September 20, 2024, 08:27:14 PM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

bluaki

Quote from: Platinum the Trinity on March 01, 2015, 02:21:30 AM
finished the main story of Kirby Triple Deluxe today...and also Fatal Frame II

both fantastic wrench;
On the Kirby note, I got Rainbow Curse when it released (Feb 20) and finished it 100% with all challenges a few days ago.

It was pretty good.

Also, its sound test has a lot of new remixes of old songs which the game doesn't even use during gameplay.

TooB

bluaki

Quote from: Jojo on March 03, 2015, 07:57:24 AM
Quote from: bluaki on March 02, 2015, 11:25:45 PM
Quote from: Platinum the Trinity on March 01, 2015, 02:21:30 AM

Also, its sound test has a lot of new remixes of old songs which the game doesn't even use during gameplay.
What the fuck?
Sound Test Songs are among the game's collectibles, so they included not only all the songs that appear during gameplay (there's about 76 of them iirc) but also quite a few (~36 total) soundtest-only new remixes of songs from almost every past Kirby game.

As an example, here's one of them from Kirby 64:
[spoiler][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf6B5GnQw1Q[/youtube][/spoiler]

Samus Aran

Nyerp

ME##

Nyerp

ME##

Kalahari Inkantation

TooB

Kalahari Inkantation

you would think i of all people would have loved a merger of the dynamic open world of gta with the compelling investigation-driven storytelling of the ace attorney series

unfortunately i feel like team bondi's attempt somehow replaced the fun factor of both with mostly tedium and frustration

Thyme

Snowy

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Thymian on March 03, 2015, 08:10:39 PM
such an empty world, smh

yeah there's literally no point in ever exploring anything, very much unlike gta

[spoiler=spoilerific tecconfessions]

i just immediately looked up the solutions to that late-game puzzle that required the player to match certain poem snippets with in-game locations because the game gave me literally no reason to pay any attention whatsoever to its lifeless facade of an overworld prior to that and i certainly wasn't going to roam around arbitrarily for hours trying to figure it out myself lol
[/spoiler]

Nyerp

thankfully i wasn't really expecting (or wanting) to have a world to explore with this game lol

Go Up