October 17, 2019, 06:26:41 AM

1,539,705 Posts in 46,187 Topics by 1,176 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.


Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by reeper, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Go Down

6M69I69B9

ok so going hard at it after work, i couldn't get a win.  at the very least i know i can get top 5 if i really try hard.  was getting from top 80s, to 20s-30s- then finally to 15-5.

this is gonna be tougher than i thought

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries


Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck





Samus Aran

finished yakuza kiwami

wrench;

still have a lot to do in it tho. not sure how much of it i'll do. probably at least all the subquests.

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries


Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck





C.Mongler

bought Blasphemous on Switch hope i enjoy it  happydood;

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo

i beat undertale. The true ending kind of went on and on but otherwise i really liked the game

Samus Aran

Finished Link's Awakening last night. Great remake. Literally the only problem with it is that there's heart pieces, seashells, and a bottle locked behind the half-assed dungeon maker thing with Dampe. It's otherwise just a phenomenal game because they took something that was already great and just made it better.

I guess some of the new music arrangements are a bit underwhelming too but other ones are really good so it kinda evens out.

Got all heart pieces and seashells and upgrades. Took about 18 hours maybe?

YPrrrr

Quote from: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo on September 22, 2019, 10:54:28 PMi beat undertale. The true ending kind of went on and on but otherwise i really liked the game
39;s a great game! Great dialogue. I keep trying to get Nicole to play it.
Quote from: Samus Aran on September 29, 2019, 06:46:24 PMFinished Link's Awakening last night. Great remake. Literally the only problem with it is that there's heart pieces, seashells, and a bottle locked behind the half-assed dungeon maker thing with Dampe. It's otherwise just a phenomenal game because they took something that was already great and just made it better.

I guess some of the new music arrangements are a bit underwhelming too but other ones are really good so it kinda evens out.

Got all heart pieces and seashells and upgrades. Took about 18 hours maybe?
I really want to play this but dunno if it's worth 60 dollars

YPrrrr

Also I'm playing Hollow Knight and it's fun as FUCK. It's so smoooooooooth

I can no longer say I hate Metroidvanias

After that looking forward to trying out Ori

Thimelidoo

Quote from: YPrrrr on October 02, 2019, 06:48:08 AMAlso I'm playing Hollow Knight and it's fun as FUCK. It's so smoooooooooth

I can no longer say I hate Metroidvanias

After that looking forward to trying out Ori

great games wrench;

Nyerp

tales of xillia 2 is an astonishingly lazy sequel so far

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on October 03, 2019, 10:22:23 AMtales of xillia 2 is an astonishingly lazy sequel so far

GOD don't even get me started on that game lmao

xillia is one of the better games in the franchise and then its sequel just drags it through the mud. it's not awful per se, just really lazy and has some really stupid mechanics added that pad out the game and make it grindy. and the new characters aren't anywhere near as likable as the old ones.

at least it's not symphonia 2.

Nyerp

Quote from: Samus Aran on October 07, 2019, 11:23:18 AM
Quote from: Nyerp on October 03, 2019, 10:22:23 AMtales of xillia 2 is an astonishingly lazy sequel so far

GOD don't even get me started on that game lmao

xillia is one of the better games in the franchise and then its sequel just drags it through the mud. it's not awful per se, just really lazy and has some really stupid mechanics added that pad out the game and make it grindy. and the new characters aren't anywhere near as likable as the old ones.

at least it's not symphonia 2.
srsly. i can't believe that even though the game already recycles all the areas from xillia 1, the plot is centered on an alternate realities gimmick that's all just an excuse to recycle them AGAIN. and then there's the debt system which requires you to go back to those areas to grind for sidequests AGAIN. what the fuck.

TooB

There's some really cool moments in xillia 2 at least  sillydood;

C.Mongler

i think im on the final stretch of blasphemous lol. game is okay but the second half has really gotten on my nerves. a lot of really weird design decisions, and bugs lol. i've gotten stuck in the fucking wall like 4 times and had to reset the game. cheap feeling deaths galore to the point that i cant help but laugh when i get knocked back off a timny platform into a spike pit for the 5th time.

its not a bad game, but man it could have been so much better. i hope they make a second one and dont try to dance around using standard metroidvania tropes and design ideas as much as it felt like they did for this game. almost none of the items in the entire game feel meaningful, its very weird.

Samus Aran

finished Kirby & The Amazing Mirror last night

i've actually had this game since around the time it came out. as a teenager i found it off-putting because i didn't really like the idea of Kirby being a Metroidvania all of the sudden. not that it is technically a Metroidvania, but it's as close as Kirby's ever gotten, having a big, inter-connected web of levels and all. i got about halfway through before forgetting about it for a long time.

having actually finished it this time, i think it's pretty darn good, but it is a bit of a slog. the level design is not really all that special and a lot of rooms just sort of blend together and there's few landmarks, so when you're having to backtrack and such it just gets kind of tiresome. the new abilities are also pretty lame, except maybe for missile. the final boss is also pretty poor, and handled in a way unique to this game that i'm not really a fan of.

while the game is otherwise solid, i can say that about any Kirby platformer. for my money, Nightmare in Dreamland is easily the better game out of the two GBA entries. if i were to rank all of the platformers in the series (that i've played), Amazing Mirror would probably be in the bottom third. but i do like it more than Squeak Squad or Mass Attack.

Go Up