July 08, 2024, 10:44:26 AM

1,531,276 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

NiGHTS into dreams for the Wii

Started by The artist formally known, May 07, 2007, 12:55:55 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ClassicTyler

Quote from: MILADMAAAN on May 07, 2007, 03:41:21 PM
Holy JMV that looks worse then a gamecube game.

If it gets good reviews, I'll get it. I'm nowhere near being sold though.

I suppose the bad graphics but responsive gameplay makes up for the 360's buggy early titles.

mariofreak55

Quote from: Reaper on May 08, 2007, 12:41:18 AM
Quote from: Morning_Glory on May 08, 2007, 12:06:47 AM
That's true, but that still doesn't stop the graphics from looking like Milad. I'm really disappointed in the Wii's graphics. Dammit, all of the games should be at least as good as Resident Evil 4!
Release titles suck, scientifically proven fact.

When they can port a gamecube/ps2 game to the Wii with no effort at all, and there are ps2/gcn games that look BETTER then the Wii games, there's NO FUKCING EXCUSE, except for laziness.

Morning_Glory

Quote from: ClassicTyler on May 08, 2007, 02:51:03 PM

I suppose the bad graphics but responsive gameplay makes up for the 360's buggy early titles.

Call me when Project Gotham Racing 3 looks bad.

ClassicTyler

Quote from: Morning_Glory on May 08, 2007, 08:24:32 PM
Quote from: ClassicTyler on May 08, 2007, 02:51:03 PM

Call me when Project Gotham Racing 3 looks bad.

I didn't say it looks bad. But 2/3 of the 360's early titles were buggy.

mariofreak55

Well the 360 is a better piece of hardware, but the graphics were better then the XBox.

The Wii, none of the launch games looked better then some of the best GCN games (and don't say Zelda, because that was done on the Gamecube.). And they still are. It's pathetic.

The artist formally known

Quote from: MILADMAAAN on May 09, 2007, 04:50:10 PM
Well the 360 is a better piece of hardware, but the graphics were better then the XBox.

The Wii, none of the launch games looked better then some of the best GCN games (and don't say Zelda, because that was done on the Gamecube.). And they still are. It's pathetic.
Face it, only reason anyone likes the Wii better is because of the games and controls

NO OTHER REASON

mariofreak55

Quote from: Reaper on May 09, 2007, 05:02:41 PM

Face it, only reason anyone likes the Wii better is because of the games and controls

NO OTHER REASON
And your point is?

The graphics shouldn't suck as much ass as they are right now.

Necro

Quote from: MILADMAAAN on May 09, 2007, 07:40:21 PM

NO OTHER REASON
And your point is?

The graphics shouldn't suck as much ass as they are right now.
Seriously. Isn't that what matters? Good fun games? I don't get the bolded statement.... psyduck;
You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is Necro

Morning_Glory

Quote from: Necro on May 09, 2007, 07:53:02 PM
Quote from: MILADMAAAN on May 09, 2007, 07:40:21 PM

NO OTHER REASON
And your point is?

The graphics shouldn't suck as much Milad as they are right now.
Seriously. Isn't that what matters? Good fun games? I don't get the bolded statement.... psyduck;

When graphics look that shitty, at least in current generation titles, I tend to ignore them unless they have excellent gameplay.

Honestly, I don't see why everyone suddenly lowered their graphical expectations when the Wii came out.

Quote from: Morning_Glory on May 09, 2007, 07:59:30 PM
When graphics look that shitty, at least in current generation titles, I tend to ignore them unless they have excellent gameplay.

Honestly, I don't see why everyone suddenly lowered their graphical expectations when the Wii came out.
I don't know about you but graphics don't mean shit to me

I just played these games recently:

Words 3D
Worms World Party
Chex Quest
Doom 1
Pokemon Pearl

All of those games graphics are total shit, but they're still AWESOME games.

Pokemon Pearl has good graphics on the other hand, they could be tons better though.

Morning_Glory

Quote from: Reaper on May 09, 2007, 08:47:18 PM
Quote from: Morning_Glory on May 09, 2007, 07:59:30 PM
When graphics look that LCKy, at least in current generation titles, I tend to ignore them unless they have excellent gameplay.

I don't know about you but graphics don't mean JMV to me

I just played these games recently:

Words 3D
Worms World Party
Chex Quest
Doom 1
Pokemon Pearl

All of those games graphics are total JMV, but they're still AWESOME games.

Pokemon Pearl has good graphics on the other hand, they could be tons better though.

When graphics look that LCKy, at least in current generation titles

Look, I'm talking current generation. Doom came out how many years ago? I'm not paying $50 unless I'm getting the full package: gameplay, graphics, sound, etc. I'm not going to waste my money on a game that looks like something I shitted out.

If NiGHTS was a VC game, I'd would be incredible looking. But, I assume it's a regular game, and on a system that could push Resident Evil 4 two years ago...It's unacceptable. 3rd party developers need to get off of their asses and try to make some half way decent graphics.

Quote from: Morning_Glory on May 10, 2007, 12:07:51 AM

Look, I'm talking current generation. Doom came out how many years ago? I'm not paying $50 unless I'm getting the full package: gameplay, graphics, sound, etc. I'm not going to waste my money on a game that looks like something I shitted out.

If NiGHTS was a VC game, I'd would be incredible looking. But, I assume it's a regular game, and on a system that could push Resident Evil 4 two years ago...It's unacceptable. 3rd party developers need to get off of their asses and try to make some half way decent graphics.
Pokemon Diamond is current, and the graphics aren't amazing

And I was just stating that graphics don't matter to me at all  psyduck;

One Man Freak Show

Quote from: Morning_Glory on May 07, 2007, 11:49:55 PM
Quote from: Reaper on May 07, 2007, 11:46:38 PM
Quote from: MILADMAAAN on May 07, 2007, 09:31:26 PM
Excuse me for not wanting a game that has JMV graphics that are worse then a mid-lifespan gamecube game.

sweat;
Once again, I agree the graphics suck. The game play is what is the deciding factor. I loved Katamari Damacy, I loved ICO, I loved Guitar Hero 2. All of the games have JMV/who cares graphics.

But Katamari Damacy's graphics are awesome, Guitar Hero 2 had great graphics especially in HD, and ICO had okay graphics as well.

Sarcasm much? v;

Necro

Quote from: Reaper on May 10, 2007, 12:38:51 AM

I wish I could agree, but when a game looks that bad, ya know, the kind of game that tries to incorporate a colorful breath-taking scenery, the two attributes really do NOT go hand-in-hand, and it can make it... almost difficult to play.
You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is Necro

Morning_Glory

Quote from: Reaper on May 10, 2007, 12:38:51 AM
Quote from: Morning_Glory on May 10, 2007, 12:07:51 AM

Portable titles and console titles are different. Yes, I have different standards. 2D is fine on a portable system, especially when it has the possibility of looking really shitty in 3D on said portable system.

Go Up