October 05, 2024, 03:31:11 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

OH GOD, I NEED SOME NEW OLD GAMES

Started by ncba93ivyase, January 01, 2008, 09:44:05 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

UnagiPower

Quote from: reefer on January 02, 2008, 03:04:11 PM
Game is fucking hard as hell.

seriously, I can't even beat the first boss.

Fun game though, I'm sure Lawlz could beat it.

The artist formally known

Quote from: UnagiPower on January 02, 2008, 03:05:52 PM
seriously, I can't even beat the first boss.

Fun game though, I'm sure Lawlz could beat it.
No he can't, I beat the first two bosses or so without using Save States then even on the 2nd to last I couldn't beat him USING save states easily. It was still fucking hard.

UnagiPower

Quote from: reefer on January 02, 2008, 03:37:14 PM
No he can't, I beat the first two bosses or so without using Save States then even on the 2nd to last I couldn't beat him USING save states easily. It was still fucking hard.

Oh ok. Like I said I couldn't even beat the first boss so I wouldn't know what the later levels are like.  caterpie;

ncba93ivyase

ahhhhhhhhhh

Should I buy Jet Force Gemini or some awesome NES game called Faxanadu which Zelda II completely ripped every concept from? ;_;

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

YPrrrr

Quote from: Lawlz on January 02, 2008, 06:00:37 PM
ahhhhhhhhhh

Should I buy Jet Force Gemini or some awesome NES game called Faxanadu which Zelda II completely ripped every concept from? ;_;
Jet Force Gemini pseudo;

Lupus was so awesome wub;

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on January 02, 2008, 06:01:40 PM
Jet Force Gemini pseudo;

Lupus was so awesome wub;
but what makes it great

Only thing keeping me form buying it is that I really hate most games from that gen, so it's doubtful I'll really like it. I loved Zelda II, so more than likely I'll enjoy Faxanadu.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

YPrrrr

Quote from: Lawlz on January 02, 2008, 06:02:53 PM
but what makes it great

Only thing keeping me form buying it is that I really hate most games from that gen, so it's doubtful I'll really like it. I loved Zelda II, so more than likely I'll enjoy Faxanadu.
Well you just answered your own question then.

I personally hated Zelda II, which is why I would recommend Jet Force Gemini over a game like it.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on January 02, 2008, 06:06:55 PM
Well you just answered your own question then.

I personally hated Zelda II, which is why I would recommend Jet Force Gemini over a game like it.
BUT SOME N64 GAMES LIKE BANJO KAZOOIE ARE GOOD

I believe it's a Rare game, but that doesn't instantly make it good.

explain it please

YPrrrr

Quote from: Lawlz on January 02, 2008, 06:09:15 PM

explain it please
Well, it's extremely challenging, as the AI isn't completely retarded like some games of the time, and the bosses are exceptionally difficult. There's a lot to do, such as collecting enemy heads to unlock rewards, which does add replay value, although the game itself is huge.

There are some major downsides though... sometimes the controls are a bit laggy for instance. Also, to complete a level, you must save every Tribal hostage character, which to be honest, is a huge pain in the ass, seeing as the enemy looks to gun them down as soon as they see you. Also, to get every tribal, which is a requirement to beat the game, you will most likely have to play each level three times, as each playable character has special abilities that allow them to access secret areas. So you will definitely end up hating Tribals more than Navi in Zelda, because if one dies you have to start the level over.

In the end though, I really enjoyed the story (some clever aspects and good humor) and secrets that can be found within levels with good exploration. Its multiplayer is pretty darn fun as well, although IGN seems to hate it.

So yeah... a lot of faults, but I still ended up loving it somehow.

UnagiPower

January 02, 2008, 06:29:57 PM #25 Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 06:33:18 PM by UnagiPower
Quote from: Lawlz on January 02, 2008, 06:09:15 PM

explain it please

save your money  :|

Well I didn't really give it a chance but from what I played it wasn't too fun.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on January 02, 2008, 06:28:21 PM
Well, it's extremely challenging, as the AI isn't completely retarded like some games of the time, and the bosses are exceptionally difficult. There's a lot to do, such as collecting enemy heads to unlock rewards, which does add replay value, although the game itself is huge.

There are some major downsides though... sometimes the controls are a bit laggy for instance. Also, to complete a level, you must save every Tribal hostage character, which to be honest, is a huge pain in the ass, seeing as the enemy looks to gun them down as soon as they see you. Also, to get every tribal, which is a requirement to beat the game, you will most likely have to play each level three times, as each playable character has special abilities that allow them to access secret areas. So you will definitely end up hating Tribals more than Navi in Zelda, because if one dies you have to start the level over.

In the end though, I really enjoyed the story (some clever aspects and good humor) and secrets that can be found within levels with good exploration. Its multiplayer is pretty darn fun as well, although IGN seems to hate it.

So yeah... a lot of faults, but I still ended up loving it somehow.
I hate games that are so difficult is pisses you off. It's a huge problem if the game is 2D, because that's usually because the developers are lazy asshole; but in a 2D game like Contra you know exactly what's wrong and unless it's some unavoidable attack (like everything in Super nova), it's fine.

also to tell the truth navi never bothered me at all :|

36chambers

Selkie

N64-

Rocket: Robot on Wheels (if you can find it)

NES-

Uhh, Wrecking Crew? Lucky you it's on the virtual console.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: 36 on January 02, 2008, 06:44:13 PM
robotrek for snes is hott
ahhhhhhsdklfg

It's an RPG and looks like it might be something I'm looking for, but it's not on the website I normally order it from and Estarland has it near $13. :'(

But I'll keep it in mind. I think CD Warehouse may have had it, but I assumed it was some stupid first person space shooter or something. Also, any other good RPGs?

Go Up