May 06, 2024, 09:55:09 AM

1,531,622 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Village of the Boyagers

Started by Ringo, June 16, 2008, 11:32:22 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

FAMY2

Nyerp

the innocent girl falls for the manipulative bad boy^^

Socks

How dare Clair take my innocence.  :'(

Nyerp

FAMY2

Quote from: Socks on June 25, 2008, 08:32:29 PM
How dare Clair take my innocence.  :'(

LMAO. Good one.  caterpie;

Ringo

Thief watched the rising sun and let out a sigh of relief. His shift on the wall was over and they had survived the night, tonight. Thief knew EJ wasn't likely to simply forget they were there. It had been six days since the expedition trekked out into the desert on foot. Since then two had died of starvation, Thief noted the grieving Nyerp staggering out of his tent, tear reddened eyes fixed towards the sky he fell to his knees before sobbing uncontrollably. Make that three. Three had died of starvation and several more lay near dead with pneumonia. Ignoring Nyerp's plea's for help, several Boyagers began to divide his late friends corpse into pieces. Bone cracked and muscle tendon tore as the few Boyagers sank their teeth into the body with savage alacricity. Within minutes all that was left were the emptied bones and few organs, Nyerp hysterically trying to gather what remained of his friend before others could come. Thief shook his head and grimaced, this is what they'd become. Take basic neccessities from a man and soon you'll strip him of his humanity. His shift was over, he would sleep the day away and awake yet again to face the unyielding hunger that would no doubt follow. Sensing a shallow breathing Thief turned to meet the hungry stare of Kono,  the man hadn't eaten in days and it became quite clear what was on his mind.
"Kono, I don't mean to frighten you but I'm seriously considering killing you here and now so help me if you don't find something else to look at." he snapped. He felt a guilty for his brisque demeanor, but then again starvation did that to a guy.
Kono's eyes quickly averted towards the rising sun
"We gonna make it Thief? I don't wanna to die, not now."
"We all have to die sometime. We're just lucky if we get to choose when and were."
"Why does Raven want to get rid of us so badly?" he whispered "Why does he hate us so much?"
"Raven doesn't think like you and me, Kono. He doesn't see us as people, he sees us as objects, obstacles to his goal. Obstacles to be removed."
"Obstacles to what goal?"
Thief paused. He had no answer. And as if in resounding response, shouts erupted from the camp followed by an explosive shaking. Cutless, Oggmonster and Ethereal scrambled back, attempting to escape the black liquid pooling outward from the bubbling fount. Thief dropped from the ladder and rushed towards the site, knocking over Buffy. Ogg stumbled forward, covered head to toe in the black ooze as half-ambled from the site. Thief grabbed the disorientated boyager by the collar, trying to overcome over the gushing fount as he shouted
"What happened?!"
Ogg's eyes rolled wildly as he tried to process the information. Thief shook him violently as he asked again. Ogg breathed faintly.
"We were digging... for water... when it burst". Thief set Ogg down in the grass, the smell was overpowering. The black liquid stained his robes and shimmered in the grass, oil. They were standing on a whole ocean of oil, just beneath their feet. All they had to do was dig a few yards down and they'd have it.
Kono stopped, bending over to catch his breath
"Well " he chuckled "We've struck oil, too bad we don't need any."
No, but EJ did. The realization struck him with blunt force. This wasn't about members, it was about resources and Raven was going to kill them for it.

Nyerp

Hiro

Good lord, That's some fucked up shit there Ringo.

