October 05, 2024, 03:34:36 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

GAMES YOU USED TO HATE BUT WENT BACK TO PLAY AND NOW LOVE

Started by ncba93ivyase, January 19, 2008, 10:32:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

Actraiser 2. God, its controls are so damn hard to adapt to, and the game is so unbelievably difficult (harder than any other action/hack-n-slash/platformer, even on easy), but after giving it a second shot I fell in love. The game is gorgeous, and once you get past the first level everything just feels smooth as butter. You'll probably have to end up retrying each level because the bosses give you hell and the enemies are relentless, not to mention numerous mis-jumps, but it's just purely AWESOME.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Samus Aran

I hated Tales of Symphonia the first time I played it.  caterpie;

Also, I got SMRPG when I was quite young, and it was my first RPG ever, so I sucked serious ass at it when I first got it. It took me so many tries to beat Croco.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Kaz on January 19, 2008, 10:35:52 PM
I hated Tales of Symphonia the first time I played it.  caterpie;

Also, I got SMRPG when I was quite young, and it was my first RPG ever, so I sucked serious ass at it when I first got it. It took me so many tries to beat Croco.
When I first rented SMRPG, I hate it too. I was locked in the first screen with the little toad's house or whatever and didn't know how to leave that screen. caterpie;

But I decided to give it a second shot because I knew there was more to it, got up to that boss in the mole cave with the bombs and beat it, and never got farther than that .

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

KonohaShinobi

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue and most RPGs, like Final Fantasy III. I hated it at first but then went back and played it and loved it's depth.  Grinding is the key to all RPGs, and it was something I never liked.

The artist formally known

Not many games. RE1 I never ever got passed the first dinning hall because I didn't know how hard the game was going to be and for some reason I couldn't figure out how to kill the zombies the best way without getting hurt but I did it and beat it.

The game was great, especially with the really bad voice acting.

Bushy

@pokemonyewest on Twitter

C.Mongler

Earthbound
Ninja Gaiden
FF VII (Not love exactly, but I at least found it not balls touching gay)

YPrrrr

Sonic Rush, although I don't love it. It doesn't suck as much as I previously had though

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

The artist formally known

Quote from: C.Mongler on January 20, 2008, 01:00:50 PM
Earthbound
Ninja Gaiden
FF VII (Not love exactly, but I at least found it not balls touching gay)

Fuck Ninja Gaiden, if I wanted to break a controller I'd have more fun doing it with a hammer.

FULL_METAL_RYDER2

Geno

Quote from: Lawlz on January 19, 2008, 10:37:52 PM
When I first rented SMRPG, I hate it too. I was locked in the first screen with the little toad's house or whatever and didn't know how to leave that screen. caterpie;
Mario's Pad lmao
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

thezerofire

Quote from: TitleFMR227GT on January 21, 2008, 12:39:27 PM
Majora's Mask, it's now my favorite Zelda. baddood;
'
I used to suck at that game, could never get past the first day.  Now it's possibly my favorite Zelda game

Go Up