I hope Nintendo continues to have incredible orchestrated music in its games.

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, January 12, 2008, 10:51:37 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

Every single orchestrated song in Galaxy sounded absolutely heavenly. I hope they don't go back to the midi shit on the Wii. ;-;
agree/disagree

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Tomboh

Kalahari Inkantation

greg400

The worst part of Twilight Princess was that fucking enemy midi song that came on every time you were even near an enemy. Jesus it ruined the game for me. I hope to god the next Zelda game they get rid of that shit.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: MarioSonic44 on January 12, 2008, 11:26:48 AM
The worst part of Twilight Princess was that fucking enemy midi song that came on every time you were even near an enemy. Jesus it ruined the game for me. I hope to god the next Zelda game they get rid of that shit.
but i love the "enemy is near" songs ;-;
TP's biggest musical flaw was the fact that none of the in-game music was orchestrated. Only the shitty trailer in the beginning. The songs sondeo great, but they were supposed to be orchestrated like Nintendo promised. If only they weren't fucking rushing to finish it. v;

Trini

Quote from: Luke Atmey on January 12, 2008, 11:30:19 AM
but i love the "enemy is near" songs ;-;
TP's biggest musical flaw was the fact that none of the in-game music was orchestrated. Only the shitty trailer in the beginning. The songs sondeo great, but they were supposed to be orchestrated like Nintendo promised. If only they weren't fucking rushing to finish it. v;

Rushing for just how long exactly?  befuddlement
[CENTER][/center]

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Trini on January 12, 2008, 11:58:38 AM
Rushing for just how long exactly?  befuddlement
well i guess they had a deadline and couldn't delay it again so they had to do with the midi music smithicide;

ncba93ivyase

But then you get tired of tubas and violins and want something else.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Samus Aran

Quote from: Lawlz on January 12, 2008, 12:18:53 PM
But then you get tired of tubas and violins and want something else.

srsly

Not all games would fit this orchestrated style the way Mario Galaxy does.

Tomboh

Samus Aran

Quote from: Punta Tombo on January 12, 2008, 02:41:20 PM
Give some examples.

Almost anything that's not Zelda or Mario. psyduck;

Would orchestrated music go well in Resident Evil games? No, not really. Nor basically any other FPS games, fighting games, other sorts of shooters, etc.

It's not hard to figure out if you just think of what kind of music has traditionally been placed in what genres.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Kaz on January 12, 2008, 02:43:19 PM
Almost anything that's not Zelda or Mario. psyduck;

Would orchestrated music go well in Resident Evil games? No, not really. Nor basically any other FPS games, fighting games, other sorts of shooters, etc.

It's not hard to figure out if you just think of what kind of music has traditionally been placed in what genres.

It's go pretty well with Star Fox, I think. In fact, I'm pretty sure they did it before with Assault. powerofone;
Although, you're right, it probably wouldn't fit in games like Kirby.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: steal on January 12, 2008, 02:45:42 PM
I find orchestrated soundtracks are less memorable than the blips and boops of the old days. baddood;
I'm really gonna miss those. This gen will probably be the last time we see a good ammount of games with that bad-quality music. ;-;

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Luke Atmey on January 12, 2008, 02:46:22 PM
It's go pretty well with Star Fox, I think. In fact, I'm pretty sure they did it before with Assault. powerofone;
Although, you're right, it probably wouldn't fit in games like Kirby.
Or Metroid, or F-Zero, or Pikmin, or Donkey Kong.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Go Up