October 05, 2024, 12:11:51 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Alright, you bastards.

Started by ncba93ivyase, December 30, 2007, 02:40:30 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

I'm probably heading out to Best Buy and Target later, and I'm considering buying a game for my PSJew. Now, as you all know, I've said countless times that the PS2 has no good games at all. Well, I'm willing to let you guys prove me wrong. Give me a list of the five absolute best games on the PS2, and I might buy one of them if it's a fair price.

PROTIPS:
-If a game isn't good within 5 minutes of startup, it's shit. I'm not going to waste 15 hours until the game just starts to become mildly entertaining, because I have hundreds of other, better games to play.
-I crave an RPG, but I still say Earthbound is one of the only great ones to exist. If you're going to list an RPG, I want it to be quirky and fun, but not one of those games that try too hard to be fresh that the "humor" just sucks, as well as the rest of the game. DQ8 was okay, but oh god... boring and slow and unentertaining.
-Sneakan gaems suck. I don't want some slow penus that involves waiting around for three hours just to progress the game a bit. Some nice action, but not something that involves slamming every button thousands of times per second and causes you to die every fifteen seconds. I hate fighting games for a reason.
-I don't like Half-Life 2. If there's anything even remotely similar to it on the PS2, chances are that I'll despise it. I dislike most "YOU'RE ON THE RUN" games, FPSes, and games that don't tell you where the hell to go and leave you wandering around for hours until you finally find out you need to flip a switch.
-I adore 2D.
-Puzzles are not really my thing.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Linkjge

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Selkie

PS2 sucks bloody asshole.

Just get some Gamecube game.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Selkie on December 30, 2007, 02:45:05 PM

I would love to, but you see, GC games aren't sold anywhere unless it's just a used Disney game at Gamecrazy. There are about 10 or so GC games I'm looking for but aren't available anywhere.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Lawlz on December 30, 2007, 02:46:15 PM
I would love to, but you see, GC games aren't sold anywhere unless it's just a used Disney game at Gamecrazy. There are about 10 or so GC games I'm looking for but aren't available anywhere.
My Target still has the player's choice games out for GC

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on December 30, 2007, 02:48:25 PM
My Target still has the player's choice games out for GC
But no Eternal Darkness or Pikmin 1 or anything like that. My Target just has Cars.

Linkjge

YPrrrr

Quote from: Lawlz on December 30, 2007, 02:49:25 PM
But no Eternal Darkness or Pikmin 1 or anything like that. My Target just has Cars.
Sucks... Mine has Metrodi Prime, Pikmin, SSBM, Paper Mario, Star Fox Adventures, Pikmin 2, and Animal Crossing, along with some shitty DBZ games

Classic

Katamari Demacy 1 and 2, bitch.

ncba93ivyase

YPrrrr

If you really want to try an RPG, I'd suggest the Dark Cloud games. For some reason they seem like something you'd like, because it's a little quirky (at least imo).

Dark Cloud 2 is definitely the better of the two btw.

Selkie

Quote from: Lawlz on December 30, 2007, 02:49:25 PM

Shit thanks for reminding me I wanted to pick up Eternal Darkness.

LINK2K9

Quote from: Selkie on December 30, 2007, 02:45:05 PM

Sarcasm right?

Please tell me that's sarcasm.

lol lara lol

Classic

And Lawlz, if you can't find GCN games, why not use Amazon.com?
That's what I do.

Go Up