October 05, 2024, 03:28:48 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Game of the Year Awards from various game sites

Started by greg400, December 31, 2007, 09:50:31 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

UnagiPower

Quote from: MarioSonic44 on January 01, 2008, 02:28:10 PM
Well lets see shall we:
It perfected controls
It perfected level design
It perfected the way gravity works
It perfected the way platforming in general should work
It perfected spherical worlds
It perfected the difficulty curve in the later levels
It perfected a genre

Need I go on? :|

It's realistic, it uses real weapons and the voices are great is like saying that every single WWII shooter is great.

NICE THINGS YOU CAME UP WITH THERE LOL

just shut up.

Super Mario Galaxy was fun and leave it at that.

greg400

Quote from: UnagiPower on January 01, 2008, 02:30:42 PM
just shut up.

Super Mario Galaxy was fun and leave it at that.
I would have left it at that if he hadn't said anything. :|

Quote from: Lawlz on January 01, 2008, 02:29:37 PM
lol no

But I suppose it's the best for the Wii so far.
Well that's basically what I meant.

greg400

Quote from: CONKER on January 01, 2008, 02:31:50 PM
Sounds like Ratchet and Clank to me except Ratchet andClank is better. Call of Duty 4: MODERN WARFARE and it looked beautiful and online is great with perks and all the features.
Super Mario GALAXY

Online is basically a staple for all 360 games, and the game did look great, but if that's the best thing you can ride on, then Crysis would have fucking won game of the year.

Ratchet and Clank got like what... a 7.5 from Gamespot?

It hardly worked gravity other than jumping, the level design was sub-par, and you are running out of things to say. Ratchet and Clank or Call of Duty 4? Pick one retard.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: MarioSonic44 on January 01, 2008, 02:34:47 PM
Ratchet and Clank got like what... a 7.5 from Gamespot?

Gamespot sucks. No one cares about what they have to say.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

greg400

Quote from: Lawlz on January 01, 2008, 02:35:41 PM
Gamespot sucks. No one cares about what they have to say.
Fine gamerankings. It has somewhere in the 8's there. While Mario Galaxy is the first or second highest rated game.

LINK2K9

Portal is the game worthy of GotY. Not a sequel, inventive gameplay, genre blending (FPS and puzzle), great writing, AND it manages to create a captivating and memorable experience without relying on nostalgia or falling into the crowded "shoot em up" category.

lol lara lol

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: LINK2K9 on January 01, 2008, 02:38:35 PM
Portal is the game worthy of GotY. Not a sequel, inventive gameplay, genre blending (FPS and puzzle), great writing, AND it manages to create a captivating and memorable without relying on nostalgia or falling into the crowded "shoot em up" category.
But it's just about two hours long and leaves you with an "okay, I'm done" feeling.

greg400

Quote from: CONKER on January 01, 2008, 02:39:05 PM
Holy fucking christ. No wonder you were banned. You said Super Mario Galaxy revived platforming and listed the things that were good about it, so I mentioned that Ratchet and Clank had all of that plus gorgeous graphics. And why did you outline Galaxy? I outlined Modern Warfare because you said it was another WWii game.
Weren't you the one who tried to impersonate me faggot?

I outlined Galaxy because I felt like it :|

Ratchet and Clank did not do anything that Galaxy did other than sharing the same genre. I don't know what kind of drugs you are on when you think Ratchet and Clank is even in the same league as Mario Galaxy.

LINK2K9

Quote from: Lawlz on January 01, 2008, 02:39:52 PM
But it's just about two hours long and leaves you with an "okay, I'm done" feeling.

I do admit it was short, really it's only downfall. I don't mind too much, that was the best 2 hours I've had this entire year (in terms of gaming).

Also, lol @ SMG "revitalizing" the genre. Platforming is still condemned to cheap movie/television show tie ins and bargain bin games with the occasional diamond in the rough. I do think that comparing it to Ratchet and Clank is stupid though, SMG is soooooo much better and memorable.

lol lara lol

greg400

Quote from: LINK2K9 on January 01, 2008, 02:43:42 PM
I do admit it was short, really it's only downfall. I don't mind too much, that was the best 2 hours I've had this entire year (in terms of gaming).

Also, lol @ SMG "revitalizing" the genre. Platforming is still condemned to cheap movie/television show tie ins and bargain bin games with the occasional diamond in the rough.
I really can't remember the last really good 3D platformer until Mario Galaxy came around.

greg400

Quote from: CONKER on January 01, 2008, 02:45:30 PM
Lawlz, why isn't he a dipshit yet?  befuddlement
Oh, now you are just running out of things to say befuddlement

LINK2K9

Quote from: MarioSonic44 on January 01, 2008, 02:45:18 PM
I really can't remember the last really good 3D platformer until Mario Galaxy came around.

Exactly, it's a dying genre. Millions of platforming games won't spring up because of SMG.

Also, I feel I should mention Crackdown. It's definitely not GotY material, but it was a solid 8/10 game and was great fun when it lasted.

lol lara lol

greg400

January 01, 2008, 02:50:28 PM #43 Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 02:54:36 PM by MarioSonic44
Quote from: CONKER on January 01, 2008, 02:48:17 PM
Yes and you mentioning me telling JMV I was you isn't considered running out of things right? And outlining random things is useless and retarded.
I don't give a shit what you think is retarded or not.

And no, because I at least said something after it that was on topic.

Christ almighty, I suppose I can't even make a thread about game awards.

Daddy

Go Up