May 08, 2024, 06:14:44 AM

1,531,622 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Bushy

Quote from: Tomboh on February 02, 2008, 08:34:35 PM
Days of Ruin is hard. :(
I can't get past like... the mission where Beast gets help form that creepy guy :(
@pokemonyewest on Twitter

The artist formally known

Quote from: Captain Yesterday on February 03, 2008, 05:11:44 PM
Just beat Phoenix Wright Justice for All.

Currently playing: Phoenix Wright Trials and Tribulations.
The 3rd one is absolutely the best.  wub;

I got to level 2 on Raiden III and died and then played Zone of Enders 2nd Run and jesus that games fucking awesome.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: reefer on February 04, 2008, 01:42:49 PM
The 3rd one is absolutely the best.  wub;

I got to level 2 on Raiden III and died and then played Zone of Enders 2nd Run and jesus that games fucking awesome.
I got to level 6 in Raiden III and died.

I don't know how many levels there are, but I might have a friend work with me tomorrow to beat it.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Quote from: steal on February 04, 2008, 03:42:13 PM
srsly

I'm so glad I finally got my hands on it. The controls are kind of confusing at first, but you get the hang of it fast.
Controls are just all over the place. everything is pretty easy to get except moving. Jesus it's hard to move.

Quote from: steal on February 04, 2008, 04:03:19 PM
Going up and down with X and triangle confused the shit out of me, and it's just really hard to navigate in that area where you have to rescue the guy trapped in the box and carry him around because the rooms all look the same. It's a gorgeous game though, especially for the PS2, and the combat is fun as hell when you start dashing around and knocking enemies into each other and stuff
I stopped on that mission because I couldn't easily move up and down and then died later ;_;

I love the graphics, they're almost cellshaded.

My friend traded me my R4 for Ikuaruga and some magic cards.

The magic cards were worth about $20 so I think it was a good deal.

me003

Quote from: Strongbad007 on February 03, 2008, 05:29:55 PM
Been playing the skate. demo all day. Awesome game. Anybody heard anything good about it?
That game never gets old. I can just play it for hours at a friends house when we have nothing to do. It's also really funny.
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

Quote from: Lawlz on February 03, 2008, 01:35:54 PM
Holy shit, Blockbuster sells games?

Raiden III is pretty good, but Gradius V is just amazing. The two things I dislike most about Raiden III are that you move disgustingly slow and that if you play it in sideways mode you can't adjust the controllers to suit it without just turning your TV on its side.

Also, R-Type Final does nothing more than piss me off but I'm trying to get myself to like it. I suppose the only game in the series I like is the first one for the SMS, but I still hate how the whole series has that checkpoint system (aside from Super, which just sends you to the beginning.)

But yeah, Gradius V is one of my favorites. It's harder than Gradius III but not to the point that it just makes you want to tear your hair out like R-Type.
http://www.amazon.com/Best-DC-PS-shooters/lm/3AZFAQQKIQYE4/ref=cm_lmt_srch_f_1_rsrsrs0

I found this list of some older Dreamcast/PS1 games. The PS1 has many great games and here are some shooters you may have never known about, but as you said 2.5D shooters aren't as good because they're usually full of distracting backgrounds and makes them a little harder.

Ikaruga is still awesome but defiantly a hard game. I got to level 2 today only to die. I used to be able to beat the first level without losing 1 life so maybe I'm just rusty.

I played the Japanese EBA games, whatever they're called. They're not any different except it seems to be a lot harder and the music, in my opinion, isn't as good. I liked EBA because I hate Skater Boi but playing it and having fun actually makes me happy somehow.

ncba93ivyase

Reaper, if you can ever get Ikaruga with the box for under $30, buy it and I'll buy it from you. By god I want that game.

Cannon Spike looks pretty cool but I really hate paying more than $5-10 for a DC game, because I guess I just don't like the DC too much.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Quote from: Lawlz on February 06, 2008, 01:14:42 PM
Reaper, if you can ever get Ikaruga with the box for under $30, buy it and I'll buy it from you. By god I want that game.

Cannon Spike looks pretty cool but I really hate paying more than $5-10 for a DC game, because I guess I just don't like the DC too much.
Lol just buy it for the $40 to goes for. I don't think $40 is a terrible deal for it since it onces sold for $50 when it came out. Sure you can get it for less but oh god not $10.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: reefer on February 06, 2008, 01:49:04 PM
Lol just buy it for the $40 to goes for. I don't think $40 is a terrible deal for it since it onces sold for $50 when it came out. Sure you can get it for less but oh god not $10.
I neither have the money nor would I ever pay that much for a used game.

ncba93ivyase

Is Luminous Arc like Final Fantasy Tactics Advance?

If so, I might get it.

Quote from: Lawlz on February 06, 2008, 02:18:59 PM
I neither have the money nor would I ever pay that much for a used game.
Lol my friend bought it for $40 and it is in perfect condition. He traded it to me so now it's mine  caterpie;

Samus Aran

Quote from: reefer on February 06, 2008, 01:49:04 PM

I got it for $35. I was pretty lucky to find it at that price. The best price is almost always around $40.

And Lawlz, it's not like it's the greatest game ever or anything. It's pretty awesome, but it's overrated, but that's to be expected from a Treasure game.

It's definitely worth the money, though.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Kaz on February 06, 2008, 04:41:00 PM
I got it for $35. I was pretty lucky to find it at that price. The best price is almost always around $40.

And Lawlz, it's not like it's the greatest game ever or anything. It's pretty awesome, but it's overrated, but that's to be expected from a Treasure game.

It's definitely worth the money, though.
I find Taito shooters to be better and a tenth of the price. caterpie;

But Treasure did make Gradius V, which is definitely one of my all time favorites.

Go Up