September 23, 2024, 12:31:18 AM

1,531,320 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

77 Years in Prison for Stealing .50 Cent Pack of Donuts.

Started by Socks, March 06, 2008, 05:12:50 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Socks

Quote from: Commodore Guff on March 06, 2008, 05:35:52 PM
okay trouble with my intrangnets connections and can't get the video to load completely so uh what were his first two strikes

Petty robbery in 1978/9 and 1999.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Socks on March 06, 2008, 05:48:06 PM
Petty robbery in 1978/9 and 1999.

Oh, they were petty robberies?

Why'd they make him out to sound like he had done something horrible by calling him an "ex-convict" then?

Socks

Quote from: Kazanova on March 06, 2008, 05:50:04 PM
Oh, they were petty robberies?

Why'd they make him out to sound like he had done something horrible by calling him an "ex-convict" then?

I think they were treated as a felony.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Socks on March 06, 2008, 05:52:29 PM
I think they were treated as a felony.

I guess. I don't really know what California law considers to be a "petty robbery" and what is and isn't treated as a felony.

sans culottes

I support BUSH

Jester

Everything burns.

sans culottes

Quote from: Socks on March 06, 2008, 06:03:22 PM
Which is ironically written by those who routinely fuck little boys with their small dicks.

what about the homosexals
I support BUSH

Knig

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: CHAOS66 on March 06, 2008, 05:22:27 PM
You have to be shitting me. That law needs to be amended.
You mean repealed?

Our criminal justice system is pretty damn good, but the punishment is terrible.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

wawi

I agree that it is terrible that rapists and child molesters get little to no time while this guy gets 77 years for stealing something that is worthless

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: W4W1 on March 06, 2008, 07:49:14 PM
I agree that it is terrible that rapists and child molesters get little to no time while this guy gets 77 years for stealing something that is worthless
what the hell are you talking about psyduck;

The worst part is those people need to register as sex offenders every year of their life. Really, could you imagine just moving to a new neighborhood and every person there has to be notified that you're some dangerous and disgusting beast because you touched your friend in her sleep?

It'd be nigh impossible to ever fit back into society.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

wawi

Quote from: Lawlz on March 06, 2008, 08:00:49 PM
what the hell are you talking about psyduck;

The worst part is those people need to register as sex offenders every year of their life. Really, could you imagine just moving to a new neighborhood and every person there has to be notified that you're some dangerous and disgusting beast because you touched your friend in her sleep?

It'd be nigh impossible to ever fit back into society.

I should of been more specific.  I know how people make mistakes and then they have to end up spending their whole lives not being able to do certain things because they are a registered sex offender. I was more talking about the perverted ones.  Having them registered isn't enough to stop some of them.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: W4W1 on March 06, 2008, 08:04:48 PM
I should of been more specific.  I know how people make mistakes and then they have to end up spending their whole lives not being able to do certain things because they are a registered sex offender. I was more talking about the perverted ones.  Having them registered isn't enough to stop some of them.
Should they really be punished their entire life even after the sentence is over?

Sex offenders aren't inherently bad people. If you commit three felonies like the guy in this video did, you've got something wrong. I still don't agree with the law, but multiple felonies sounds worse than a single sexual offense.

wawi

Quote from: Lawlz on March 06, 2008, 08:06:59 PM
Should they really be punished their entire life even after the sentence is over?

No, but as I said, the perverted ones who keep on doing it should have some kind of long term consequences.

QuoteSex offenders aren't inherently bad people. If you commit three felonies like the guy in this video did, you've got something wrong. I still don't agree with the law, but multiple felonies sounds worse than a single sexual offense.

I agree, people always screw up. Sex offenders should atleast get one more chance to prove themselves.

Geeze, now I have a baseless argument. I think I just entirely contridicted myself.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: W4W1 on March 06, 2008, 08:11:05 PM
No, but as I said, the perverted ones who keep on doing it should have some kind of long term consequences.
Or maybe they should be helped?

Instead of throwing them back into society and alerting every person within a 50 mile radius some sick fiend is moving in, they should help the person get a steady job and maybe help identify and repair the fault.

Go Up