May 06, 2024, 07:25:14 PM

1,531,623 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Village of the Boyagers

Started by Ringo, June 16, 2008, 11:32:22 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Ringo

Quote from: Hiro! on June 27, 2008, 11:55:05 PM
But what does it have to do with anything?
Hiro, do you really want me to tell you everything that each individual chapter has to do with further adjoining chapters?

Hiro

Nope, i look forward to seeing where you go with this.

Socks

June 28, 2008, 03:27:16 AM #122 Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 03:38:19 AM by Socks
I for one always enjoy my depiction. Wondering around the castle humming a tune? Nice.

Ringo

June 29, 2008, 12:50:27 AM #123 Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 12:57:48 AM by Ringo
The boyagers left the dead kingdom with full stomachs and renewed strength, anxious to seek the aid of their allies in the north. Amongst them a new figure walked, Ringo, whose stealth and guile had aided him in his dealings, business or otherwise. The path they trod offered much shade, but little protection. The bandit port of Outsider was located somewhere in the deep northeastern forrests. It was said anyone able to locate the forum had already passed half the test to admission, the other half simply depended on the mood of the gatekeeper. But hot on their tail Meta-knight and his elite stealth reconnaissance team, "The Hell Riders", scoured the east country in search of the party. Their orders were clear, observe the boyagers and determine their objective.

Meta inhaled sharply, following the tracks with zealous fervor through the distant view of his binoculars. The traders he'd bartered with had told him the boyagers had stopped  to purchase some armament, his description entailed a roughly six person party comprised of several heading north towards the woodlands. Going through the inventory Meta scrolled through the purchase records, three throwing blades, four sets of clothing, a single shot flintlock and nine steel bolts. Meta saw no point in apprehending the man considering he doubted he knew anything about the identities of his treacherous clients. Had he, Meta was sure he would have attempted to turn the fugitives in on sight. Paying the trader for his services he had rode on with his squad until they came upon several sets of tracks originating from the husk that had been Nsider. The riders briefly contemplating investigating the dead land before dismissing the idea in favor of following the trail left. Meta didn't blame them, something unnatural emenated from that place, like walking through the eye of a tornado or ambling in the midst of the calm before the storm. When he first saw the trail pick up his heart skipped a beat, his quarry were in range. He'd ceased being Meta for a time being and honed his senses to that of a predatory animal. That had been three hours ago, when the sun was still high in the sky, the work now was meticulous and tedious. They had to be careful not to reveal their presence this early in the hunt, letting the falling night conceal their advance like ghosts in the darkness. Meta's heart raced with every fresh set of tracks found, as the hours passed he began seeing a pattern emerging. Slowed his cycle he turned to the rider on his right
"See those tracks?" he whispered as he passed the binoculars. "Notice anything strange about them?" The rider peered through the infrared before looking back through emotionless tinted goggles.
"They're heading into the forrest. The IF camps are to the east."
"Meaning?"
"They're going North, towards the bandits." the rider handed the miniature binoculars back. Bingo. Sharp kid, he'd trained them well. The boyager weren't going after the nomads, they were going straight for Outsider itself. Unless he was mistaken the path they'd been taking would lead them right into the forrests, where his men would be waiting. Che Carello wouldn't wish to be bothered by these intermeddlers, better to take them off his hands before they became a nuisance. Signalling his riders with a corralling hand gesture Meta dispatched two teams to the forrest outskirts, he would lead the main party in on his own. He wanted to make sure the leader survived. He had no intention of having his hunt spoiled, such elusive prey would be eliminated by his hand and his alone. When his men had cut down the last of the Boyagers he would make sure to come up with something particularly creative for their vaunted navigator, as an object lesson to anyone else contemplating resisting EJ.  As the cyclists sped on parallel courses Meta unsheathed his katana, admiring its oily sheen through the reddening dusk. What had he become? These were nothing more than a few unwitting participants in a far larger game. Casting the thought from his head he sheathed the blade and revved his engine, raising the covered weapon high above his head. His heart pumped with the thrill of the upcoming hunt, feeding off of the adrenaline coursing through his veins he shouted over the engines deafening roar.
"Riders!" he turned towards the attentive trackers in his midst, savoring the bloodlust as it piqued in him "Save their leader. Kill the rest!"

Hiro

Am i the leader? I'm the navigator, no? Damn, we be killin us some Boyagers. This chapter was much much better. Good job. The anticipation is killing me!

Ringo

Quote from: Hiro! on June 29, 2008, 12:58:24 AM
Am i the leader? I'm the navigator, no? Damn, we be killin us some Boyagers. This chapter was much much better. Good job. The anticipation is killing me!
Yep.

"Hiro, Wise and quiet he stood amongst them with compass and map in hand as a guide."

Hiro

Shit son, this is gonna be epic as hell. Don't die on me guys! ;-; Damn I'm excited.

Hiro

Ringo

Hiro

Don't spoil it for me! >.<  if i don't die, i hope i find love or do somethin awesome. If i do die, i still hope something massively awesome comes from it.

Himu

Hiro

Wasn't it though? I wonder if Hime will ever be in it. Maybe... Well, can I expect another chapter tonight?

Ringo

Quote from: Hiro! on June 29, 2008, 01:13:34 AM
Wasn't it though? I wonder if Hime will ever be in it. Maybe... Well, can I expect another chapter tonight?
Yes.

Hiro

Hiro

Go Up