September 19, 2024, 09:05:34 AM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

No school today.

Started by NOA_Haunted, December 11, 2007, 06:21:43 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

NOA_Haunted

Because it is raining and under 32 degrees. It all started as a 2 hour delay then right before we left the house my mom saw that it said canceled.

Samus Aran

I have to go to my writing class for about 5 minutes to turn in my final paper, then to my FYE class to take a joke of a final exam that's open-book/open-notes.

Actually, today is the last day of classes. I didn't realize that until earlier this morning. I keep forgetting that there are no classes once the first exam day starts, which is tomorrow.

Oh, and in high school, we never got the day off for that sort of thing. The road workers were always pretty fast in salting the roads once they started getting icy in the morning, not to mention that our school seemed to like taking risks.

NOA_Haunted

Quote from: Speedykaz on December 11, 2007, 06:24:48 AM
I have to go to my writing class for about 5 minutes to turn in my final paper, then to my FYE class to take a joke of a final exam that's open-book/open-notes.

Actually, today is the last day of classes. I didn't realize that until earlier this morning. I keep forgetting that there are no classes once the first exam day starts, which is tomorrow.

Oh, and in high school, we never got the day off for that sort of thing. The road workers were always pretty fast in salting the roads once they started getting icy in the morning, not to mention that our school seemed to like taking risks.
Our school is cautious this year we had school on a snow storm a couple weeks ago, and a whole bunch of buses crashed and one fell in a ditch, and there were ons of people in ditches. So many kids came late that day. 

me003

Me too, I just have to finish a take home final that's due at 3:30, which I didn't do, so I'm staying home...
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

Daddy

I skipped my English final.  befuddlement

Samus Aran

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Speedykaz on December 11, 2007, 10:56:55 AM
...why'd you do that?
because he knew he couldn't compare to the king of english

me spam;

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Samus Aran

Quote from: Lawlz on December 11, 2007, 10:57:59 AM

me spam;

okay we know you don't make typos that often

quit acting like that makes you good at english

Daddy

Quote from: Lawlz on December 11, 2007, 10:57:59 AM

me spam;
Lawlz'

you fail at showing ownership

Tomboh

Quote from: xXTheHaunted on December 11, 2007, 06:21:43 AM
Because it is raining and under 32 degrees.
I most certainly will not reply to this post with a single smiley. I will write out sentences that explain why the bolded worth quoting.

You see, rain turns to freezing/frozen precipitation if the temperature is below 32. Therefore, it cannot be raining and below 32 degrees at the same time.

Thank you for your time, Boyah.

(:|)

Daddy

Quote from: Punta Tombo on December 11, 2007, 01:11:43 PM
I most certainly will not reply to this post with a single smiley. I will write out sentences that explain why the bolded worth quoting.

You see, rain turns to freezing/frozen precipitation if the temperature is below 32.

Not always.   It's rained below 32 and it's snowed above 32 before.

bluaki

Quote from: Punta Tombo on December 11, 2007, 01:11:43 PM

You see, rain turns to freezing/frozen precipitation if the temperature is below 32. Therefore, it cannot be raining and below 32 degrees at the same time.

Thank you for your time, Boyah.

What is high-salt content? Nonpure rain can still be liquid below 32F/0C

Tomboh

Quote from: bluaki on December 11, 2007, 01:14:17 PM
What is high-salt content? Nonpure rain can still be liquid below 32F/0C
um most salt stays down when water evaporates. u ever do that experiment in like 4th grade?

thats why when your on a boat in ocean and it rains, the water is fresh water

Quote from: JMV290 on December 11, 2007, 01:13:40 PM
Not always.   It's rained below 32 and it's snowed above 32 before.
ya is can when its a little above or a little below, but unless by "under 32" Xxhaunted meant "31.5 degrees", then it wasnt under 32 degrees or it wasnt snowing.

Daddy

Quote from: Punta Tombo on December 11, 2007, 01:20:05 PM

ya is can when its a little above or a little below, but unless by "under 32" Xxhaunted meant "31.5 degrees", then it wasnt under 32 degrees or it wasnt snowing.

It can be even lower than that. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freezing_rain
The entire atmosphere isn't a single temperature.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Punta Tombo on December 11, 2007, 01:20:05 PM
um most salt stays down when water evaporates. u ever do that experiment in like 4th grade?

thats why when your on a boat in ocean and it rains, the water is fresh water

Maybe it's warmer in the upper parts of the atmosphere, and doesn't have time to freeze...

Nah.

Go Up