October 22, 2024, 12:27:46 AM

1,531,338 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

So I'm looking for a laptop

Started by strongbad, February 10, 2008, 07:54:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

As the title says, I need a laptop. Having vitrually no computer knowledge, I have no idea what to look for. I want it to be able to do the following things smoothly:
-Browse internets (youtube, forums, myspace, idksomeflashgames)
-itunes (memory isn't a huge option since I have an external harddrive)
-Counter strike 1.6 (lol, i know it should be easy)
-Starcraft (my current comp can run that. shit)
-Microsoft office shit for school, but my family has the whole 2003 collection on disk, so it doens't need to come with it.

With that being said, I will most likely be buying off of craigslist and I would like someone to provide me with the approximate specs I need and around how much I will need to pay for it because I'm poor.
Help me and I'll give you 5000 luts  caterpie;

Title27GT

How much money are you looking to spend good sir

ncba93ivyase

Macbook.

Microsoft Office sucks; use NeoOffice or OpenOffice.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

strongbad

Quote from: Lawlz on February 11, 2008, 02:41:22 PM
Macbook.

Microsoft Office sucks; use NeoOffice or OpenOffice.

Macbooks are expensive as hell.
All I need microsoft office for is school shit, which it can easily handle
And I'm hoping that I won't have to spend more than 500$. If that's the case, I'll go for a desktop.

Cookie

Macbook Pro.

Or you can always buy some crappy dell that runs Windows Vista that will crash in three days, send it in for repairs, find out you have to pay for it, you end up paying a shit load, and that point you will wish that you would have gotton a Macbook Pro.

strongbad

I don't want or need vista. Hell, I'd be fine with Windows 2000.

Feynman

Title27GT

Quote from: The_Cookie_Monster on February 11, 2008, 05:58:59 PM
Macbook Pro.

Or you can always buy some crappy dell that runs Windows Vista that will crash in three days, send it in for repairs, find out you have to pay for it, you end up paying a shit load, and that point you will wish that you would have gotton a Macbook Pro.
Gee I wonder if he had just said that a macbook was too expensive what he would think about a macbook pro

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

strongbad

Zeta

Quote from: Bassir C. on February 11, 2008, 08:23:07 PM
You're an idiot. psyduck;

For the price you pay and the amount a vast majority of it use, it's a fucking ripoff. Openoffice is far better.

strongbad

Quote from: Zeta on February 11, 2008, 09:54:17 PM
For the price you pay and the amount a vast majority of it use, it's a fucking ripoff. Openoffice is far better.

Yes, but I already own it so it's not an issue..

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Strongbad007 on February 12, 2008, 06:09:02 AM
Yes, but I already own it so it's not an issue..
And it's an old version.

Title27GT

If you need Powerpoint, Excel, and Word, just get iWork. It exports to all MS Office filetypes and it takes about 5 seconds to crack the trial.

strongbad

Quote from: Title on February 12, 2008, 02:03:39 PM
If you need Powerpoint, Excel, and Word, just get iWork. It exports to all MS Office filetypes and it takes about 5 seconds to crack the trial.

I'll have to try that.

So.. Can someone start giving me some reccomended (minimum) specs

Go Up