July 04, 2024, 09:26:42 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

My impressions on playing Ikaruga

Started by The artist formally known, November 15, 2007, 09:24:04 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The artist formally known

Jesus Christ that game kicks ass, at first the game seems very shallow but after watching the tutorial (plays when you're not playing the game, I didn't go into it) it's very deep for a shooter. If you've seen videos, you turn black or white, if you're shot with the opposite color you die, if you're shot with the same color you collect power for a bomb attack which is very useful. Shoot the same type of ship and your score multiplier goes up and so does your bomb color.

Me and my friend got to chapter 2 on normal but died shortly after. I beat the first three or so bosses on hard. Games fun as hell and really is challenging, Lawlz, if you buy one game again, make it this one.

Samus Aran

I'm hoping to get it for Christmas or my birthday. It was on my list, but I'm not guaranteed to get it. I sure as hell hope I'll get it, though.

Quote from: Kazakhstan on November 15, 2007, 09:26:31 PM
I'm hoping to get it for Christmas or my birthday. It was on my list, but I'm not guaranteed to get it. I sure as hell hope I'll get it, though.
It's quite expensive for a older game, my friend bought it for $42 on ebay though he used buy it now so you can probably get it for $35 complete & shipped.

Samus Aran

Quote from: reefer on November 15, 2007, 09:27:55 PM
It's quite expensive for a older game, my friend bought it for $42 on ebay though he used buy it now so you can probably get it for $35 complete & shipped.

The one I was looking at was $40. It's not too much. If I don't get it as a gift I'll probably buy it myself.

Quote from: Kazakhstan on November 15, 2007, 09:29:40 PM
The one I was looking at was $40. It's not too much. If I don't get it as a gift I'll probably buy it myself.
Not bad, where at? Games a little shallow for $40 but my favorite top down 2D shooter so far. Bosses are awesome but I can't beat the 2nd chapter, at least for the 2 hours I've played the game.

The first chapter on hard mode is actually beatable for me, it's a lot more pleasing beating it in hard mode and the game is very forgiving when trying to dodge attacks.

Quote from: steal on November 15, 2007, 09:34:24 PM
I've been looking around for that game for years, but I've never been able to track down a copy. It looks awesome though.
eBay is the only place I've seen it at, never at a game store or anywhere ever.

Amazon.com has it for sale if you're not allowed to use eBay but they charge a little more.

Quote from: steal on November 15, 2007, 09:36:36 PM
I'm not allowed to buy anything online. :'(
You'll never play the game then unless you pirate the game off of the internet from your school and play it on a version 1 dreamcast.

Or do what I did and got a debt card and bought things for myself

Samus Aran

Quote from: reefer on November 15, 2007, 09:32:01 PM
Not bad, where at? Games a little shallow for $40 but my favorite top down 2D shooter so far. Bosses are awesome but I can't beat the 2nd chapter, at least for the 2 hours I've played the game.

The first chapter on hard mode is actually beatable for me, it's a lot more pleasing beating it in hard mode and the game is very forgiving when trying to dodge attacks.

Nevermind, it's gone now. It was on Amazon. Lowest price now is $43.99, and it's a "good" rating one.

Quote from: Kazakhstan on November 15, 2007, 09:41:05 PM
Nevermind, it's gone now. It was on Amazon. Lowest price now is $43.99, and it's a "good" rating one.
I bet you could bid on something from eBay for $35  caterpie;

Samus Aran

November 15, 2007, 09:47:10 PM #9 Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 09:53:23 PM by Kazakhstan
Quote from: reefer on November 15, 2007, 09:43:31 PM
I bet you could bid on something from eBay for $35  caterpie;

Can't use my Amazon gift card on eBay. navi;

Wait...shit, I think Amazon cards only work on stuff bought directly from Amazon. I didn't even think of that.

Oh well, I'd still buy it.

Go Up