Official Rock Band Impressions Thread (I've posted pictures)

Started by The artist formally known, November 20, 2007, 12:46:39 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Tomboh

Quote from: reefer on November 20, 2007, 07:47:32 PM
(while playing guitar hero you play keyboard and bass parts EVEN THOUGH you're the guitarist just because they want the game to be fun not just realistic)
um, i believe the bass plays the bass part

i dunno about the keyboard but maybe

The artist formally known

Quote from: Title on November 20, 2007, 07:56:12 PM
in guitar games like that how exactly is the little strum bar used
When you put your fingers on the frets it doesn't PLAY the note until you strum it as well. So you have to use your four fingers on your left hand to play five buttons and your right hand strums the notes. I do like the game a lot because it's a lot of hand eye coordination which most games do not have.

unwelc0med

Quote from: Unwelc0med on November 20, 2007, 08:54:47 PM
are you better at guitar hero or rock band?
So far Guitar Hero because I've played it the most. Rock Band isn't the exact same thing, even the guitar you need to get used to because hammer-ons and offs are hard to see since they've changed it from GH3. I wish they made them easier to see but whatever.

I had a hard time strumming as I've already stated but next time I play I plan on using the GH3 controller until I get used to the visual difference then advancing on to the Rock Band guitar so I can get used to the strum

unwelc0med

Quote from: reefer on November 20, 2007, 08:57:35 PM
So far Guitar Hero because I've played it the most. Rock Band isn't the exact same thing, even the guitar you need to get used to because hammer-ons and offs are hard to see since they've changed it from GH3. I wish they made them easier to see but whatever.

I had a hard time strumming as I've already stated but next time I play I plan on using the GH3 controller until I get used to the visual difference then advancing on to the Rock Band guitar so I can get used to the strum

i suck ass at both gonk;

Wrench

Game is awesome. The guitar sucked so much cock though.

Might be getting it next year.  caterpie;

Quote from: WrenchNinja on November 20, 2007, 09:13:58 PM
Game is awesome. The guitar sucked so much cock though.

Might be getting it next year.  caterpie;
I like the guitar a lot and good thing you can use the GH3 guitar because now I have all five instruments you need.

Wrench

Quote from: reefer on November 20, 2007, 09:16:38 PM
I like the guitar a lot and good thing you can use the GH3 guitar because now I have all five instruments you need.

It didn't feel right. Felt kinda rubbery(?) and cheap. Good thing was that it didn't click.

Much rather prefer a GH3 controller. It was more comfortable IMO.

THE DRUMS WERE FUCKING AWESOME THOUGH

If anyone who is getting the PS3 version is wondering the GH3 controllers do not work on Rock Band.

But this doesn't apply to 360 owners. My GH3 controller works with Rock Band. No news on the PS2 versions but I think GH1 and GH2 controllers will work but not know if GH3 controllers will.

Explorer works with Rock Band too. And just for everyone who wants to know Rock band's guitar doesn't work on Guitar Hero 3, at least for the 360 version but I'm sure it doesn't work on any version of GH3.

Red means doesn't work, green means does work, white means I have no idea.

I made it.

The Oggmonster

Quote from: reefer on November 20, 2007, 09:27:59 PM
If anyone who is getting the PS3 version is wondering the GH3 controllers do not work on Rock Band.

But this doesn't apply to 360 owners. My GH3 controller works with Rock Band. No news on the PS2 versions but I think GH1 and GH2 controllers will work but not know if GH3 controllers will.

Explorer works with Rock Band too. And just for everyone who wants to know Rock band's guitar doesn't work on Guitar Hero 3, at least for the 360 version but I'm sure it doesn't work on any version of GH3.

Red means doesn't work, green means does work, white means I have no idea.

I made it.

Fuck I dont want to buy another guitar now  for guitar hero III.
"And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. "

Quote from: The Oggmonster on November 20, 2007, 10:11:17 PM
Fuck I dont want to buy another guitar now  for guitar hero III.
Wait til Guitar Hero 4 comes out

Also Rock Band's vocals you can do while playing the bass, guitar or drums, the clapping is optional.

hotlikesauce.

Well...

I'm obviously getting rock band, but i have a problem with it...

MY first time playing rock band, i played drums on expert, and nailed it almost perfectly...

Thats the problem. It emulates the real experience....

Then we'll just see little drummer posers everywhere, which takes away creidibility of drummers like me...

REAL ones...

Quote from: M!ppo on November 21, 2007, 08:59:44 AM
Well...

I'm obviously getting rock band, but i have a problem with it...

MY first time playing rock band, i played drums on expert, and nailed it almost perfectly...

Thats the problem. It emulates the real experience....

Then we'll just see little drummer posers everywhere, which takes away creidibility of drummers like me...

REAL ones...
Really? You got expert down first try? My brother couldn't and he does play the drums, he's been in a band for a while now and has been on the radio and stuff, not just some garage band.

YPrrrr

Guitar: Like it better than GH's... I always hated the clicking, and I can play much better with the RB controller

Drums: Great, but I suck with the foot pedal gonk;

Mic: Works great, and singing is fun

Sucks that I can't use the GH controller with it though psyduck;

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on November 21, 2007, 02:34:07 PM
Guitar: Like it better than GH's... I always hated the clicking, and I can play much better with the RB controller

Drums: Great, but I suck with the foot pedal gonk;

Mic: Works great, and singing is fun

Sucks that I can't use the GH controller with it though psyduck;
Unless it's the PS3 GH3 controller, you can.

Go Up