YPrrrr

Ringo you should write a book

FAMY2

That was totally unexpected.   O_0

Ringo

Sam paced the floor, she couldn't sleep. She felt drained, the past three days had been an uneasy and restless. Their strange host dissapeared for hours on end, leaving them to explore the castle on their own. Clair kept to the library archives, where various fan fictions had been stored over the years. Their host, who had revealed himself to be none other than Johnny Ringo the Second, had once caught Clair unaware, suggested a book and dissapeared as mysteriously as he came. Sam had noted that he seemed to delight in keeping unseen and unheard, concealing himself until the last second then abruptly appearing with an all too familiar smirk. The castle was a veritable labyrinth, tunnels linked to passageways and back into tunnels before trailing off into a dead end. She could only imagine how many more were left unexplored. Socks seemed distant, she could feel it. It was like talking to a stranger, in the daytime he would often wander the castle, humming some tune to himself as he searched their asylum for its source. Steal and Hiro kept together, Hiro had convinced Steal of their safety in numbers and the two kept close watch of eachother through whatever their activities. Now they lay quietly in their bunks, slumbering peacefully. This place seemed dead in the day, but at night she felt nothing but restlessness. Something was moving outside of their door, stalking quietly just outside of her sight.
"Over here." It whispered. Sam ventured past the threshold, her curiousity kept an unmerciful hold on her, pulling her closer and closer while every other sense seemed to pull her back.
"Closer. Clo-ser..."
Sam crept further, drawn to the voice as it wooed her onward.
"This way"
Down the staircase
"Come now. "
Past the hall
"Keep going"
Where was it coming from? It was ahead, just ahead. Then it got distant, leading her closer with every utterance.
"A bit further..." it trailed off. Sam turned the corner to find Ringo standing in the midst of the garden clad in black formal wear and cloak, save for a silver bolo hung about the neck. His frame illuminated by the pale moonlight he extended his arm with an almost inhuman calm.
"Dance with me" His voice was commanding yet gentle seducing the ear and delighting the spirit, propelling Sam blindly towards its originator. Grasping onto the black leather gloves Sam stared up into his jade eyes.
"I can't dance" her voice trembling as she took his hand
"Anyone can dance, it comes natural. Like breathing. Come, I will show you." And on cue a tragic melody filled the garden, softly at first, growing more intricate as she listened. Sam lost herself in the music, letting it guide her footsteps they waltzed to the bitter tune. When she opened her eyes she was surrounded, not by a dead patio, but a living garden. Innumerable pairs moved with poetic beauty, stepping in perfect timing to the compelling piece that overpowered their senses. Barely touching the floor the incandescent pairs glided across the floor, showing transluscent through this pale moon. The garden came alive, whitened trees shading their movement through ruddy leaves. As he danced he craned his neck to her side
"These are those who have gone on. These are the Nsiders, formerly dead and gone. But for an hour, all that is dead is alive in this kingdom." he whispered gently into her ear. She looked back up at him with bright tender eyes
"An hour?"
"But an hour, child, no more."
And for that hour, everything felt right with the world. There were no worries, no cares, no hurt and no pain. Simple bliss, and that melody that wrenched at the spirit and guided their movements. Together they danced their Dark Waltz, unheeded by the ghostly figures that danced about them, lost in each others gaze. Disrupting the dance a loud clang rang flat through her ears. Again and again the relentless clanging of the Ebony clock signalled the changing of times and the abrupt end to their joy. The trees seemed to die in unison, letting off death throes as their leaves shriveled and died. The dancers aged instantaneously, going from youthful Nsiders to screaming skeletal forms before dissapearing into a cloud of dust.
"That's how it always ends, night after night." he sighed ."Please, just five more minutes." Sam let go and took a few steps back.
"Please, five minutes more. Just five minutes." he pleaded
" I can't stay with you, my friends need me." she responded before turning away, leaving him alone with bittersweet memory in the pale white light of the moon.

Hiro

I'm sorry, but this could have easily fitted in with the other chapter about this. What's the point of the dancing anyways? Is this Phantom of the Opera? Where's Socks? Where's Clair?

lol at the library of fan-fics though. You got a crush on Sam?

I just don't see how that chapter was relevant in any way. ;-;

Hopefully it will be explained later on.

Nyerp

Sam

No 5-minutes for you bitch.   baddood;

But seriously, ghosts in a garden during a waltz? Ro-man-tic. wub;
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Hiro

But what does it have to do with anything?

Go Up