September 20, 2024, 01:39:49 PM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

So I writed a poem

Started by Sam, February 05, 2008, 08:05:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Sam

In english, we were all assigned a color and asked to write a poem on it. I wanted red, but i got black, which is equally easy. so, here's my emo poem about a lonely asian hooker/pianist:
[spoiler]
"Water on a Moonless Night"

Scanning the sheet music, solid note after note
Scanning the room, looking for a buyer
An atmosphere is emitted from the sophisticated grand piano
As insignificant guests sip their olive-dressed cocktails.

The women in their favorite ?little black dress?
Men, showing off new leather shoes, the finest that can be made
And the player, stroking keys gently in rhythm
Has lost all sight of any internal melody.

Dark hair contrasts a painted face,
Reminiscent of ancestors
Who dipped brushes and pens into vessels of ink
And stroked the foreign lettering gently onto paper, soft line after line.

The same strokes of ink etched themselves onto her legs,
In a checkered pattern, creating small squares of black
That stretched so far as to hide under the seam of a short skirt
And into the openings of two cheap leather boots.

Encompassed by the brokenness
Of the shattered light bulb
She stands under the tall, dark lamp post
Waiting for the moon to protect her from the dark.

She looks out to her audience,
But the music means nothing to them;
Snobbishly unaware of the obvious,
They chuckle to themselves with a false feeling of superiority.

The cheap motel door reads ?29?
Two numbers tending to each other,
Nailed to the door, together, forever
Or just until the iron metal rusts to a crackling mess.

Inside, the briefcase-carrying, suit-wearing man
Sets his thick-framed glasses on the tired nightstand.

Fingers scanning soft and rough skin
Fingers scanning the sharp and flat keys
On the dark grand piano.
Her eyes, scanning the water on a moonless night,
Search for any source of light.

-samdiddlydoodah[/spoiler]

Any rhyming is unintentional.

Ever write poetry? Is it emo?
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

KonohaShinobi

I've written many poems   caterpie;

and that poem you WROTE there was pretty good.

Sam

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on February 05, 2008, 08:23:19 PM

and that poem you WROTE there was pretty good.

why thankyah.

...just so you know, Im aware the word is "wrote", I just didn't feeling like titling the thread correctly for some reason. >.> I actually have fairly decent grammar.

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: samsam on February 05, 2008, 08:24:38 PM
why thankyah.

...just so you know, Im aware the word is "wrote", I just didn't feeling like titling the thread correctly for some reason. >.> I actually have fairly decent grammar.

I've noticed  girl;

Sam

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on February 05, 2008, 08:27:13 PM
I've noticed  girl;

...know what? I'm going on two hours of sleep, it's mdnight, and I hit my head really hard on a broiling pan today. Give me a break. *glare*

plus I'm a lazy typer.

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: samsam on February 05, 2008, 08:29:21 PM
...know what? I'm going on two hours of sleep, it's mdnight, and I hit my head really hard on a broiling pan today. Give me a break. *glare*

plus I'm a lazy typer.

Lol, it's alright, I was just teasing ya.  wub;

Samus Aran

To answer your poem, sure, I write poetry, but most of it is private and I don't like showing it off unless I have to for an assignment. My creative writing professor likes my work, but naturally I hate it.

As for your poem, it's got potential for a very nice flow, but I think it might flow better if you would treat your sentences like actual sentences, avoiding the "capitalize every line" cliche.

It's also a bit wordier than it needs to be, which can also disrupt it, but overall, I'm sure it's fine for the assignment.

Daddy

Pyrate

made me think of jenny and her naked guitar playing from forrest gump doodella;

Geno

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on February 05, 2008, 08:23:19 PM
I look into Shika's eyes and I open my mouth wide just looking at his face I want to remove all my clothes and slop him him... but I can't. I look down to see that I unknowlingly removed his pants. shika grinned and I put myhands down his chest and I get down to his penis where I feel and grope the bulbous beauty of sexual pleasure. I look up at Shika. His Jaw is open wide with ecstasy. I grin and then put his big juicy penis inot my mouth...I swish  my tongue around the sides and I push my head in and out as Shika's penis gets harder and harder! I look up at his face, he is about to cum, so I stop. His penis is very erect now and I slide my hands back up his chest. I looks shika in the eyes and I begin to place my tongue down his throat..he enjoys it, we soon entertwine tongues and then Shika forces me onto the bed! I groan for a momentt until my gasps are stopped by Shika's tongue. I rub my penis against his and soon enough Shika scream's out my name:"KONOOOOO!" His screams die out and are replaced by the semen that has now covered the bed we lay in.

Like this poem you wrote Kono?  caterpie;
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Himu

Every poem I write I read it like a rap. :(

Geno

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: MARIOMANIAC21 on February 06, 2008, 12:16:13 PM
Oh, those things in your Nsider profile were poems? I thought they were some nigger writtings or something.

the one about the dead girl was cool. doodella;

Daddy

oh god this pain
it does not wane
im bleeding fast
forget my past
oh no i died
i hope u cried
:l

Selkie

Morning, ode to the day
grasping hourglass and looking away