October 01, 2024, 02:24:36 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Rock Band impressions (not mine)

Started by The artist formally known, October 29, 2007, 07:52:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The artist formally known

October 29, 2007, 07:52:24 PM Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 08:00:50 PM by reefer
I'm asking for it for x-mas so I wont get it for a while

Here is what someone said on another message board

QuoteSo my /v/idya gaem department at the Best Buy I work at got the Rock Band demo in and set up, all with a guitar, drums, and mic. I can honestly say that I'm extremely excited for this game to come out, and will probably skip buying Guitar Hero Triple. The nultiplayer is what totally drive it home, with the different ways each instrument has it's own "star power". Probably to only gripe I have about it is the timing is somewhat different then Guitar Hero, but you get used to it really quick if you just focus on the music more. I seriously think Guitar Hero is fucked if they don't get their act together like this game.

Any other anons try it out? What do they think?

And in another post when I asked how the drums work with star power

QuoteThe guitar power for rock band is the same (rock out vertically).

For Drums, there are these freestyle parts like drum rolls where you can just go ape-shit, but at the end of it you have to hit the cymbal (green) then the star power is activated. And they also have ending drum solos where you so crazy with, and you get more points for the most drum strikes and variety (ou can't just hit the same one a million times).

The vocals, you can wail to activate your power, or that's what it seemed like, every time I purposefully yelled or wailed it activated.
Seriously though, this thing is worth it for the drum set alone. It's fucking fun as HELL!!!

Looks cool, the star powers are individual on co-op by the way, unlike GH

Wolf Link

Though I did enjoy playing it at E-For-All, I'm not about to blow $170 on a game. That's a bit out of my range.
And to pay 60 for it without the instruments seems rather pointless to me =P

It was fun, though. Unless you are on guitar, don't start off on the same skill level you play GH on. Both my drummer and my vocalist learned that the hard way xD

Title27GT

Placebo Headwound

Glad to see the drums are gonna be awesome. wub;

ME##

I might just buy the guitar package... Though I'm not too good at rhythm  games to being with.  gonk;

UnagiPower

I wanna go ape-shit on the drums.  powerofone;

Won't Get Fooled Again on drums...mango

Infel

I'd go ape shit on my sister's face with the guitar because of her elitist attitude.

"I CAN DO THREE SONGS IN EXPERT, GET DOWN ON YOUR KNEES AND EAT ME OUT"

She seriously fucking said that. psyduck;

Quote from: KT on November 05, 2007, 06:53:19 PM
I'd go ape shit on my sister's face with the guitar because of her elitist attitude.

"I CAN DO THREE SONGS IN EXPERT, GET DOWN ON YOUR KNEES AND EAT ME OUT"

She seriously fucking said that. psyduck;
Even I can do three songs on expert on GH3. I suck badly.

Infel

Quote from: reefer on November 05, 2007, 07:52:10 PM
Even I can do three songs on expert on GH3. I suck badly.
No, that's good. GHIII has the shittiest Smart Strum mechanics, which was sacrificed for some fucking ugly gloss.

Gambit17

Quote from: KT on November 05, 2007, 07:53:05 PM
No, that's good. GHIII has the shittiest Smart Strum mechanics, which was sacrificed for some fucking ugly gloss.

DON'T TALK SHIT ABOUT TOTAL  psyduck;

Infel

NO MORE BOOZE FOR YOU, YOU SON OF A BITCH TOURETTE'S GUY

Quote from: KT on November 05, 2007, 07:53:05 PM
I suck balls, I can only clear about five or six songs on Hard

Infel

On GHII I can do about 30 songs on hard. Then I can't do shit on Expert. Yet.

Wolf Link

I know of at least three I can do on expert, but not many more than that D:
I prefer GHII. I can do every career song on expert (sometimes) excluding Institutionalized D:

Go Up