October 05, 2024, 11:28:47 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Roms, emulators, torrenting, etc.

Started by KonohaShinobi, July 12, 2008, 09:20:33 AM

previous topic - next topic

Have you ever played a game illegally, without purchasing it?

yes
12 (48%)
no
4 (16%)
once or twice
3 (12%)
All the time, I'm poor
3 (12%)
yes, but then I buy the game if it's good
3 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Go Down

KonohaShinobi

I usually do not play a game unless I can afford it, that is until a while ago when I was looking in an issue of Nintendo Power and they mentioned Super Punch Out. I could not find it after searching compulsively until I ran across a rom of it. I downloaded ZNES and the rom. The first and only time I've done it.

Nate

For actual SNES and stuff like that, I have rom sets.

But for PC games, I usually buy or I don't get it.

mario583

For stuff I don't own and games I do own but broke the system for.

Samus Aran

Yes. I don't usually approve of doing so too much, but it was the only way for me to experience Earthbound at the time.

Nyerp

Did it for Earthbound once, waste of time.

NOA_Haunted

Feynman

When I first discovered them, yes I did. And that lasted a week.

Kalahari Inkantation

I've done it only once to experience Star Fox 2. It was either download it or never play it since it was cancelled.

UnagiPower

I do it for seemingly shit games but if they are actually fun I buy them.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Bassir on July 12, 2008, 01:36:43 PM
When I first discovered them, yes I did. And that lasted a week.
i'll admit, this is what i did :'(

But then I became a respectable young lad and started becoming a true collector and supporting my fellow gamers and developers.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

[hedy]Zidone

I haven't done so in a long time, but I'm hunting down most of my favorite games from my ZNES collection and getting them on Virtual Console.

FullmetalGanon

no
all that emulater stuff confuses me and it seems like too much to download
also i dont have much free harddrive space to spare

C.Mongler

All the time.

As for ROMS of SNES and previous games I don't give a shit because the developer isnt making a dime whether or not I pirate or buy it of some asshole on eBay.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: C. Mongler on July 12, 2008, 05:55:49 PM
All the time.

As for ROMS of SNES and previous games I don't give a shit because the developer isnt making a dime whether or not I pirate or buy it of some asshole on eBay.
it actually matters quite a bit

when a developer sees the price of an old, abandoned product suddenly skyrocket on ebay, they think it may perform well with another launch and thus we get remakes and sequels of what was once thought to be a failed experiment

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

C.Mongler

Quote from: Lawlz on July 12, 2008, 05:59:27 PM
it actually matters quite a bit

when a developer sees the price of an old, abandoned product suddenly skyrocket on ebay, they think it may perform well with another launch and thus we get remakes and sequels of what was once thought to be a failed experiment

but they've stopped production and thus they still make 0 dollars and 0 cents if i buy some 500 dollar copy of Chrono Nigger on eBay.

Go Up