October 03, 2024, 03:27:24 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Official Rock Band Impressions Thread (I've posted pictures)

Started by The artist formally known, November 20, 2007, 12:46:39 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The artist formally known

Rock Band comes out today so I'll be posting some images of me playing it unless Gamestop sells my copy. My friend reserved it for me under some special reserve. She works there so it's pretty guaranteed that I'll get it today.

Can't play the full thing til Christmas for it is a gift but I'll be posting pictures of every controller in this thread in this post before than so check back and be sure to wish me and Milad good luck in getting this game tomorrow. I convinced my mom that the controllers may be defected so I have to test them. (Which is true... my friend's GH3 controller is broken and so was my other brother's)

Guitar Hero 3 versus Rock Band

USB Hub

The microphone is actually pretty nice, it's pretty heavy and doesn't feel cheap

I don't actually own GH1 or GH2 for Xbox 360, my friends gave me their boxes

And I tried Rock Band's controller on GH3 and it doesn't work. But GH3's controller works on Rock Band.

Placebo Headwound

I'll be picking it up on my way home from school tomorrow if I can find it. I didn't reserve it. ;_;

YPrrrr

I played mine for about 30 minutes, drums are very very hard at first even for my brother that is a drummer, it's quite hard to get used to them. The guitar for Rock Band is awesome except I already hate the strum bar because it's quite hard to strum twice unless you're a double picker which in that case you'll love the new guitar but otherwise you may just want to use your GH3 guitar if you have one.

Soon I'll post pictures.

Placebo Headwound

Drumming is fun as hell, but takes time to get used to. I literally kept forgetting where the buttons were when I first tried. gonk;

Singing pretty much kicked my ass. burned;

Quote from: Thief888 on November 20, 2007, 04:37:06 PM
Drumming is fun as hell, but takes time to get used to. I literally kept forgetting where the buttons were when I first tried. gonk;

Singing pretty much kicked my ass. burned;
Didn't try singing yet but my mom took away my copy because I had to do choirs so I won't get it back for a while. At least I got my Wii Zapper

NOA_Haunted

UnagiPower

Quote from: UnagiPower on November 20, 2007, 05:40:03 PM
Drum set looks awesome!  caterpie;
I like it but too bad the d-pad is horrible, oh well you don't really need that d-pad

Tomboh

I tryed the Rock Band guitar mode at Best  Buy a few days ago.

I was disappointed.

UnagiPower

Quote from: Punta Tombo on November 20, 2007, 07:14:59 PM

I was disappointed.

Of course, the main focus is multiplayer what not. Also the guitar part was dumbed down in difficulty. I'm mainly hyped for it for the drum part.  caterpie;

Quote from: Punta Tombo on November 20, 2007, 07:14:59 PM

I was disappointed.
The guitar is better looking yeah but the game can't focus on guitar (while playing guitar hero you play keyboard and bass parts EVEN THOUGH you're the guitarist just because they want the game to be fun not just realistic) this game is different, it makes the guitar play guitar only.

Also I think I wish the strum of the Rock Band guitar wasn't as gay, I like the shape but it's hard to hit the same note over and over without double picking which I'm not used to. I probably just need to get used to it.

YPrrrr

Title27GT

in guitar games like that how exactly is the little strum bar used

Go Up