May 07, 2024, 10:12:36 PM

1,531,622 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The artist formally known

Quote from: Lawlz on February 02, 2008, 04:17:29 AM
DK Jungle Beat is the most fun I've had with a game in the past few months. :|
SERIOUSLY IT'S ONE OF THE BEST GAMES EVER

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: steal on February 02, 2008, 01:13:07 PM
Too bad they had to ruin it by recycling bosses and making it short and easy enough to beat in one sitting before never wanting to touch it again.
I played the first four kingdoms and I'll finish it later. I heard the bosses were recycled but everything in the first four are fresh. caterpie;

I just really hated the elephant battle.

Also, I got Raiden III and R-Type Final today. I now officially own every good PS2 game.
Quote from: Kaz on February 02, 2008, 01:04:18 PM
Christ, shut up. Yes, we all know you dislike the 360+Orange Box idea. We get it.
Christ, quit whining about my bitching. Yes, we all know that you dislike it when I point out the obvious that the Xbox 360 is utter ass and there is superior and free online to be had on the PC with the games being an even lower price. We get it.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

ME##

Quote from: WrenchNinja on February 02, 2008, 08:35:32 AM
Portable Ops is definitely a good PSP game. An excellent addition to my wonderful handhelds. <3

It is good, how far are you into it?

It's rather short though.

mariofreak

Tomboh

ME##

i bought raiden 3 today for the ps2.

can't play it because it's blue bottom and it fucked up my friends ps3 supposedly.  caterpie;

his resets when he puts a dvd (move dvd) into it now.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: reefer on February 03, 2008, 02:16:17 AM

can't play it because it's blue bottom and it fucked up my friends ps3 supposedly.  caterpie;

JESUS CHRIST WHY DID YOU BUY IT AFTER I BOUGHT IT

Also, both Gradius V and Raiden III are blue bottom, but they both play fine for me. Only thing I notice is the machine is twice as loud when playing them.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

ME##

Quote from: reefer on February 03, 2008, 02:16:17 AM

Hm, that's odd why would a PlayStation 2 game on a CD-ROM mess up his PlayStation3?  befuddlement

Quote from: Lawlz on February 03, 2008, 06:28:24 AM
JESUS CHRIST WHY DID YOU BUY IT AFTER I BOUGHT IT

Also, both Gradius V and Raiden III are blue bottom, but they both play fine for me. Only thing I notice is the machine is twice as loud when playing them.
I was going to buy some games from Blockbuster and my friend suggested that game. I had no idea you  had bought it but I knew it was a great game. I'd like to play Gradius V but it looks like I'd have to buy a new PS2 or something since even my friends PS3 won't play it, he has a 80gb so many it just doesn't emulate it properly? Maybe a 20 or a 60gb might work.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: reefer on February 03, 2008, 01:23:33 PM
I was going to buy some games from Blockbuster and my friend suggested that game. I had no idea you  had bought it but I knew it was a great game. I'd like to play Gradius V but it looks like I'd have to buy a new PS2 or something since even my friends PS3 won't play it, he has a 80gb so many it just doesn't emulate it properly? Maybe a 20 or a 60gb might work.
Holy shit, Blockbuster sells games?

Raiden III is pretty good, but Gradius V is just amazing. The two things I dislike most about Raiden III are that you move disgustingly slow and that if you play it in sideways mode you can't adjust the controllers to suit it without just turning your TV on its side.

Also, R-Type Final does nothing more than piss me off but I'm trying to get myself to like it. I suppose the only game in the series I like is the first one for the SMS, but I still hate how the whole series has that checkpoint system (aside from Super, which just sends you to the beginning.)

But yeah, Gradius V is one of my favorites. It's harder than Gradius III but not to the point that it just makes you want to tear your hair out like R-Type.

Commander Fuckass

Just beat Phoenix Wright Justice for All.

Currently playing: Phoenix Wright Trials and Tribulations.
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

strongbad

Been playing the skate. demo all day. Awesome game. Anybody heard anything good about it?

Quote from: Lawlz on February 03, 2008, 01:35:54 PM
Holy shit, Blockbuster sells games?

Raiden III is pretty good, but Gradius V is just amazing. The two things I dislike most about Raiden III are that you move disgustingly slow and that if you play it in sideways mode you can't adjust the controllers to suit it without just turning your TV on its side.

Also, R-Type Final does nothing more than piss me off but I'm trying to get myself to like it. I suppose the only game in the series I like is the first one for the SMS, but I still hate how the whole series has that checkpoint system (aside from Super, which just sends you to the beginning.)

But yeah, Gradius V is one of my favorites. It's harder than Gradius III but not to the point that it just makes you want to tear your hair out like R-Type.
I'd like that other game but my PS2 doesn't let me play blue bottom discs and I'm scared to get a PS3 and it not work again. Also I'm not saying this because you don't have the game or it's massive underground popularity but Ikaruga is fucking awesome, it's one of the most simple at first, complex if you're aiming for a high score games ever. Seriously, it's awesome as hell.

Blockbuster sells their games that they've rented out, I bought Pikmin 2 for $17, MediEvil Resurrection for $6 (while ago, one of those games I might want to play in the future.), and Raiden III for $15 and skipped up Nanobreakers for $7, all of these games are worth about $5 more so I have to say I'm happy about my purchases from them. Only thing I dislike is that you can't tell if some little faggot has stolen or lost the instruction booklet but if the cashiers are nice ask them to open up the games first to inspect it if you care like I do.

I suggest you check out Blockbuster for their used games, no one checks those games and you're bound to find a great game in there at least once.

Only Pikmin 2 wasn't complete but I couldn't pass it up :(

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: reefer on February 04, 2008, 12:13:55 AM

Only Pikmin 2 wasn't complete but I couldn't pass it up :(
I got it complete and brand new about a year back for $20.

Go Up