October 05, 2024, 03:28:53 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Upcoming wii games

Started by strongbad, December 29, 2007, 05:58:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: MarioSonic44 on December 30, 2007, 06:07:53 PM
Those complaining about the Wii's lineup should have a look at the 360's original lineup for the first two years.

There was pretty much jack shit on the 360 until Gears of War came around.
And even now, most are just inferior versions of PC games. caterpie;
Quote from: LINK2K9 on December 30, 2007, 06:11:24 PM
And it improved. The PS3's lineup is greatly improving as well.

Give me some proof the Wii's line up will change from awesome 1st party titles and POS 3rd party titles.
Nintendo's had shit for third party games since the N64 era. The N64 strived off second party, and the  GC rode solely on its glorious first party games with a fine third party game like Viewtiful Joe every few months.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

greg400

Quote from: LINK2K9 on December 30, 2007, 06:11:24 PM
And it improved. The PS3's lineup is greatly improving as well.

Give me some proof the Wii's line up will change from awesome 1st party titles and POS 3rd party titles.
How the Wii's lineup will improve: People will realize shitty ports don't sell well
People will get used to the Wii controls and make them work better
People will make overall better game after they learn how Nintendo makes Wii games

That's how it will improve. EA for instance already made a great online shooter for Wii which controls outmaster even Metroid Prime 3.

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: MarioSonic44 on December 30, 2007, 06:14:17 PM
How the Wii's lineup will improve: People will realize shitty ports don't sell well
People Will make overall better game after they learn how Nintendo makes Wii games

That's how it will improve. EA for instance already made a great online shooter for Wii which controls outmaster even Metroid Prime 3.
EA can't make good games, and how can it be great with the friendcode shit
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

greg400

Quote from: Klavier on December 30, 2007, 06:16:43 PM
EA can't make good games, and how can it be great with the friendcode shit
EA has their own online system fucktard.

It has lobbies, and no friend codes. Along with being able to add people to your friends list who you just played, and sending people messages.

LINK2K9

Quote from: MarioSonic44 on December 30, 2007, 06:14:17 PM
People Will make overall better game after they learn how Nintendo makes Wii games

I heard all of that last year and what did we get? A light gun game from Capcom as the biggest 3rd party game of the holiday season. Awesome.

It would help if people actually bought games for the Wii. 3rd parties wont put effort into the games they put out if they don't sell. The aforementioned MOH game didn't hit the top 10 in November's NPD, I doubt it barely scrapped the top 50.

When I see decent 3rd party games on the Wii coming out in a steady pattern, I'll believe it.

Quote from: Lawlz on December 30, 2007, 06:13:10 PM
And even now, most are just inferior versions of PC games. caterpie;Nintendo's had shit for third party games since the N64 era. The N64 strived off second party, and the  GC rode solely on its glorious first party games with a fine third party game like Viewtiful Joe every few months.

I am well aware of the shit 3rd parties heap onto Nintendo. It was understandable when the GCN and N64 were in last place.

lol lara lol

strongbad

Quote from: MarioSonic44 on December 30, 2007, 06:17:45 PM
EA has their own online system fucktard.

It has lobbies, and no friend codes. Along with being able to add people to your friends list who you just played, and sending people messages.

Sorry, but no voicechat+no chat at all makes online ALOT less fun.

greg400

Quote from: LINK2K9 on December 30, 2007, 06:25:36 PM
I heard all of that last year and what did we get? A light gun game from Capcom as the biggest 3rd party game of the holiday season. Awesome.

It would help if people actually bought games for the Wii. 3rd parties wont put effort into the games they put out if they don't sell. The aforementioned MOH game didn't hit the top 10 in November's NPD, I doubt it barely scrapped the top 25.

When I see decent 3rd party games on the Wii coming out in a steady pattern, I'll believe it.
I am well aware of the shit 3rd parties heap onto Nintendo. It was understandable when the GCN and N64 were in last place.
Zack and Wiki is another great 3rd party game, that had no advertisement behind it and Capcom fucked up, when they didn't put enough copies out.

