September 28, 2024, 12:34:28 PM

1,531,324 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Avalanche (AKA Cotton Ball), Legendary map pack - Halo 3

Started by don't let's, March 18, 2008, 11:51:23 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

don't let's

March 18, 2008, 11:51:23 PM Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 01:25:44 AM by LiveOnTheEdge
It looks pretty cool, and they say that it's sort of a remake of Sidewinder. The Legendary map pack is 800 MS points and is being released on April 15th. I think it looks pretty cool and I always liked Sidewinder, so I hope it's actually fun to play on.

From http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?ty...s&cid=13382
"Avalanche (AKA Cotton Ball), the second map from next monthâ,,,s Legendary Map pack â,“ due April 15th for 800 marketplace points (remember, we just make the maps, we don't get to price them) â,“ is a lovingly crafted reimagination of Halo: Combat Evolved classic Sidewinder. It wouldnâ,,,t be wholly accurate to call it a â,"remake,â, but elements of Avalanche are certainly culled from Sidewinder â,“ it has the same familiar U-shape, multiple ways from base-to-base, and a whole sandbox full oâ,,, vehicles to play with. But there are many, many changes too.

Designers Niles Sankey and Lars Bakken along with artists Mike Buelterman and Jason Sussman have answered a bunch of questions about Avalanche and hopefully between their answers and the accompanying pictures, what Avalanche is will begin to crystallize. "

Also pics,

C.Mongler

strongbad

Is it just one map (sorry, I can't view bungie.net without deleting my cookies since they fucked up my windows live ID)? I don't think I'll buy it since heroic maps were awesome with foundry alone. If they don't have an awesome map for forging, I don't think I'll get it.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

The artist formally known

am i the only guy that doesn't like it when they dont just give you the old levels from all the old versions of the game for free?

god i would love to play all the melee stages on brawl

C.Mongler

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

UnagiPower

screw it i'll just wait for the maps to be free also i don't even play it i just play it when my friends come over and seek an ass kicking.

strongbad

Quote from: reefer on April 03, 2008, 02:15:54 PM
am i the only guy that doesn't like it when they dont just give you the old levels from all the old versions of the game for free?

god i would love to play all the melee stages on brawl

GOD I WANT BEAVER CREEK BACK

hotlikesauce.

Quote from: M!ppo on April 07, 2008, 08:36:18 PM
That looks nothing like Sidewinder.
yeah it does, just a lot lot lot more textures this time.

hotlikesauce.

Quote from: reefer on April 07, 2008, 08:48:47 PM
yeah it does, just a lot lot lot more textures this time.

Have you played Halo 1 recently?

I just started it up to compare (alt + tab ftw), and they look NOTHING alike.

Quote from: M!ppo on April 07, 2008, 09:20:04 PM
Have you played Halo 1 recently?

I just started it up to compare (alt + tab ftw), and they look NOTHING alike.
no one battled on those parts of the map when i played. the pictures in op look exactly a like

hotlikesauce.

Quote from: reefer on April 07, 2008, 09:34:52 PM
no one battled on those parts of the map when i played. the pictures in op look exactly a like

I'm not seeing the big base (with sniper tower), the vehicles, or the middle, or the ice.

hotlikesauce.

Quote from: Lawlz on April 03, 2008, 02:56:57 PM
halo 3?

moar liek GAYlo 3

Hey everyone. Let's downplay a game for being good. And because I can't afford the system for it.

Go Up