October 01, 2024, 12:45:30 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The most retarded game characters ever

Started by ncba93ivyase, October 21, 2007, 07:04:36 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

JGE

Quote from: Lawlz on October 21, 2007, 12:47:49 PM
lolwut

Amd I the only one that pretty much hates everything about the X series but loves the classic designs and everything? Jesus, I even made paintings of the classic Megaman stuffs. caterpie;

gooncamp;

I hate X series too.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Lawlz on October 21, 2007, 12:47:49 PM
lolwut

Amd I the only one that pretty much hates everything about the X series but loves the classic designs and everything? Jesus, I even made paintings of the classic Megaman stuffs. caterpie;
Original Megaman was scary looking gonk;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Precursor on October 21, 2007, 12:48:51 PM
gooncamp;

I hate X series too.

I hate the Playstation port of X3. X5 is also pretty bad...as is X6. I haven't played X7 or X8, but I hear they suck horribly.

JGE

Quote from: Rei Kazanami on October 21, 2007, 12:54:24 PM
I hate the Playstation port of X3. X5 is also pretty bad...as is X6. I haven't played X7 or X8, but I hear they suck horribly.

Yeah, pretty much the X series in general sucks ass.

UnagiPower

Quote from: Precursor on October 21, 2007, 12:54:58 PM

X2, X3, and X4 were good.  psyduck;

Well at least X2 and X3

Samus Aran

Quote from: UnagiPower on October 21, 2007, 12:59:25 PM

Well at least X2 and X3

X4 was the only good PS one. And the original X is still my favorite out of all of them.

Quote from: Precursor on October 21, 2007, 12:54:58 PM

how so

YPrrrr

JGE

Quote from: Rei Kazanami on October 21, 2007, 01:00:36 PM
X4 was the only good PS one. And the original X is still my favorite out of all of them.

how so

Being the least original Megaman, corrupting the Megaman series, highly overrated. At least my opinion.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: UnagiPower on October 21, 2007, 12:59:25 PM

Well at least X2 and X3
X2 is decent at best.

Nothing really compares to Megaman 2-4 (maybe 5) and Zero 2 and 3.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

JGE

If I had to choose the best (and by best of course, I follow this by my bias as hell opinion) it was Megaman64(Legends), Megaman Battle Network 2, Megaman II.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Precursor on October 21, 2007, 01:04:44 PM
Being the least original Megaman, corrupting the Megaman series, highly overrated. At least my opinion.

I'm pretty sure X isn't to blame for the corruption that the overall series has suffered. There's no way you can blame shit like Battle Network on X. They just don't connect. It's much more complicated, though I can at least admit that the introduction of the X games brought out some more ideas for change...nothing as drastic as Battle Network though. Legends and stuff like that.

Also, the lack of originality meant that it stayed true to what the best Mega Man games were in the first place...platformers.

UnagiPower

wawawiwa

I actually like the Crash games, though I also like almost all platformers.  navi;

JGE

Quote from: Rei Kazanami on October 21, 2007, 01:09:17 PM
I'm pretty sure X isn't to blame for the corruption that the overall series has suffered.

Also, the lack of originality meant that it stayed true to what the best Mega Man games were in the first place...platformers.

Actually, the corruption did start with X. X was pretty much the begining of where the mindset of the fanbase went to hell, after so many redundant titles over and over again, the minds of the fans were "hey, if it isn't a side-scroller, it's not good". It also lead to a lot of ignorance towards very decent titles like Megaman Legends 1 and Megaman Battle Network 2 (the first one was a tech demo at best). Then you have the fact that the quality in the series, and low rate titles started with the X series.
Now I don't mind losing originality to stay true to the series, but after 20 games of playing the same shit, I get sick of it.
I remember the day I put Megaman X in my SNES, excited to play it, and I was like "What the heck is this? I played this 8 games ago".

Samus Aran

Quote from: Precursor on October 21, 2007, 01:14:16 PM
Actually, the corruption did start with X. X was pretty much the begining of where the mindset of the fanbase went to hell, after so many redundant titles over and over again, the minds of the fans were "hey, if it isn't a side-scroller, it's not good". It also lead to a lot of ignorance towards very decent titles like Megaman Legends 1 and Megaman Battle Network 2 (the first one was a tech demo at best). Then you have the fact that the quality in the series, and low rate titles started with the X series.
Now I don't mind losing originality to stay true to the series, but after 20 games of playing the same shit, I get sick of it.
I remember the day I put Megaman X in my SNES, excited to play it, and I was like "What the heck is this? I played this 8 games ago".

You think the redundancy started with X? There were already 5 games that were almost identical to one another in the original series by the time the first X even came about.

psyduck;

JGE

Quote from: Rei Kazanami on October 21, 2007, 01:27:55 PM
You think the redundancy started with X? There were already 5 games that were almost identical to one another in the original series by the time the first X even came about.

psyduck;

Yes but X made it worst by essentially being the same thing except updated visuals.

Go Up