June 07, 2024, 06:27:39 PM

1,531,631 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

You know what I'm going to miss?

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, November 24, 2007, 10:25:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

The old 2D graphics and low-quality songs of the old 2D systems. They'll soon be long gone since even the handhelds today can handle 3D graphics and realistic-sounding music. The future will be 100% high-quality. :(
Anyone else going to miss that?

Samus Aran

No, because I keep old systems and still buy old games for those systems, so I won't be losing that experience.

bluaki

What is... Wii Virtual Console? pseudo;

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Speedykaz on November 24, 2007, 10:27:14 PM
No, because I keep old systems and still buy old games for those systems, so I won't be losing that experience.

Yeah, but eventually you'll run out of those games to buy. ;-;

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: bluaki on November 24, 2007, 10:29:03 PM
What is... Wii Virtual Console? pseudo;

You'll just be playing the same games again. psyduck;
What I'm saying is, not many new games will be made with low-quality music and 2D graphics. :(

bluaki

Quote from: PHANTOM PHANTRON on November 24, 2007, 10:30:17 PM
You'll just be playing the same games again. psyduck;
What I'm saying is, not many new games will be made with low-quality music and 2D graphics. :(
Low-quality music? What's so bad about high-quality with music? psyduck;

Also, I doubt that 2D will ever be entirely phased out. Most of it might be upped to 2.5D (2D engine with 3D appearance or something of the sort) but still not all. Many games work better with 2D than 3D. Is Super Paper Mario a close enough example for you?

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: bluaki on November 24, 2007, 10:34:22 PM

Also, I doubt that 2D will ever be entirely phased out. Most of it might be upped to 2.5D (2D engine with 3D appearance or something of the sort) but still not all. Many games work better with 2D than 3D. Is Super Paper Mario a close enough example for you?
Super Paper Mario sucks.

As do most 2.5D games.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

bluaki

Quote from: Lawlz on November 24, 2007, 10:36:56 PM
Super Paper Mario sucks.

As do most 2.5D games.
...Pokemon Diamond/Pearl?
Okay, fine edumacate;

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: bluaki on November 24, 2007, 10:34:22 PM

I never said that high-quality music is bad. psyduck;
It's just that the low-quality music has a certain..."electronic" charm to it, if you can understand what I mean.
I should've explained myself better, by 2D, I meant those old games with 8-16 bit graphics, not really like Paper Mario. I guess what I'm trying to say is, those old 2D games from the past have such a different graphical and musical style to them, and now that we have this incredible technology, we won't be seeing too  much of that style anymore. ;-;
I'm not complaining about today's high-quality games at all. Really, all I'm doing is complaining about how I'll miss the style of yesterday's games.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: bluaki on November 24, 2007, 10:38:01 PM
...Pokemon Diamond/Pearl?
Okay, fine edumacate;
Fine, but it wasn't as addicting as Gold and Silver.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

The artist formally known

I know. I'll miss new consoles doing it. I hope they continue with games like Odin Sphere and Viewtiful Joe

Go Up