October 03, 2024, 03:31:34 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Pokemon Snap coming to the VC next monday.

Started by Geno, December 05, 2007, 06:56:36 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Quote from: reefer on December 05, 2007, 11:52:25 PM
Possible but I'll never see snow Pokemon where I live

Which is why you'd just have to have different areas designated to different kinds of Pokemon, unfortunately.

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: steal on December 05, 2007, 11:34:50 PM
Too bad Nintendo will never make a game that ambitious.

The Wii itself was a huge gamble.

Gambit17

Fuck you kaz, you made me want snap for wii as if it's actually going to happen.  gonk;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Gambit17 on December 06, 2007, 12:32:29 PM
Fuck you kaz, you made me want snap for wii as if it's actually going to happen.  gonk;

Seriously, that game would be so badass if it was real. I'd buy in a heartbeat.

The artist formally known

MMORPG POKEMON GAME THAT ALLOWS YOU TO SNAP PICTURES OF POKEMON

FUCK

Gambit17

Quote from: Speedykaz on December 06, 2007, 12:33:14 PM
Seriously, that game would be so badass if it was real. I'd buy in a heartbeat.

With the features that you listed, plus more that the devs would thunk up, I agree. Pokemon snap was the game that gave gamers a better sense of the pokemon world. Not just the stat bases, and the move sets, and the evolutions. I'm talking about geological environments and habitats. It allowed players to be like "omg that's a charmeleon bathing in lava, or shi- i just made him evolve lol"

It was only 64 graphics, but it was totally awesome to immerse myself into the kanto region. I felt like I was actually delving into the game and interacting with the pogemanz.

Now, being able to free roam and take snap shots would be awesome as well. I've always like the style of Jurassic park, in the sense that there were all these ways to view and observe the dinoasurs. Pokemon snap could easily incorporate something like that into taking pictures. Like carts that hang above ground on lines, or maybe facilities put under an ocean or lake with windows as to catch water pokemon. Shit like that would be fucking awesome, I gotta say.

And I agree with the pokemon roster. Every pokemon should be made available. And you should get extra points for stuff like getting a close up of a baby khanskahn (sp whatever) or catching a pair of pokemon fucking, anything like that. Shit wub;

Also you should be able to anger pokemon, and make them fight amongst each other.  china;

Gambit17

Quote from: reefer on December 06, 2007, 01:04:15 PM
MMORPG POKEMON GAME THAT ALLOWS YOU TO SNAP PICTURES OF POKEMON

FUCK

MMORPG would imply grinding a single character up to the highest level, and decking it out with Epic gear. Also cllasses and class spec. Gotta have those different classes with different ways to play.  orks;

Quote from: Gambit17 on December 06, 2007, 01:04:35 PM
With the features that you listed, plus more that the devs would thunk up, I agree. Pokemon snap was the game that gave gamers a better sense of the pokemon world. Not just the stat bases, and the move sets, and the evolutions. I'm talking about geological environments and habitats. It allowed players to be like "omg that's a charmeleon bathing in lava, or shi- i just made him evolve lol"

It was only 64 graphics, but it was totally awesome to immerse myself into the kanto region. I felt like I was actually delving into the game and interacting with the pogemanz.

Now, being able to free roam and take snap shots would be awesome as well. I've always like the style of Jurassic park, in the sense that there were all these ways to view and observe the dinoasurs. Pokemon snap could easily incorporate something like that into taking pictures. Like carts that hang above ground on lines, or maybe facilities put under an ocean or lake with windows as to catch water pokemon. Shit like that would be fucking awesome, I gotta say.

And I agree with the pokemon roster. Every pokemon should be made available. And you should get extra points for stuff like getting a close up of a baby khanskahn (sp whatever) or catching a pair of pokemon fucking, anything like that. Shit wub;

Also you should be able to anger pokemon, and make them fight amongst each other.  china;

I remember Pokemon Snap to see the pokemon finally in 3D. I only played Blue and Red like crazy but had a hard time seeing the scale of all of the Pokemon.

Also Pokemon Snap scale was all over the place sometimes. Bell sprouts were pretty big in that game compared to how big they're supposed to be as I remember.

Quote from: Gambit17 on December 06, 2007, 01:06:38 PM
MMORPG would imply grinding a single character up to the highest level, and decking it out with Epic gear. Also cllasses and class spec. Gotta have those different classes with different ways to play.  orks;
You'd level up your pokemon, not yourself.

Just throwing epic ideas we can only dream about out there.

Samus Aran

Quote from: reefer on December 06, 2007, 01:08:09 PM
I remember Pokemon Snap to see the pokemon finally in 3D. I only played Blue and Red like crazy but had a hard time seeing the scale of all of the Pokemon.

Also Pokemon Snap scale was all over the place sometimes. Bell sprouts were pretty big in that game compared to how big they're supposed to be as I remember.

Yeah, and some of the placements of the Pokemon didn't really make any sense. I especially wonder what Porygon was doing where he was.

Quote from: Speedykaz on December 06, 2007, 01:10:29 PM
Yeah, and some of the placements of the Pokemon didn't really make any sense. I especially wonder what Porygon was doing where he was.
Porygon seems like he'd be in some alternate demesion all the time, not on normal Earth  psyduck;

lol spelling

Geno

Quote from: Speedykaz on December 06, 2007, 01:10:29 PM
lol he was in a bush.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Go Up