If EA had advertised the game more i'm sure it would have gotten better sales. It's the companies fault.

Quote from: Strongbad007 on December 30, 2007, 06:31:16 PM
Sorry, but no voicechat+no chat at all makes online ALOT less fun.
A LOT is two words.

And I don't give a fuck what you think is fun or not. Online can still be great without some 5 year old screaming fuck you, faggot.

LINK2K9

Quote from: MarioSonic44 on December 30, 2007, 06:31:32 PM
Zack and Wiki is another great 3rd party game, that had no advertisement behind it and Capcom fucked up, when they didn't put enough copies out.

If EA had advertised the game more i'm sure it would have gotten better sales. It's the companies fault.

But do you think they're gonna see it that way? No, they're going to think "*insert game here* sold like shit, back to the shovelware".

Lack of effort=Less game sales=Even more lack of effort.

Of course, this doesn't apply all the time (see Madden), but dismal Wii software sales in America agrees.

lol lara lol

greg400

Quote from: LINK2K9 on December 30, 2007, 06:33:09 PM
But do you think they're gonna see it that way? No, they're going to think "*insert game here* sold like shit, back to the shovelware".

Lack of effort=Less game sales=Even more lack of effort.
Again, it's no one elses fault but theres for not putting out enough copies. If they want a game to sell well, christ at least put out a decent amount of copies for people to buy. Imagine if there were as many Halo 3 copies as many Zack and Wiki copies.

UnagiPower

Quote from: Lawlz on December 30, 2007, 06:13:10 PM
And even now, most are just inferior versions of PC games.  caterpie;

Inferior, but still good.  :|

strongbad

Quote from: MarioSonic44 on December 30, 2007, 06:31:32 PM
A LOT is two words.

And I don't give a fuck what you think is fun or not. Online can still be great without some 5 year old screaming fuck you, faggot.

Which is why the "Mute" option is so handy  magician;
Now a days, voice chat is a must have in online games. I couldn't imagine playing halo without being able to talk with my team mates and being able to gloat in free for alls. It isn't a necessity, but it's a huge plus.

greg400

Quote from: Strongbad007 on December 30, 2007, 06:56:16 PM
Which is why the "Mute" option is so handy  magician;
Now a days, voice chat is a must have in online games. I couldn't imagine playing halo without being able to talk with my team mates and being able to gloat in free for alls. It isn't a necessity, but it's a huge plus.
Talking to your teammates is almost as pointless as using the mute button :|

What are you gonna say to them? GET IN THE FUCKING BANSHEE, NO DONT USE THAT GUN, OH SHIT RUN... or the ever popular, pwned

Sounds like a jammin time to me. Oh wait, nevermind :|

strongbad

Well, the mute button does serve a pretty heavy purpose considering that you were complaining about screaming 5 year olds screw it up.
To be honest, I've had a great time talking to people on live and even won some games in result of it. Sure, it doesn't really change the gameplay, but it sure does increase the experience. Co-op online would be boring as fuck without being able to chat while playing it.

greg400

Quote from: Strongbad007 on December 30, 2007, 07:07:12 PM
Well, the mute button does serve a pretty heavy purpose considering that you were complaining about screaming 5 year olds screw it up.
To be honest, I've had a great time talking to people on live and even won some games in result of it. Sure, it doesn't really change the gameplay, but it sure does increase the experience. Co-op online would be boring as fuck without being able to chat while playing it.
Meh, it's a plus but not a big one.

I find online just as fun if not more without voice chat.

C.Mongler

Quote from: MarioSonic44 on December 30, 2007, 07:01:12 PM
Talking to your teammates is almost as pointless as using the mute button :|

What are you gonna say to them? GET IN THE FUCKING BANSHEE, NO DONT USE THAT GUN, OH SHIT RUN... or the ever popular, pwned

Sounds like a jammin time to me. Oh wait, nevermind :|

palying TF2 is a lot more successful with voice chat

Go Up