September 28, 2024, 12:29:54 AM

1,531,323 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Samus Aran

Quote from: Tectron on January 24, 2015, 09:05:06 PM
Quote from: Platinum the Trinity on January 19, 2015, 01:03:11 AM
and also holds things in front of him, protecting him from the front.

idk if maybe things were changed for the [glow=black,2,300]gba[/glow] version but they both seem to be protected from the very same angles when holding an item

anyway animal antix is absolute shite

Animal Antics is one of my favorite levels in the game lol

Good luck Tec

Thyme

actually i never beat lost world because i never unlocked the whole thing

can't be bothered to find all dem crèmcoins

i did however do it in dkc3

Hiro

also unsure if i should preorder gta from rockstar or steam

TooB

finished Lightning Returns.......... fuckin finally....

strongbad

currently playing...
DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS

as well as nethack still

i am basically a nerd from the early 1980s oh ya

TooB

got King's Bounty Platinum and Painkiller Hell and Damnation o n steam

Custom

I bought Persona Q and I guess I'm playing that but the writing is really shitty and fuck this game and the Arena games

Kalahari Inkantation

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Samus Aran

Quote from: Tectron on January 27, 2015, 02:45:16 AM
last beaten: donkey kong country 2 :)

did you like it more than the first game??? details pls

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo on January 27, 2015, 11:38:43 AM
whats next tectron

clearing the lost world

not sure what to play after i'm completely finished with it, though

Quote from: Platinum the Trinity on January 27, 2015, 02:46:41 PM
Quote from: Tectron on January 27, 2015, 02:45:16 AM
last beaten: donkey kong country 2 :)

did you like it more than the first game??? details pls

yes, the game's challenges feel less artificial and luck-based than they sometimes did in the original, and 2's vehicle levels are much more enjoyable than 1's were despite there being fewer of them

i also appreciate the lack of insanely difficult gimmicks like stop-go station lol

i think my biggest complaint about these games is that it's sometimes difficult to tell exactly where a stylized platform (barrels, lily pads, etc.) ends

most 2d platformers give you a couple of courtesy pixels beyond the edge of a platform, but in dkc's case it can sometimes feel as if the collision detection ends before the visual representation of the platform would seem to end, which has resulted in countless deaths that i would perceive as unfair lol

actually collision detection in general seems kind of wonky, because there are times when you can graze an enemy by a pixel or two with no ill consequences and other times where you'd be hit

as for the game's graphical wonder, i did only play the gba version but even that looks impressive

i think i'm going to [glow=black,2,300]pirate[/glow] and replay the original snes versions of all the gba snes ports i've played (all the dkcs, alttp, super mario world, yoshi's island) to experience them in their original grandeur, because as good as the gba's emulations are they're unquestionably inferior to the snes originals lol

Thyme

having played both, i'd tell you not to bother with yoshi's island as it's exactly the same except for yoshi's sounds

unless you just feel like replaying a great game in which case by all means ¯\_(ãƒ,,)_/¯

YPrrrr

Got Grim Fandango, I am somewhat scared to get started because I hear how frustrating some puzzles can be

Go Up