For those of you who have ever read the Bible, or some of it...

Started by Himu, November 15, 2007, 06:06:04 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Himu

Have you ever found any contradictions to it?  For example, if incest was a sin, then Adam and Eve's children were destined to sin for that would have been the only way to reproduce.  And God being a "loving" and "knowing" God, wouldnt make that big of a mistake.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I never saw an answer to that question in the Bible.

YPrrrr

Daddy

There are many

Here is a post I made elsewhere.
Quote from: Tom_Riddle11 God said, "Let the earth produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants, and fruit trees on earth, bearing fruit with their seed inside, each corresponding to its own species." And so it was.

12 The earth produced vegetation: the various kinds of seed-bearing plants and the fruit trees with seed inside, each corresponding to its own species. God saw that it was good.

--Clipped for ease--

24 God said, "Let the earth produce every kind of living creature in its own species: cattle, creeping things and wild animals of all kinds." And so it was.

25 God made wild animals in their own species, and cattle in theirs, and every creature that crawls along the earth in its own species. God saw that it was good.

26 God said, "Let us make man in our own image, in the likeness of ourselves, and let them be masters of the fish of the sea, the birds of heaven, the cattle, all the wild animals and all the creatures that creep along the ground." Notice the word ourselves. I didn't know you believed in multiple gods. Really, it was written this way because people of the time did believe that. They just thought that their one god was the greatest and most powerful. a bit of history for you.
[glow=red,2,300]
27 God created man in the image of himself, in the image of God he created him, male and female he created them.
[/glow]what happened to the rib thing here? feel free to explain with more apples if you want, but i already know what you are going to say.
I'm going to expand on Tom_Riddle's point to show even more questionable stuff in the bible.

First I'd like to point out the order provided in the first chapter.

1)Plants
2)Animals
[glow=red,2,300]3)Man and Woman, at the same time[/glow]

And Chapter 2:

5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

--Blah blah blah just stuff about the garden--

18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.

21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

Notice the order here

1 Plants
2 Adam(man)
3 Animals
4 Eve(Woman)

Now let's recap

Chapter 1:
Plants
Animals
Man & Woman

Chapter 2
Plants
Man
Animals
Woman

They only agree that Plants came first.   Other than that they contradict each other.

edit: made yellow something more readable.

Gman61

YPrrrr

Quote from: Gman61 on November 15, 2007, 07:08:09 PM
I read it and have never found any contradictions.
... Maybe you should read it again.

Old Testament God contradicts the New Testament God quite a bit

Gman61

Jesus died so he could intercede for us to god. After he died he plead our cases to god. So god is much more merciful in the NT

YPrrrr

Quote from: Gman61 on November 15, 2007, 07:17:50 PM
Jesus died so he could intercede for us to god. After he died he plead our cases to god. So god is much more merciful in the NT
But shouldn't God already know that since he's all knowing?

Gman61

Daddy

Quote from: Gman61 on November 15, 2007, 07:23:12 PM
Of course he knew. but he waited till the action to do it
Because he wanted to create suspense mirite

Samus Aran

Quote from: JMV290 on November 15, 2007, 07:23:58 PM
Because he wanted to create suspense mirite

Well yeah, any good science fiction novel needs some cliffhangers.

YPrrrr

Yeah, just because Catholicism is my faith doesn't mean I don't question things like these...

Samus Aran

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on November 15, 2007, 07:30:10 PM
Yeah, just because Catholicism is my faith doesn't mean I don't question things like these...

Which is one thing I like about Christians like you. I don't think it's healthy to believe in something blindly. You have to leave it open for some sort of questioning.

Gman61

If you are trying to provoke me it won't work. I don't pretend to know everything. I simply say what i know. I'm sorry if my bieng a christian offends people. I don't se why it would because your choices don't offend me. I am proud to have a personl realationship with God and I'm sorry if that makes you mad or uncomfortable. I never asked youto believe it but it would be nice if you respected other peoples views.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Gman61 on November 15, 2007, 07:34:23 PM
If you are trying to provoke me it won't work. I don't pretend to know everything. I simply say what i know. I'm sorry if my bieng a christian offends people. I don't se why it would because your choices don't offend me. I am proud to have a personl realationship with God and I'm sorry if that makes you mad or uncomfortable. I never asked youto believe it but it would be nice if you respected other peoples views.

...where did you pull all that from? Nobody is mad or offended by you being a Christian. psyduck;

Gman61

Well when you make fun of it and call it a science fiction book...

Go Up