October 05, 2024, 05:26:50 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Games you are naturally good/bad at

Started by strongbad, January 13, 2008, 09:15:11 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

Good
I have a natural knack for fps games. Not super hardcore wise, but like, i'm able to reconize the controls really fast and start dominating online really fast. I'm also really good at super smash bros games, but who isn't?

BAD
fuck im a shitty gamer :(. I am absolutely horrid at zelda games. I always get stuck on the really easy puzzles and never know where to go. Same goes with Metriod Prime games.. And some rpgs...

YPrrrr

Good:
I'm really good at sports, TBS, and Super Smash Bros. I've never lost a match of Melee.

Bad:
I guess I'm bad at FPS games... I usually end up in the middle of the pack, but I don't really use strategy... just kind of rush in and shoot. I'm also really bad at RTS games. I like to be able to have time to plan strategies rather than scroll all over the map as fast as I can otherwise I'm dead

greg400

Quote from: Strongbad007 on January 13, 2008, 09:15:11 AM
I'm also really good at super smash bros games, but who isn't?
That tells me you have never watched youtube videos in which championship players went to tournaments to win. They are fucking amazing and make your standard smash bros player look like shit.

Anyway... good:
Nothing, I get good at something once I eventually play it for a while. It's not as if i'm instantly amazing at anything.

Bad:
Nothing really, after a while I just get the hang of games. Unless the game fucking sucks. baddood;

NOA_Haunted

ncba93ivyase

I love shmups more than anything else, but I'm really only good with the Darius games and Life Force. Everything else I suck at. I also like a couple of fighting games such as Street Fighter III, but I am utter shit and have trouble even beating it on the easiest difficulty.

I seem to be decent at racing games, though I don't like them at all. RPGs and most every "puzzle" in them rarely ever perplex me, although I just don't like the games. The only time I ever get stuck is if you have to do something stupid like backtrack to your first town to get a slice of cake.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

strongbad

Quote from: MarioSonic44 on January 13, 2008, 09:34:23 AM
That tells me you have never watched youtube videos in which championship players went to tournaments to win. They are fucking amazing and make your standard smash bros player look like shit.

Anyway... good:
Nothing, I get good at something once I eventually play it for a while. It's not as if i'm instantly amazing at anything.

Bad:
Nothing really, after a while I just get the hang of games. Unless the game fucking sucks. baddood;

I have watched the tourny videos and stuff and I have practiced advanced techniques. I can SHFFL like a pro. I just said that because i knew that everyone would say that they were good at sbb games.

Wrench

I'm good at basically any game I touch.

FullmetalGanon

I'm goog at sniping in most FPSs. im also good at pokemans and rpg stuff like that.
but i suck at racing and sports games. :(

Classic

Hmmm...
I'm good at most games. I like games where you can pick up and play like Katamari Demacy and such, while having hardcore tastes like Galaxy and such. I especially like games where you have to think and try things on your own. RPGs are iffy with me. I hate generic RPGs, so it has to be something that stands out if I want to play it...

I'm bad at games that are FPS. The only FPS I can really play is RE:UC because it goes for me, but still gave me the freedom of where I wanted to go, direction wise.

But really, if I play long enough, I can get good at any game.  doodthing;

Kalahari Inkantation

I'm terrile at FPSs and Mario games, but I love them soooo much. wub;
I'm icredible at flight games or racing games, though. Adventure games like Zelda aren't too hard for me, either.
I'm not so great at RPGs. baddood;

Samus Aran

I'm best at platformers, both 2D and 3D. I was always one of those people who never understood how anyone could have any difficulty finding things in 3D platformers. Seriously guys, the blue coins in Sunshine aren't that hard to find.

I also seem to have a natural talent for turn-based RPGs, which includes the "tactics" (FFTA) style. Maybe the computers are just too easy to beat in FFTA, but I rarely lose a battle for one reason or another. Never lost to another human player either, though I've only played against two other people a few times.

I've also always been great at Zelda games. They're all too easy, except for Zelda II perhaps, because I never did finish it way back when I actually had a chance to play it. I find all the heart pieces and everything.

Lastly, I'm fucking awesome at Street Fighter games.  baddood;

What I'm horrible at is most FPS games and most button-masher fighters. Take Soul Calibur 2 for example. Sure, I can spend hours learning kickass moves and combos, yet somehow I still get my ass kicked all the damn time. Hell, I've been beaten by other people who don't even know how to play, and they just keep using mashing buttons and somehow landing hits.

FULL_METAL_RYDER2

Melee, I'm one badass motherfucker with my wavedashing and shffls yo.

Trini

Quote from: Strongbad007 on January 13, 2008, 09:15:11 AM
I'm also really good at super smash bros games, but who isn't?

Lots of people. But you don't notice unless you play competitively I guess.

Anyway, I pretty much suck at FPS's, no  matter how hard I try.
[CENTER][/center]

YPrrrr

Quote from: Trini on January 13, 2008, 01:41:30 PM
Lots of people. But you don't notice unless you play competitively I guess.

Yeah, it's amazing how many people struggle to simply pull off a smash attack doodthing;

FULL_METAL_RYDER2

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on January 13, 2008, 01:45:57 PM
Yeah, it's amazing how many people struggle to simply pull off a smash attack doodthing;
That's not what he means by competitive nigger. He's talking about tourneyfags and tourneywannabefags (like me) who wavedash,shffl, edge hog, all the advanced crazy shit the developers never thought we'd use in battle... baddood;

Go Up