September 29, 2024, 04:27:27 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Screw Attack's top 20 SNES games

Started by The artist formally known, April 29, 2008, 09:49:35 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The artist formally known

Quote from: Lawlz on April 30, 2008, 03:47:26 AM
Earthbound was kickass back in the day and still holds up to all these Final Fantasies and Xenosagas and beats them.

Star Fox was dead as soon as Panzer Dragoon came out.
earthbound is only good because of the story and graphics, the gameplay is horrible and does not stand up today. if it were never made and had been on the GBA when the GBA was out, the game wouldn't have been even known today

same with starfox but im not saying that starfox would hold up today. believe me, i think im the only one that played starfox when it first came out. i was wondering how the hell it was 3d while all my other games weren't

ncba93ivyase

Chrono Nigger sucks and Earthbound should've taken its place.

Also, the first Actrasier is a half-assed action game with half-assed sim elements, while Actraiser 2 is a wholly outstanding action game with gorgeous graphics--something the first game lacked.0

Yoshi's Island also isn't very good.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Samus Aran

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on April 30, 2008, 12:54:59 PM
Finally someone understands

All of the games on the list are overrated. That's how it works. psyduck;

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: reefer on April 30, 2008, 01:13:04 PM
earthbound is only good because of the story and graphics, the gameplay is horrible and does not stand up today. if it were never made and had been on the GBA when the GBA was out, the game wouldn't have been even known today

I really hope you're kidding.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Quote from: Lawlz on April 30, 2008, 03:57:00 PM
Chrono Nigger sucks and Earthbound should've taken its place.

Also, the first Actrasier is a half-assed action game with half-assed sim elements, while Actraiser 2 is a wholly outstanding action game with gorgeous graphics--something the first game lacked.0

Yoshi's Island also isn't very good.
Yoshi's Island so fucking awesome, you just don't understand.

Seriously, the music for that game is incredible as well as the game. Chrono Trigger is a great game, but not amazing as it is made out to be. Real time RPG? Holy fuck

Samus Aran

I'll put this out there: I really enjoy all the games you guys are fighting over.  baddood;

Quote from: Lawlz on April 30, 2008, 04:02:21 PM
I really hope you're kidding.
It's true.

Earthbound is a great game. The story kicks ass, but the gameplay sucks now a days. I enjoyed the game, Mr. Saturn is probably the coolest video game character ever but I think it's a bit overrated.

I think its up in the top 15 best SNES games.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: reefer on April 30, 2008, 04:21:31 PM
It's true.

Earthbound is a great game. The story kicks ass, but the gameplay sucks now a days. I enjoyed the game, Mr. Saturn is probably the coolest video game character ever but I think it's a bit overrated.

I think its up in the top 15 best SNES games.
The system is simple and flawless.

real time can be annoying when you have to scroll through 40 items or wait 30 second to select a magic attack and wait another 30 to use it.

Quote from: Lawlz on April 30, 2008, 04:29:07 PM

real time can be annoying when you have to scroll through 40 items or wait 30 second to select a magic attack and wait another 30 to use it.
its like mario RPG's menu system

categories  befuddlement

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: reefer on April 30, 2008, 04:33:10 PM
its like mario RPG's menu system

categories  befuddlement
SMRPG's system is just as good as Earthbound's.

Quote from: Lawlz on April 30, 2008, 04:34:30 PM
SMRPG's system is just as good as Earthbound's.
okay?

i usually dont care too much about menu systems unless they suck  befuddlement

Samus Aran

I had more trouble with Chrono Trigger's system than SMRPG's and EB's. Chrono Trigger made it a bit too easy to accidentally scroll past something you were trying to do once you have a lot of techs and such. It's especially frustrating when battling Lavos at the end, where every wasted second could mean your death.

Regardless, I still really enjoyed all three games.

Quote from: Kaz on April 30, 2008, 04:37:51 PM
I had more trouble with Chrono Trigger's system than SMRPG's and EB's. Chrono Trigger made it a bit too easy to accidentally scroll past something you were trying to do once you have a lot of techs and such. It's especially frustrating when battling Lavos at the end, where every wasted second could mean your death.

Regardless, I still really enjoyed all three games.
I admit I've never played Chrono Trigger for more than two hours though so I'm just going off of what I experienced. I loved what I played of the game and it really was magical to me when I was younger, probably because I never really played much of it so I didn't understand what you did in the game.

Since when you're a kid something is "magical" if you don't understand it that well.

C.Mongler

Quote from: Lawlz on April 30, 2008, 04:29:07 PM

its boring.

Quote from: C. Mongler on April 30, 2008, 08:19:02 PM

its boring.

OH i thought the system he was talking about was the SNES itself

Go Up