Any other christians who question the bible?

Started by FULL_METAL_RYDER2, December 29, 2007, 11:26:05 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

FULL_METAL_RYDER2

I do. Like the creation of the world, and evolution... everyone in my family seems to believe in it blindly, and I feel like I'm some sort of sinner because I don't believe blindly in everything the bible says, especially since it tends to contradict itself. I always pretend to blindly follow it, but I'm not totally sure... I believe in god, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to believe everything the bible says.

Does that make me a bad Christian ?

YPrrrr

No, personally, I'd say it allows you to be a better one. Those who unquestioningly follow something are prone to make stupid decisions because of it. It seems that those who follow it to a tee are often the ones who persecute those who they deem to live damnable lifestyles, and ironically by doing so are violating God's word themselves.

If you find yourself questioning it then you can better decide what it really means, and since you yourself have those questions it allows you to be more accepting towards those with their own views on the Bible as well as different controversial subjects in life in general.

guff

Quote from: Rydermongler on December 29, 2007, 11:26:05 AM
I believe in god, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to believe everything the bible says.
so how do you decide on what to believe

FULL_METAL_RYDER2

Quote from: Commodore Guff on December 29, 2007, 11:58:14 AM
so how do you decide on what to believe
I don't, I believe things in the bible, but I question some of it.

FAMY2

No it doesn't.   God doesn't want people to follow blindly.  We have a brain for a reason, at least IMO.

Houdini

Knig

Surprisingly, that is my exact standpoint as a Catholic as well. However, I tend to entirely lose faith at times. Why should we take the scribbles of ancient men as the word of God? And then there are all of these practices the Roman Catholic Church tries to enforce that really have no solid foundation to begin with.

Houdini

Quote from: Rycerz on December 29, 2007, 09:32:08 PM
Surprisingly, that is my exact standpoint as a Catholic as well. However, I tend to entirely lose faith at times. Why should we take the scribbles of ancient men as the word of God? And then there are all of these practices the Roman Catholic Church tries to enforce that really have no solid foundation to begin with.
So, why do you even bother being a Catholic?

Daddy

don't let's

December 30, 2007, 11:57:37 AM #9 Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 11:07:55 PM by LiveOnTheEdge
Quote from: JMV290 on December 30, 2007, 12:15:37 AM
Those wafers might taste good.
Most/all Christian churches have communion not just catholics.

sans culottes

I'm sorta Catholic.

But I sorta ain't.

I don't really believe in everything the bible says. Some of it is God's word, some of it is man's.
I support BUSH

guff

Quote from: Co-Z on December 30, 2007, 02:24:33 PM
I don't really believe in everything the bible says. Some of it is God's word, some of it is man's.
how do you distinguish between the two

heltar

Has anybody read Revelations in it's entirety?
I myself enjoy reading the Bible, but I'm not sure what to follow.

Knig

Quote from: Houdini on December 29, 2007, 10:49:24 PM
So, why do you even bother being a Catholic?

I'm a Catholic more for the sense of community it has. And I'm partly brainwashed into following it, having practiced it for my entire life thus far.

sans culottes

There's some things that are too stupid to be something God made.

Like smiting fags.
I support BUSH

Go Up