October 05, 2024, 11:33:33 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Roms, emulators, torrenting, etc.

Started by KonohaShinobi, July 12, 2008, 09:20:33 AM

previous topic - next topic

Have you ever played a game illegally, without purchasing it?

yes
12 (48%)
no
4 (16%)
once or twice
3 (12%)
All the time, I'm poor
3 (12%)
yes, but then I buy the game if it's good
3 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: C. Mongler on July 12, 2008, 07:03:48 PM
but they've stopped production and thus they still make 0 dollars and 0 cents if i buy some 500 dollar copy of Chrono Nigger on eBay.
and there wouldn't be a chrono nigger remake if no one gave a shit about it and it was just in some 12 year old weeaboos rom collection

instead, square sees other niggers are out there getting rich off their game and they're going to shit it back out again and get even more money

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

C.Mongler

Quote from: Lawlz on July 12, 2008, 07:14:30 PM
and there wouldn't be a chrono nigger remake if no one gave a shit about it and it was just in some 12 year old weeaboos rom collection

instead, square sees other niggers are out there getting rich off their game and they're going to shit it back out again and get even more money

okay some im stopping niggas from being greedy then, ok then im a fucking solja of jesus

NewarkWilder

If they're old Super Nintendo games for under $5... maybe I'll buy it.

But when you slowly realize that you'll never find a copy of E.V.O. under $40 it becomes necessary to emulate. (insert the name of any other Square/Enix/Weeaboo RPG in the place of E.V.O.)

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: NewarkWilder on July 13, 2008, 03:57:44 PM
If they're old Super Nintendo games for under $5... maybe I'll buy it.

But when you slowly realize that you'll never find a copy of E.V.O. under $40 it becomes necessary to emulate. (insert the name of any other Square/Enix/Weeaboo RPG in the place of E.V.O.)
I'll gladly pay $40 for an old game so long as it's good and comes with everything. I prefer old games over new games, so I think paying $40 for a Saturn game is a much better deal that $40-60 for a modern game.

hell, i payed $35+5 shipping on Dodonpachi a few weeks back and loved every second of it. i could've easily played it on mame for free, but it just doesn't feel the same

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Lawlz on July 13, 2008, 05:11:51 PM
it just doesn't feel the same

This is another thing, when you use a keyboard to play super mario or something, it just does not have the same magic as it does when you pick up an NES or SNES controller and play it.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Prince Lelouch on July 13, 2008, 05:22:40 PM
This is another thing, when you use a keyboard to play super mario or something, it just does not have the same magic as it does when you pick up an NES or SNES controller and play it.
Even if you would play it on the same controller, it's still not the same as actually popping in the game, booting up the system, playing on a TV, etc.

Opening up an app and selecting a file is just no fun and doesn't give you any lasting memories.

C.Mongler

Quote from: Lawlz on July 13, 2008, 05:24:35 PM
Even if you would play it on the same controller, it's still not the same as actually popping in the game, booting up the system, playing on a TV, etc.

Opening up an app and selecting a file is just no fun and doesn't give you any lasting memories.

yes it does lol

bluaki

I very often download roms of games I already own for various reasons.
When I'm not sure if I'll like a game, I download the rom to play it for a bit before buying (though only for DS games). If it totally sucks I delete and never care about the game again and if it's good I buy it next time I have the chance.
I sometimes download games that are otherwise unobtainable as far as I know (not counting eBay since my family is paranoid about it). The only game I've downloaded so far for that was Super Mario RPG.
I also sometimes download games I know for sure I am going to buy but will not have the chance to do so in a while since I'm a little impatient. It's worth playing through a lot of the game twice in my opinion.

NewarkWilder

July 13, 2008, 11:44:22 PM #23 Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 11:51:22 PM by NewarkWilder
Quote from: Lawlz on July 13, 2008, 05:24:35 PM

Then hook your computer up to a TV (select an NTSC filter on the emulator if it's available), grab the controller, and use a rom loader. Hell, emulators usually present the game with improved graphics and allow you to play translated RPGs like Live a Live and Dragon Warrior.

There's no downside to it.

P.S.  Not everyone likes blowing $40 on something that is easily attainable for free when gas is $4 a gallon and money doesn't come easy.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: NewarkWilder on July 13, 2008, 11:44:22 PM
Then hook your computer up to a TV (select an NTSC filter on the emulator if it's available), grab the controller, and use a rom loader. Hell, emulators usually present the game with improved graphics and allow you to play translated RPGs like Live a Live and Dragon Warrior.

There's no downside to it.

P.S.  Not everyone likes blowing $40 on something that is easily attainable for free when gas is $4 a gallon and money doesn't come easy.
Except I'm still just booting up a file, my actual collection isn't growing, and it's just not fun.

and some games are just better played in japanese; eg. megaman zero series

Also, gas in the US is dirt cheap compared to what most Europeans have been paying for years.

NewarkWilder

Quote from: Lawlz on July 14, 2008, 06:24:56 AM
Except I'm still just booting up a file, my actual collection isn't growing, and it's just not fun.

and some games are just better played in japanese; eg. megaman zero series

Also, gas in the US is dirt cheap compared to what most Europeans have been paying for years.

I suppose that's the difference between you and I. I don't require an ultra rare korean white cart of Chrono Trigger to impress anybody.

That's because public transportation is far more comprehensive.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: NewarkWilder on July 14, 2008, 09:19:29 PM
I suppose that's the difference between you and I. I don't require an ultra rare korean white cart of Chrono Trigger to impress anybody.

That's because public transportation is far more comprehensive.
Chrono Trigger sucks

Hiro

C.Mongler

NewarkWilder

Quote from: Lawlz on July 14, 2008, 10:32:37 PM
Chrono Trigger sucks

It's irrelevant either way. Insert some big shiny rare (and ridiculously overpriced) Saturn game in the place of it then... like Panzer Dragoon Saga.

Thanks to emulation, Mother 3 is being translated.

Go Up