October 05, 2024, 11:35:44 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Suggestions for SNES games?

Started by Pele, January 28, 2008, 01:57:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: JMV290 on January 31, 2008, 12:09:34 PM
He doesn't like most games unless they look like this:

[IMG]http://i26.tighjpng[/img]

just change the sprites, add new power ups, and you have a whole new game

what's more fun:

flying through space at thousands of miles per hour with lasers and missles and giant robots and aliens trying to kill you or tiptoeing through a dungeon followed by another dungeon and another and another and another and killing things like little blobs of goop and reading dozens of hours of text

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Daddy

Quote from: Lawlz on January 31, 2008, 12:12:32 PM
what's more fun:

flying through space at thousands of miles per hour with lasers and missles and giant robots and aliens trying to kill you or tiptoeing through a dungeon followed by another dungeon and another and another and another and killing things like little blobs of goop and reading dozens of hours of text
the latter

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: JMV290 on January 31, 2008, 12:13:37 PM
the latter
then you'd love utterly boring games like illusion of gaia

Early Zelda games focus mostly on action, which is good, but Illusion of Gaia is just slowly wandering around in bland environments and fighting the most generic enemies possible and occasionally temporarily powering up to some dark lord and slowly stomping through a dungeon.

If I somehow made that out to sound awesome, it's not. The Oracles games and Link to the Past are much better.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Samus Aran

Christ, you people are so picky. I enjoy shmups. I enjoy what some may call "boring" RPGs. I enjoy Star Fox 64 (the first one is admittedly kind of shitty). I enjoy Zelda (for the most part). I enjoy all the kinds of games that you assholes keep picking apart.

One Man Freak Show

Quote from: Strongbad007 on January 31, 2008, 06:55:21 AM
Awesome game, but I can't get past the first boss  >.<

Are you serious? You can't get past Dizzy? >.<

Daddy

Quote from: Lawlz on January 31, 2008, 12:17:41 PM
then you'd love utterly boring games like illusion of gaia

Early Zelda games focus mostly on action, which is good, but Illusion of Gaia is just slowly wandering around in bland environments and fighting the most generic enemies possible and occasionally temporarily powering up to some dark lord and slowly stomping through a dungeon.
i would rather have zelda over gaia.  i would rather have gaia than a generic space shooter

If I somehow made that out to sound awesome, it's not. The Oracles games and Link to the Past are much better.
i bet it does suck

strongbad

Quote from: One Man Freak Show on January 31, 2008, 01:19:49 PM
Are you serious? You can't get past Dizzy? >.<

I don't know what to do  gonk;
I hit him like 100000 times but he never dies.

me003

Quote from: Lawlz on January 31, 2008, 12:17:41 PM

The Oracles games are  much better.
Disagree. And just because its an action RPG, why do you have to call it a Zelda rip off. The stories are no way similar. And yes it has more reading, that helps build a strong storyline, you know something that is key to RPG's.

I'm with kaz, when it comes to RPG's you shouldn't have a voice.
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: MethreE on January 31, 2008, 10:13:11 PM
Disagree. And just because its an action RPG, why do you have to call it a Zelda rip off. The stories are no way similar. And yes it has more reading, that helps build a strong storyline, you know something that is key to RPG's.

I'm with kaz, when it comes to RPG's you shouldn't have a voice.
I know good games from shitty games.

Link to the Past is good; Illusion of Gaia is not.

One Man Freak Show

Quote from: Strongbad007 on January 31, 2008, 09:20:18 PM
I don't know what to do  gonk;
I hit him like 100000 times but he never dies.

Feed him the hamburgers.

Hope I remember that right. I haven't played the game in well over five years.

strongbad

Really? All those hours wasted  edumacate;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Lawlz on February 01, 2008, 02:01:48 AM
I know good games from shitty games.

Link to the Past is good; Illusion of Gaia is not.

No, you're just really picky.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Kaz on February 01, 2008, 10:12:45 AM
No, you're just really picky.
AND THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Lawlz on February 01, 2008, 02:28:25 PM
AND THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT.

No, not necessarily, but make picky gamers look bad by screaming like a banshee at people who don't agree with you.

Go Up