July 05, 2024, 07:58:15 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Official character discussion

Started by Pele, March 09, 2008, 02:28:12 PM

previous topic - next topic

???

Captain Olimar
3 (7.9%)
Diddy Kong
0 (0%)
Ike
3 (7.9%)
King Dedede
0 (0%)
Lucario
3 (7.9%)
Lucas
3 (7.9%)
Meta Knight
1 (2.6%)
Pit
3 (7.9%)
Pokemon Trainer
0 (0%)
Solid Snake
3 (7.9%)
R.O.B.
1 (2.6%)
Sonic
0 (0%)
Wario
0 (0%)
Wolf
2 (5.3%)
Bowser
0 (0%)
Captain Falcon
0 (0%)
Falco
1 (2.6%)
Fox
0 (0%)
Ganondorf
0 (0%)
Ice Climbers
0 (0%)
Jigglypuff
0 (0%)
Link
2 (5.3%)
Mario
0 (0%)
Marth
1 (2.6%)
Mr. Game & Watch
1 (2.6%)
Ness
2 (5.3%)
Pikachu
0 (0%)
Peach
0 (0%)
Zelda / Sheik
0 (0%)
Samus Aran
4 (10.5%)
Yoshi
0 (0%)
Toon Link
3 (7.9%)
Donkey Kong
0 (0%)
Luigi
2 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Go Down

V

Ike fucking sucks;I don't give a shit what any of you say.  baddood;

Samus Aran

Quote from: V on March 24, 2008, 08:07:59 AM

I only like him for Cruel Brawl, because I killed 10 alloys with him yesterday.

Wrench

Quote from: V on March 24, 2008, 08:07:59 AM

Care to explain?

V

JGE

Quote from: V on March 24, 2008, 10:13:38 AM
i hate slow people  >.<

Some of my best characters are King Dedede, Ganondorf, Bowser, and Snake. caterpie;

Probably the fastest character I use is Link and I rape any Toon Link, Marth, and Ike on the block.
Quote from: WrenchNinja on March 24, 2008, 07:10:32 AM
I find it to be one of the best. He always tends to either make it on or grab a platform.

It's horrible. Not only is it almost impossible to tell the length of whether you're going to grab the stage or plummit to your death, but you also drop in the middle of throwing your sword in the air so you lose more recovery than you gain. Ike has probably one of the worst/most retarded recoveries in the game.

sans culottes

Quote from: WrenchNinja on March 24, 2008, 07:10:32 AM
I find it to be one of the best. He always tends to either make it on or grab a platform.

It's excellent if you're just a tad bit away, horizontally, from the ledge. If you're too far off, you might not make it. His recovery licks balls.

Best recovery = Kirby, Jigglypuff, etc., anyone who can float. Or a high-ass jump like Sonic's.
I support BUSH

JGE

Why does Toon Link's U-smash suck so much  befuddlement

UnagiPower

Quote from: JGE on March 24, 2008, 03:39:22 PM
Why does Toon Link's U-smash suck so much  befuddlement

Cause his up special is better than Link's, and his down aerial is better than link's, he's faster than Link, even his knockback is stronger than Link's, his only downside is his light weight.

JGE

Quote from: UnagiPower on March 24, 2008, 03:45:53 PM
Cause his up special is better than Link's, and his down aerial is better than link's, he's faster than Link, even his knockback is stronger than Link's, his only downside is his light weight.

Lets not forget his arrows charge slower than Link's so it's near useless for stun spamming, his boomerang is slower than Link's minus the very useful drag in feature, and his bomb are just about the same without hardly any difference between the two. His Up special has horrible knockback and you would have to be a complete moron to get killed or even hit by his D-air because it's so damn fast and is impossible to short hop with. Even his damn range pathetic.

Just about the only plus side I see to him is his speed, he can dash with his incredibly rangeless U-smash, and at the price of range his FS does more damage which is pointless because it's basically a 1 hit kill anyway.

UnagiPower

Quote from: JGE on March 24, 2008, 03:53:28 PM
Lets not forget his arrows charge slower than Link's so it's near useless for stun spamming, his boomerang is slower than Link's minus the very useful drag in feature, and his bomb are just about the same without hardly any difference between the two. His Up special has horrible knockback and you would have to be a complete moron to get killed or even hit by his D-air because it's so damn fast and is impossible to short hop with. Even his damn range pathetic.

Just about the only plus side I see to him is his speed, he can dash with his incredibly rangeless U-smash, and at the price of range his FS does more damage which is pointless because it's basically a 1 hit kill anyway.

His regular attacks have more knockback and when you charge his up special it does have more knockback than Link's.

Besides, solely spamming projectiles isn't useful at all so most people don't care about how good the projectiles are.

FullmetalGanon

Quote from: UnagiPower on March 24, 2008, 04:45:05 PM
His regular attacks have more knockback and when you charge his up special it does have more knockback than Link's.

Besides, solely spamming projectiles isn't useful at all so most people don't care about how good the projectiles are.

Snake's homing missle is awesome. srsly

JGE

Quote from: UnagiPower on March 24, 2008, 04:45:05 PM

His regular atatcks have slightly more knockback than Link's but they have crappy range to balance it out. I would rather a weaker character that has more chances to hit the opponent anyway. Also his Up special hardly knocks back compared to Link's. It's too small so all it can do is rack up damage.

QuoteBesides, solely spamming projectiles isn't useful at all so most people don't care about how good the projectiles are.

Yeah, I'm ending this here. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

YPrrrr

Quote from: JGE on March 24, 2008, 12:27:50 PM
It's horrible. Not only is it almost impossible to tell the length of whether you're going to grab the stage or plummit to your death, but you also drop in the middle of throwing your sword in the air so you lose more recovery than you gain. Ike has probably one of the worst/most retarded recoveries in the game.
It's pretty easy to tell for me doodthing;

UnagiPower

Quote from: JGE on March 24, 2008, 04:53:58 PM
Yeah, I'm ending this here. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Ahh you're lucky I don't have a Wii so I can beat you online.

Link sucks comparatively end of story.  baddood;

JGE

Quote from: UnagiPower on March 24, 2008, 06:00:25 PM
Ahh you're lucky I don't have a Wii so I can beat you online.

Link sucks comparatively end of story.  baddood;

lol whatever you say

Go Up