September 22, 2024, 04:24:39 PM

1,531,320 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Playing as a character of the opposite gender

Started by bluaki, December 19, 2007, 09:53:08 AM

previous topic - next topic

Does it bother you?

Yes, I can't stand playing as a character of the opposite gender
0 (0%)
Yes, I somewhat mind though not very much
1 (4.8%)
Not at all, I don't care what gender my character is
10 (47.6%)
I don't mind but I do prefer to play as my own gender
5 (23.8%)
Only in certain games
3 (14.3%)
Absolutely not, I prefer to play as a character of the opposite gender
2 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Go Down

bluaki

December 19, 2007, 09:53:08 AM Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 02:18:01 PM by bluaki
For some reason, it doesn't bother me at all in Mario, Sonic, the early Pokemon games, Zelda, etc. but it just seems weird playing as a boy in games that ask "are you a boy or a girl" (especially Harvest Moon >_>)...

KonohaShinobi

i don't really care what gender i am/choose. like, in pokemon emerald i chose the female because she looked cooler.

bluaki

Quote from: Return of the Hustler on December 19, 2007, 09:55:48 AM
i don't really care what gender i am/choose. like, in pokemon emerald i chose the female because she looked cooler.
Personally, I disliked the appearance of May in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.
Seriously, what is up with that hair? gonk;

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Kalahari Inkantation

Doesn't matter what gender the person is to me, as long as I like the game. powerofone;

Infel

I don't honestly care. I don't ever even do it to masturbate to what would technically be myself, like a lot of people I know.

Wrench

The artist formally known

I don't care, when I play a game I really thing the main character as someone else, I don't ever ever feel as if I am the main character, I just feel as if I am his/her puppet master

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: reefer on December 19, 2007, 03:52:32 PM
I don't care, when I play a game I really thing the main character as someone else, I don't ever ever feel as if I am the main character, I just feel as if I am his/her puppet master

What about Metroid Prime 3?

Quote from: Return of the Hustler on December 19, 2007, 03:53:53 PM
What about Metroid Prime 3?
You bring up a good point, first person games I feel like I'm the character so I don't really notice that I'm playing a video game if I get really into it until you see Samus' reflection.

I guess if I see the character on screen I feel like I'm their puppet master but if it's a first person game I don't notice at all really.

Himu

My parents make fun of my brother and I if we dont pick a character of our same gender. :|

ncba93ivyase

When given the option, I always choose a girl. Ever since it was possible back in Crystal I think I've been using girls.

Only time I'd prefer a guy is if he's some complete badass with axes and armor made of  fresh bear carcasses.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Infel

Quote from: reefer on December 19, 2007, 04:07:25 PM
You bring up a good point, first person games I feel like I'm the character so I don't really notice that I'm playing a video game if I get really into it until you see Samus' reflection.

I guess if I see the character on screen I feel like I'm their puppet master but if it's a first person game I don't notice at all really.
You forgot 1 and 2. And even then, I don't notice. Never notice for the damn 2D games males neglect either. I'm controlling them, that's all that matters. If it's some mystery and you get to choose, you get to be them, big whoop.
Quote from: Lawlz on December 19, 2007, 04:38:18 PM
When given the option, I always choose a girl. Ever since it was possible back in Crystal I think I've been using girls.

Only time I'd prefer a guy is if he's some complete badass with axes and armor made of  fresh bear carcasses.
OH GOD YOU PLAYED AS EGGMAN?! gonk;

bluaki

I always choose girl whenever given the choice except in Harvest Moon games where I make one file for each gender. I wish there were mods/hacks for homosexual marriage edumacate;

I had both pearl and diamond. one game was a boy and the other was a girl

Go Up