September 29, 2024, 09:29:57 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Anybody played Resistance Fall of Man?

Started by JGE, October 09, 2007, 08:59:31 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

JGE

I was curious as of what the controls and storyline are like, and if I should get it for my PS3.

ME##

Resistance: Fall of Man follows an alternative history which diverges from true history at the start of the 20th century. Due to changes in historical events, the end of World War I leads to a prosperous European alliance and worldwide peace, preventing the Great Depression, the rise of the Nazis in Germany, and World War II, but also leads to the rise of an isolationist Russian Empire, one that is still under czarist rule as Lenin's revolution was quashed.

However, a new menace arises from Siberia, with the epicenter corresponding to the time and location of the Tunguska event of 1908. In 1921, Russia initiated a communications blackout with the rest of the world, and built a wall against its European border called the "Red Curtain". Word spreads of small towns, villages, and eventually cities in Russia and Eastern Europe that are destroyed within a single night. A strange cold front also develops over Russia and spreads outwards. European intelligence agencies attempt to listen in on Russian radio stations only to hear a single message repeated over and over: "Brotherhood, Strength, and Fortitude...in the face of the angry night."

In December 1949, the Red Curtain is suddenly breached by numerous Chimera forces. The Chimera overrun continental Europe by February 1950, leaving very few survivors. The Chimera then proceed to dig underneath the English Channel, invading England in late 1950. The bulk of the English forces are wiped out, with the rest fleeing to scattered bases in the northern parts of Britain.

Yay for Wikipedia. And I've heard it's good. The lowest score I found on the Wikia article is 7 and that was given by OPM UK, everything else was 8+.

The artist formally known

I've played a bit of it, controls are fine but the controller doesn't play FPS games very well

Graphics aren't amazing at all.

YPrrrr

Pretty much a must own game for the PS3. Especially if you have online.

The main story's pretty easy, but the storyline certaintly isn't lacking in interesting content.

UnagiPower

Game sucks.  :|

It was cool cause there were a good variety of weapons, which reminded me of Ratchet, but the overall game was pretty...meh.

Go Up