September 19, 2024, 11:29:15 AM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Burning Gamecube games?

Started by Squirtlejazz, January 09, 2008, 05:29:51 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Squirtlejazz

Is it possible to burn Gamecube games to play on the Wii? Any special software?
iSnake

Kalahari Inkantation

What do you mean? The Wii is backwards-compatible with the Gamecube. Unless you're talking about burning ROMs to a disc and trying to get them to play on the Wii, which is nearly impossible unless you hack it. Of course, after hacking, you have no warranty and can't get any updates without it breaking. powerofone;

The artist formally known

Yes but you need to hard mod your Wii.

DVD of course. I don't know anything about it besides that and anyways we're kinda against moding because it's illegal. There are tons of modding websites.

DealExtreme.com is where you would want to buy from if you go through with it. What game anyways?

Squirtlejazz

Quote from: Luke Atmey on January 09, 2008, 05:32:13 PM
What do you mean? The Wii is backwrads-compatible with the Wii. Unless you're talking about burning ROMs to a disc and trying to get them to play on the Wii, which is nearly impossible unless you hack it. Of course, after hacking, you have no warrenty and can't get any updates without it breaking. powerofone;
Nah, I'm talking like taking a Gamecube disk, ripping it using the PC, burning it to a disk and then playing said disk on wii.
iSnake

Daddy

Quote from: Squirtlejazz on January 09, 2008, 05:34:04 PM
Nah, I'm talking like taking a Gamecube disk, ripping it using the PC, burning it to a disk and then playing said disk on wii.
Why would you do that if you can just use the GameCube disc in the Wii?

Kalahari Inkantation

Why not just use the original Gamecube disc?

Whats the point of that?

Squirtlejazz

Quote from: reefer on January 09, 2008, 05:35:06 PM
Whats the point of that?
Giving a game I still play to my cousin who is too poor to buy it.
iSnake

Quote from: Squirtlejazz on January 09, 2008, 05:35:59 PM
He would have to mod his Wii and you probably can't copy a Gamecube disc from the disc to your computer without a lot of work arounds which make it not worth it. Either tell him to buy the games, let him borrow it, not play it, or tell him to mod his Wii and download the games online.

Squirtlejazz

Quote from: reefer on January 09, 2008, 05:37:23 PM
He would have to mod his Wii and you probably can't copy a Gamecube disc from the disc to your computer without a lot of work arounds which make it not worth it. Either tell him to buy the games, let him borrow it, not play it, or tell him to mod his Wii and download the games online.
Eh, alright, thanks it was worth a shot.
iSnake

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Squirtlejazz on January 09, 2008, 05:35:59 PM
Too bad.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Go Up