October 05, 2024, 12:09:42 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

As the story goes...

Started by Classic, January 04, 2008, 05:43:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Classic

I have a friend and his father runs a Game Stop near the town where I live.
He had a used PS3 in PERFECT condition. Just a little scratched. He was selling it for $299, but not even the price sold it because it was labeled "used".

So me and my friend went in and I looked in the Wii section. Then I noticed he (the father) was taking the PS3 to the storage room to be trashed. My friend already had one (he has all 3 systems, because his father gets them free :| ) so he asked his father to give it to me. Well the father agreed, and gave me the game it came with when the original user sold it. (It was some racing game)

About that time, a little old lady was looking for a PS3 as 'cheap and workable' as she could get it. As it turns out, her grandson's mother and father were murdered (I remember the story because I read it in the news paper) and she was not loaded with money. In fact, her clothes were worked out and tattered. Anyways, the story hit my heart and began to feel heavy. Since it was given to me for free, I figured it wouldn't matter.
I only charged her $50 for it. I ended up giving the $50 to my friend's father for his trouble just giving me the PS3 rather than full price.

I know it may be stupid to some of you for me to do this, but I've been through money stuggles and there were times when it was hard to even look outside because we were in the pits (of course, my father has a steady job now, so it's all good).

Maybe one day, when I get a job, I'll get a PS3. But right now, there is only one game I'd play on it, and it's not out.

I've done my first good deed for the new year. ^___^

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Classic

Quote from: CONKER on January 04, 2008, 05:49:16 PM
Good job Tyler. But what I don't understand is why would akid want a PS3 when his parents got murdered? I'd be too depressed to want to have one.

It was almost a year ago.
I'd be over it by now.
Quote from: Lawlz on January 04, 2008, 05:49:05 PM
Old lady was lying.

Nope. I knew the lady. Didn't know the kid, but she is taking care of him.

Wrench

I'm proud of you, Tyler. You got some class.

To be completely honest, I probably would've kept it, but who knows?

FullmetalGanon

tyler, ur such a nice young man ;3

Wrench

Quote from: CONKER on January 04, 2008, 05:53:47 PM
I think you know. srs

Also, get a PS3 already Wrench. :|

I will if I get a job. They cost a lot. srs

Classic

Quote from: CONKER on January 04, 2008, 05:52:50 PM
The kid seems to be retarded to ask for a PS3 knowing his grandmother barely has money. But good job nonetheless.

Meh. He's like 8, I think.

But the whole deal is I already have a Wii. I barely have time for it, so I know I wouldn't be able to play both Wii and PS3. Also, there's only one game I'd play like mentioned above.
I'll get a PS3 (and maybe 360) someday.

NOA_Haunted

How is she going to buy games?

Classic

Quote from: xXTheHaunted on January 04, 2008, 05:59:59 PM
How is she going to buy games?

It came with that racing game. I guess he's just gonna have to play it for a while.

FULL_METAL_RYDER2

Quote from: Lonely Rolling Star on January 04, 2008, 06:00:56 PM
It came with that racing game. I guess he's just gonna have to play it for a while.
Was it by any chance Ridge racer? you know, RIGGDEEEEEEE RACERRRRR!

Classic

Quote from: Cameron on January 04, 2008, 06:05:01 PM
Was it by any chance Ridge racer? you know, RIGGDEEEEEEE RACERRRRR!

Isn't that for PSP?

The artist formally known

I don't think it's stupid though I would have asked the Gamestop owner for the next system the he would throw away.

Go Up