPower

Quote from: NewarkWilder on July 22, 2008, 07:20:09 AM
Point Blank?
Soul Edge?
Tekken?
Crash Bandicoot?
Alundra?
Gran Turismo?
Ace Combat?
Armored Core?
Hot Shots Golf?

lol reallly fun games right

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: NewarkWilder on July 22, 2008, 07:20:09 AM
Metal Gear Solid?
Point Blank?
Soul Edge?
Resident Evil? (much better than the botched Saturn attempt)
Castlevania: SOTN?
Tekken?
Crash Bandicoot?
Alundra?
Mega Man 8?
Gran Turismo?
Ace Combat?
Armored Core?
Hot Shots Golf?
etcetcetcblahblahblahblah

JRPGs are the only thing the ps1 offered... damn.
I'd say the Super Nintendo had as much if not more RPGs than the PS1 did.
Fighting, sport, and racing games are the bane of this earth.

2D games are always better on the Saturn, so the best version of Megaman 8 was of course on the Saturn and SotN was also on the Saturn and I believe the only problem with that version was fog looked a little funny.

I utterly despise mech games and and especially 3D flying (I'm honestly amazed I like Panzer Dragoon, but the controls are flawless and the whole setting feels good).

i've tried many times to like resident evil and even begged for 4 a few christmases ago and got it, but i just can't like any of them at all

and of course you had to put an rpg there, and the saturn got quite a few of those but i've never been fond of most rpgs

I guess that leaves you with Crash, maybe, but the only good games on the N64 (Banjo Kazooie series) beat all other platformers of the era in all aspects.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

NOA_Haunted

Lawlz im going to break into your house with a hammer and smash all your Sega shit.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Vegeta  link=topic=31264.msg545772#msg545772 date=1216750566
Lawlz im going to break into your house with a hammer and smash all your Sega shit.
jealous?

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

The spy who loves you

NOA_Haunted

Quote from: Banjo on July 22, 2008, 11:36:04 AM
Sega is awesome stfu haunted
Did I say it wasn't? But Lawlz just needs to stfu about it all the damn time.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Vegeta  link=topic=31264.msg545862#msg545862 date=1216756599
Did I say it wasn't? But Lawlz just needs to stfu about it all the damn time.
i only bring up the saturn when we're talking about great shmups, the ps1, or n64

The artist formally known

Playstation had Metal Gear Solid and Silent Hill. Thats all I have to say.

NewarkWilder

July 22, 2008, 04:12:53 PM #114 Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 04:26:18 PM by NewarkWilder
Quote from: Lawlz on July 22, 2008, 10:18:16 AM
Fighting, sport, and racing games are the bane of this earth.

2D games are always better on the Saturn, so the best version of Megaman 8 was of course on the Saturn and SotN was also on the Saturn and I believe the only problem with that version was fog looked a little funny.

I utterly despise mech games and and especially 3D flying (I'm honestly amazed I like Panzer Dragoon, but the controls are flawless and the whole setting feels good).

i've tried many times to like resident evil and even begged for 4 a few christmases ago and got it, but i just can't like any of them at all

and of course you had to put an rpg there, and the saturn got quite a few of those but i've never been fond of most rpgs

I guess that leaves you with Crash, maybe, but the only good games on the N64 (Banjo Kazooie series) beat all other platformers of the era in all aspects.

Mega Man 8 is terrible on the Saturn. The music is trash, the graphics feel like they belong on a 10.5 bit console, and it's lacking most everything on the PS1 anniversary edition.

That brings another point... every single game released on both consoles (very few since the Saturn was a complete failure) was released in its definitive form on the Playstation.

Have you ever played Alundra? It's not an RPG. If anything it's a Zelda/Terranigma clone.

You can't honestly say that the controls in Dragoon Zwei were good (hell it was like time crisis with dragons). It doesn't help that the art style and graphics are an utter atrocity.

SOTN is on Saturn... you can play it if you can read Japanese/want to look at the hilarious graphical hit it takes.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: NewarkWilder on July 22, 2008, 04:12:53 PM

Mega Man 8 is terrible on the Saturn. The music is trash, the graphics feel like they belong on a 10.5 bit console, and it's lacking most everything on the PS1 anniversary edition.

I stopped reading there because I lol'd too much.

The PS1 edition is lacking everything the Saturn version has, and everyone knows the Saturn performed much better with any and all 2D games. 3D often looked like slop on the Saturn (not much better on the PS1 either), but 2D games were always best played on the Saturn.

Also, if you played Saturn games on an emulator, that shit doesn't count; the Saturn hasn't ever even been properly emulated yet.

NewarkWilder

Quote from: Lawlz on July 22, 2008, 04:28:13 PM
I stopped reading there because I lol'd too much.

The PS1 edition is lacking everything the Saturn version has, and everyone knows the Saturn performed much better with any and all 2D games. 3D often looked like slop on the Saturn (not much better on the PS1 either), but 2D games were always best played on the Saturn.

Also, if you played Saturn games on an emulator, that shit doesn't count; the Saturn hasn't ever even been properly emulated yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONJ8ix_BMi0
Saturn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA75moAAocs
PSX

Nobody cares about the extra MM2 stages on the saturn version.
You wanna compare cutscenes too? They were horrible on the Saturn.

ncba93ivyase

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega_Man_8#Ports

The only thing that makes the Saturn version "inferior" to the PS1 version is cutscene video quality is slightly worse. Aside from that, the Saturn is better in every single way and you'd have to be a complete dumbass to argue that fact.
Quote from: NewarkWilder on July 22, 2008, 04:35:39 PM
Saturn

PSX

Nobody cares about the extra MM1 stages on the saturn version.
Okay, so what exactly are terrible quality youtube videos supposed to prove? psyduck;

wait so bonus content, WHEN ON A SUPERIOR VERSION OF A GAME RELEASED ON THE SEGA SATURN, is to be ignored, but if there's just one extra song on a ps1 game, it's godly psyduck;

You're retarded. Seriously.

NewarkWilder

July 22, 2008, 04:39:42 PM #118 Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 04:43:00 PM by NewarkWilder
Quote from: Lawlz on July 22, 2008, 04:38:25 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega_Man_8#Ports

The only thing that makes the Saturn version "inferior" to the PS1 version is cutscene video quality is slightly worse. Aside from that, the Saturn is better in every single way and you'd have to be a complete dumbass to argue that fact.Okay, so what exactly are terrible quality youtube videos supposed to prove? psyduck;

wait so bonus content, WHEN ON A SUPERIOR VERSION OF A GAME RELEASED ON THE SEGA SATURN, is to be ignored, but if there's just one extra song on a ps1 game, it's godly psyduck;

You're retarded. Seriously.

Then play both side by side, it's incredibly easy to see the graphical improvement on the PS1. The sprites for one are about 209% larger and more detailed-- but that's gay! Sega does everything better.

Are you trying to say the Saturn (which might have had a GPU inferior to the Atari 2600) looked better?

You're the most blindly biased fanboy I've ever encountered.

UnagiPower

Quote from: NewarkWilder on July 22, 2008, 04:35:39 PM
Saturn

PSX

Nobody cares about the extra MM2 stages on the saturn version.
You wanna compare cutscenes too? They were horrible on the Saturn.

you're hurting your own argument with those videos...

The PS1 video looks far less smoother than the saturn version. It could just be the actual videos themselves but they aren't helping.

Go Up